• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
23 23

4,790 posts in this topic

Great books, Joe. As you know, that COTL #15 is really tough in HG. And the WMD #13 is no picnic either.

Tell me about it. I am happy with the 9.4's but as always I would not mind owning a 9.6 or better.

Great books, Joe. As you know, that COTL #15 is really tough in HG. And the WMD #13 is no picnic either.

Tell me about it. I am happy with the 9.4's but as always I would not mind owning a 9.6 or better.

Your OCD is showing :baiting:

Your OCD is showing :baiting:

I know. I would fix it but right now I am trying to navigate this slippery slope I am on.

Can't believe a letter from Jeph Loeb gets a mention. :screwy:
I always thought it was pretty cool to come across a letter from a "creator". It let's me know they were passionate about comics as a fan. Now, does this need to be noted on the case? (shrug)

I've been slowly buying Marvel's Greatest Comics wanting to put together a nice run since finishing my FF collection. Here is one of the more recent purchases. Love these from this run for the alternate covers of classic issues. This one reprints FF 48.

scan0009-13.jpg

I've been slowly buying Marvel's Greatest Comics wanting to put together a nice run since finishing my FF collection. Here is one of the more recent purchases. Love these from this run for the alternate covers of classic issues. This one reprints FF 48.

scan0009-13.jpg

The re-imagined cover are a nice bonus with the Marvel's Greatest Comics and Marvel Tales picture frame books. Gil Kane and John Buscema both drew a lot of great covers in that era. But for whatever reasons, their re-imagined covers were pretty weak in comparison to their other work and the books' original covers. However, at the risk of saying something blasphemous, I think the cover of Marvel's Greatest Comics #37 is an exception. I like it more than FF #50. All just my opinion, of course.

scan0009-13.jpg

The re-imagined cover are a nice bonus with the Marvel's Greatest Comics and Marvel Tales picture frame books. Gil Kane and John Buscema both drew a lot of great covers in that era. But for whatever reasons, their re-imagined covers were pretty weak in comparison to their other work and the books' original covers. However, at the risk of saying something blasphemous, I think the cover of Marvel's Greatest Comics #37 is an exception. I like it more than FF #50. All just my opinion, of course.

I agree except the Watcher looks more like a minder or a heavy - he was never that muscly.

Edited by nmtg9

scan0009-13.jpg

I agree except the Watcher looks more like a minder or a heavy - he was never that muscly.

This is the cover I was talking about. That probably wasn't clear because I quoted Brian's post.

I don't know who the big green hands belong to. It's been a long time since I read FF #50. But I think it's pretty dramatic in any event.

MarvelsGreatestComics37-92.jpg

Edited by Ghost Town