• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,899 posts in this topic

On 8/22/2021 at 11:12 AM, Willie Lumpkin said:

Took some time off from chasing the Walmart three packs to visit the local antique mall. Picked up the Charltons because I remember getting the Modern reprints of E-man as a kid at Woolworths and not realizing at the time that they were reprints.

Superman family was another guilty pleasure from childhood since it had a lot of stories for the money.

Don’t usually collect a specific horror title, although I like the genre.  This cover spoke to me, even though it cost  a little more than I usually spend on this type of comic.

8FDB7BF2-26FD-4210-B140-ED79E40ABDF1.thumb.jpeg.645fa04c2089b78c7eda916e6c650447.jpeg

image.thumb.jpg.7cfc347caf94988aa72fb7bc4b6e3898.jpg

Love the Nick Cardy HoM cover. Him and Kaluta are a lot of my childhood favorites. 

On 8/1/2021 at 8:02 PM, mrwoogieman said:

Found 8 sets of five X-Force 1 issues at a garage sale yesterday. One had a little something extra in it

img018.jpg

Actually had a chance to go through the rest of these sets today and was surprised to find that four of them have double Deadpool cards and a fifth one also has a third card from the set in there with two Deadpools. Pretty cool.

On 8/27/2021 at 7:36 AM, Rip said:

Craigs list. These were all mostly really glossy, some with white pages. All have some various defects that keep them from high grade but most have huge improvement potential.

Really like the War 11 and the Wild 2. Great devil interior on the Wild.

comics826c.jpg

comics826b.jpg

comics826.jpg

devil.jpg

On 8/27/2021 at 8:31 AM, Robot Man said:

Wow! Great score. Craig’s List? Man, I never see anything worthwhile there. Guess like anything, if you are persistant...

Kind of a weird mix of books though. Did you get any more or was that it? 

There's some Mad's an EC, Adventure Comics and some other stuff I haven't bought yet. I started out buying around half of what was found so far. I found another book while doing a little searching. Hopefully there's more.

On 8/27/2021 at 3:15 PM, MattTheDuck said:

This morning's trip to a yard sale out in the country.  Not a bad way to pick up half the first 100 Conan issues :).  Plus a pretty nice Giant-Size and an ASM.  I've rebagged them, but they were in heat-sealed plastic bags - 1 book to probably 10 per bag.  Generally in the condition range you expect at these events.

Conan batch 4.jpg

Conan batch 3.jpg

Conan batch 2.jpg

Conan batch 1.jpg

Very nice  :)

Plan to read them all this weekend? :x

On 8/29/2021 at 8:15 PM, Robot Man said:
On 8/29/2021 at 4:50 PM, cabinboy said:

$50 on OfferUp - a little toasty, but I couldn't drive to the guy's place fast enough to pick it up

IMG_4472.thumb.jpg.af8b3be533029aa433a83361976330fc.jpg

Expand  

VERY nice score! I got this one at an antique store probably 20+ years ago. Wonderful display piece for all kinds of paper items. 

Lol that's cool! I knew I had seen it somewhere before! :x

On 9/2/2021 at 10:47 AM, VAZ said:

Craigslist find. Complete set of the EC Comics Gemstone Reprints 1992-2000.

IMG_6199.jpg

IMG_6201.jpg

IMG_6202.jpg

IMG_6203.jpg

IMG_6204.jpg

IMG_6206.jpg

Awsome score! You have a ton of great reading ahead of you. I bought them every month when they came out. Lot of fun to see them on the rack. Only difference was I knew what the next one would be. :roflmao:

I had a plan of binding them but never got around to it.