• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,895 posts in this topic

I had a similar experience coming out a comic shop. This couple had a milk crate of comics and they were going to sell their uncles collection

I looked at a few of the books and they had some early avengers including a #4. I told them that they had some good books in there and that I would be interested in buying if the shop passed on them. I told them what I thought the books were worth (range) and told them not to take any less than (above a fair offer due to some of the keys in the box). I also gave them my number and let them know that if they weren’t happy with the offer from the comic shop to let me know and I’d take them

followed up a week later when I didn’t hear back and they decided to keep the books

On 9/20/2021 at 10:34 AM, Robot Man said:

My finds from yesterday. And I paid full asking price on everything. Nuff said...

852613F6-CE42-48D7-A24F-52E434554449.jpeg

How big of you to pay full asking price - @cgcboards I think we have a contender for boardie of the year 

also, gas money to the guy's house

that stuff aint free aight?

listen OP don't get your panties in a twist but seriously if you snake a deal from IN THE STORE and pay the old timey collector the bottom range of what he foolishly asked for then you're gonna take a few good natured lumps

if this was years ago you'd be burned at the stake on the boards...or given a medal...could have gone either way

Edited by Dr. Love

On 9/20/2021 at 4:10 PM, Dr. Love said:

another version of the Comic Rorschach Test

the holding back of the $3, that was interesting

Celebratory mcdouble?

Edited by porcupine48

On 9/20/2021 at 7:23 PM, Robot Man said:

Howdy Jimmers. It's a big fat sucka. Other than that, I'd better keep my mouth shut so the torches don't come for me...

I'll dig up our PM friendo.

First I gotta go vote though so ciao for now amigo

Well Bob everyone knows the torches dont necessarily come out for Just Two Guys Talking and Free Country type of stuff.

But when it veers into Poaching and Taking Food Out Of My Childrens Mouths territory, then things do get toasty!