• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Can somebody help me and explain in PM what the difference in buying and selling with personal paypal?

I don't understand, and fairly new to all this...

No PM neccesary - with personal payments, from a PayPal balance, you have no protection or recourse if something goes wrong through a non-eBay (or other merchant) account. Scammers like to ask for it so they can rip people off easier.

Some people send a payment to someone they know & trust via the personal method, but one should never ask that it be paid that way. As RMA points out, it is stealing from PayPal and is usually a good way to get burned in the end.

-slym

Edited by slym2none

6 people said "no" so far on the poll.

Question for the 5 of you that aren't solarcadet - we have all explained why we think he should be on the list, why do you think he shouldn't be?

-slym (18 "yes" votes!) (thumbs u

there will always be those people who forgive and forget to easily, its up to us who actually see this is going to be a problem in the future to take a stand, and vote for HOS

6 people said "no" so far on the poll.

Question for the 5 of you that aren't solarcadet - we have all explained why we think he should be on the list, why do you think he shouldn't be?

-slym (18 "yes" votes!) (thumbs u

there will always be those people who forgive and forget to easily, its up to us who actually see this is going to be a problem in the future to take a stand, and vote for HOS

That's all well and good, but I want to hear it from them, get their personal reasons.

;)

-slym

Can somebody help me and explain in PM what the difference in buying and selling with personal paypal?

No PM neccesary - with personal payments, from a PayPal balance, you have no protection or recourse if something goes wrong through a non-eBay (or other merchant) account. Scammers like to ask for it so they can rip people off easier

-slym

K...

Please bear with me, I am pretty thick...

I have a paypal account, and someone has a comic I wish to purchase. I agree to the price and send ask that person for their paypal email. In my paypal, I use that email as the seller and funds are exchanged any way I choose in my paypal account.

Am I using a personal account for this transaction?

I forgive... MetalPSI for not knowing about PP personal payments.

:grin:

-slym

I haven't used PP personal payments, though I've seen it there. I'm assuming that buyer protections are lacking for such payments?

Yes

No PM neccesary - with personal payments, from a PayPal balance, you have no protection or recourse if something goes wrong through a non-eBay (or other merchant) account. Scammers like to ask for it so they can rip people off easier

-slym

K...

I have a paypal account, and someone has a comic I wish to purchase. I agree to the price and send ask that person for their paypal email. In my paypal, I use that email as the seller and funds are exchanged any way I choose in my paypal account.

You're doing it right, just make sure to check that it's for goods/services if you don't intend for it to be personal. If you sending personal, you check the option for friends/family.

-slym

K...

You're doing it right, just make sure to check that it's for goods/services if you don't intend for it to be personal. If you sending personal, you check the option for friends/family.

Yes this. But if friends/family button is pushed then you can not open a case with said person. That money is theirs and you'll have to pray they ship the book on good faith.

-slym

K...

:idea: (thumbs u

Thanks guys :D

I guess I missed stuff... :blush:

Boy I feel bad because I mailed something today when I first promised to try to get it out on Monday.

:(

Some of you guys that think you can wait weeks and months... :screwy: