• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,898 posts in this topic

On 9/18/2023 at 9:45 AM, Robot Man said:

Some cool pickups this weekend. Pretty near impossible to find much in the way of decent vintage comics in the wild anymore but for those who dig hard enough and are a little more open minded, there is still some cool stuff out there.

IMG_7400.jpeg

Great stuff as always. That Amazing Stories is one of my all time favorite covers. Eventually sold mine as it was literally falling apart, but I still love that cover.

On 9/19/2023 at 6:00 AM, F For Fake said:

Great stuff as always. That Amazing Stories is one of my all time favorite covers. Eventually sold mine as it was literally falling apart, but I still love that cover.

Which one? I have a slight reference for the T Rex cover but the giant Spider is also classic. The guy had a small pile of Amazing with the one Weird Tales. Most were real rough but these were my favorites and a little better shape. :banana:

On 9/19/2023 at 9:48 AM, Robot Man said:

Which one? I have a slight reference for the T Rex cover but the giant Spider is also classic. The guy had a small pile of Amazing with the one Weird Tales. Most were real rough but these were my favorites and a little better shape. :banana:

The dino chomping on the guy! I have a warm spot in my heart for people being gobbled up!

On 9/15/2023 at 3:27 PM, AceHazard said:

Scored a massive stack of Valiant newsstand comics in the 50 cent bins of a comic shop. I just grabbed a single copy of each one they had except for Solar issue 60. I grabbed both copies they had. The newsstand versions seem to be pretty rare and command a good price on eBay. Kind of wish I grabbed them all to flip but really I’m just happy to have some copies for myself. The condition on them all is pretty great for being loose in the boxes when I found them. 

71616808597__F5FCBD60-918A-401E-8F0F-EEE576FD419C.HEIC.jpeg

Nice grab, if I was there I would have definitely grabbed them all for 50 cents.  Valiant prices have been in the toilet, I've scored some of the rarest Valiant/Acclaim books very cheaply lately!  Books that were normally impossible to find I have multiples of....

On 9/22/2023 at 2:19 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

$5 :takeit:

IMG_20230921_150604813.thumb.jpg.42432dc3a7e9eb9862c126a3716d3647.jpgIMG_20230921_150648197.thumb.jpg.d54bc197d9f8a7803da6bdc762e24010.jpg

I am confused...the rare version is the one that says "New Robin Issue" at the top and has the newsstand indicia. There is also this with the 00 which I don't think holds a ton of value, but thats the direct. This newsie there cannot be many of either....

On 9/24/2023 at 8:23 PM, comicginger1789 said:

I am confused...the rare version is the one that says "New Robin Issue" at the top and has the newsstand indicia. There is also this with the 00 which I don't think holds a ton of value, but thats the direct. This newsie there cannot be many of either....

Ya the new Robin issue at the top would mean 2nd print, which I think in Newsstand and for now is where the money is.

And yet all of those SAY 457 and don't have the indicia error...

All I hear reported about the indicia error is about direct.

This is the error with Newsstand which might command a premium but there is no pump and, ahem, mention of it online except for here.

So idk

On 9/24/2023 at 9:43 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya the new Robin issue at the top would mean 2nd print, which I think in Newsstand and for now is where the money is.

This is the error with Newsstand which might command a premium but there is no pump and, ahem, mention of it online except for here.

So idk

Either way, it is a cool find.

On 9/27/2023 at 2:05 PM, comicginger1789 said:

Either way, it is a cool find.

sincerely appreciated. It at the moment is a memento, proof, or reminder of hunting and finds :x

Not sure what I'll do with it or what'll become of it is all that other stuff haha :cheers: 

On 9/24/2023 at 8:43 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:
Spoiler

So idk

On 10/7/2023 at 4:10 PM, comicginger1789 said:

Not a bad haul from a small local convention. $70 all in US (about $100 Canadian)

The eerie mag is in great shape easily VF range, same with the Conan 21. From a guys personally collection off the stands, he had a bunch more Conan but I grabbed this and the Eerie, House of Mystery and Star Reach from him.

The Mighty Marvel Comic Convention has some rubbing but for $7 I couldn’t say no.

The X-Men 44 was just a great price from a seller for its condition (6.5-7.0). And lastly for $5 a little horror-esque Batman and a Twisted Tales I was missing rounded out the group 

IMG_8786.jpeg

Awesome 😎 I hear cons going around today, hope the weather was suitable! Wasn't paying attention to my reaction but is fixed now, nice assortment ☺️

On 10/7/2023 at 5:17 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Awesome 😎 I hear cons going around today, hope the weather was suitable! Wasn't paying attention to my reaction but is fixed now, nice assortment ☺️

Yeah it was probably the nicest venue and best assortment of stuff I’ve seen at our local con (city I live is 75000 people). It’s grown year after year buts it is challenging to get vendors especially for comics as we are 3.5 hours from next major city and 7-8 hours or more from cities like Toronto and Ottawa. Lots of cool stuff, toys and video games and art and other things. I wish I had more time, only was able to sneak in a half hour with my son before hockey and snuck out for a half hour by myself. Could have used another hour to really hunt and dig around 

I did reach out to a guy who was selling who has the complete Dracula lives run, plus a Gold Key Phantom 1 I was eying and a Vampirella 2. Hoping to strike a deal there in the coming days as he is local 

Edited by comicginger1789