• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,883 posts in this topic

On 1/5/2024 at 12:07 PM, Robot Man said:

One of my neighbors posted these for free on our neighborhood notice forum. In the picture they posted they looked like comics with closed boxes next to these. Turned out they were large mounted wall plaques. Sadly no actual comics. Had to grab them though. 

IMG_8032.jpeg

You should send this pic to your neighbor, hey my dog took a leak on Spiderman I'm regifting these back to you!

On 1/3/2024 at 3:15 PM, F For Fake said:

Every holiday season, I take vacation the week between Christmas and New Year's Day, and do a lot of stuff with family and friends. One tradition, going back many years, is my best bud Brian and I go out and hit up every toy shop in town. He's a confirmed G.I. Joe Junkie, and I like a little bit of everything. This year our outing happened to coincide with the big flea market at the fairgrounds, so we made a stop by there as well.

Didn't find much comic wise, though I was more than happy to pick up these Hellboy Seed of Destruction books for a measly $3 each.  I also grabbed another G.I. Joe Classified store display, which make great displays for home as well. Funny, I got the first one for free at a Walmart three years or more ago, and bought my second one for $25 at a Peddlers Mall, a couple of years later. Paid $50 for this one. I guess I'm getting easier, or supply is finally drying up.

Also talked a guy down on a big bin of plastic junk. Lots of MotU, Joe, TMNT, etc Mostly just bits and pieces and accessories, but there's plenty of money in there to make it worthwhile. Besides, digging through plastic junk is my favorite hobby.

The big score of the day was this box from the Marvel Comics Collecting Kit. I know we've discussed these a few times, they were available through either Sears of Penny's Wish Book catalogs when I was a kid. The kit came with a bundle of comics, a price guide, bags and boards, and one of these boxes. I FINALLY tracked down the orange/red one at a garage sale this summer, and this weekend, at long last, I grabbed the green one! You've rarely seen a man get his wallet out as quickly as I did that day! 

All in all it was a very fun outing. Hope you all had a groovy New Year!

IMG_7434.JPG

IMG_7430.JPG

IMG_7431.JPG

IMG_7432.JPG

IMG_7433.JPG

IMG_7426.JPG

IMG_7427.JPG

IMG_7428.JPG

IMG_7429.JPG

That orange box brings back a lot of memories. One of my first comic storage boxes. I think it was out of the JC Penney Catalog. 

I read most of that bundle of comics the following week on a roadtrip from New York to Florida. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 1/6/2024 at 11:22 AM, awakeintheashes said:

That orange box brings back a lot of memories. One of my first comic storage boxes. I think it was out of the JC Penney Catalog. 

I read most of that bundle of comics the following week on a roadtrip from New York to Florida. 

We were just watching old home videos at Christmas, and in one of the videos I opened this very collector kit - man I wish I still had it!

On 1/8/2024 at 11:00 AM, Jesse-Lee said:
On 1/6/2024 at 11:22 AM, awakeintheashes said:

We were just watching old home videos at Christmas, and in one of the videos I opened this very collector kit - man I wish I still had it!

:x That'd be awesome! My family was camera shy or never bought a video camera, except my grandad who was famous for never putting it down lol 

Sometimes I wish I could have had that experience. :shy: 

It still kind of feels like Holiday Aftershock around here :cheers: 

On 1/6/2024 at 12:22 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Absolutely, I definitely got it for Christmas, and was so excited. Lots of memories tied into those boxes.

On 1/8/2024 at 12:23 PM, Robot Man said:

An early Christmas for me and a couple of my adult kids. 

IMG_9427.jpeg

I got that Star Destroyer playset for Christmas the year it came out, too.  I actually just pulled it out of storage and put it back together about two months ago.  It's missing a couple parts, but it's mostly there.  Kind of a strange playset, but I enjoyed it.

I also love the old school Nerf soccer ball. (thumbsu

On 1/29/2024 at 12:02 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Just picked up a lot of comics some antique dealers/flippers/whatever were offloading because these aren't their specialty at ~$0.50 each. Still going through some stuff, but here are the highlights so far. 

IMG_7099.thumb.JPG.5ffdbbef0af55c7ed152ebf1747e5751.JPG

Very Nice!  (thumbsu

Edited by littledoom

On 1/29/2024 at 12:39 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

A 50 minute drive brought me to a nice little OO collection that could have easily been called the 'Date Stamp Collection'. Picked up about 70 books, the highlights of which are below.

20240129_152535_resized.jpg

20240129_152839_resized.jpg

20240129_153052_resized.jpg

AA32.jpg

AT7.jpg

AT8.jpg

C41.jpg

C43.jpg

C45.jpg

C50.jpg

C57.jpg

C58.jpg

C59.jpg

C100.jpg

IHA1.jpg

IM14.jpg

IM17.jpg

IM25.jpg

IM66.jpg

IM80.jpg

IM100.jpg

IM120.jpg

IM126.jpg

IM128.jpg

MTIO1.jpg

Clean high grade books! I'll have top share what I got this weekend soon!