• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,892 posts in this topic

There's a sort flea market 'drop off the you want to throw out and we'll at least try and sell and recycle it place' about 20 minutes from where I live.

Most of it is crappy dished and TVs that don't work anymore, but a few years back I stopped in a whim and found a complete copy of the original 1959 'Risk' boardgame for $5.

I love playing Risk, but I love it even more on the original board with the wooden pieces. Pure heaven.

It's like drinking Coke out an old glass bottle... infinitely better than from plastic or a can.

Shep

I found a nice used book shop a couple of miles down the road from me that I always assumed was just filled with hardcov er & trade paperback remainders & other junk. I'd driven past it a hundred times, but never got the urge to go into the place up until a about three or four weeks ago.

with my intention being to scope out the trades they had piled around to see if they had anything I'd be interested in. But, as I headed toward that corner of the store, my eyes were immediately drawn too a couple of large tables filled with long boxes filled with comics. All for a single dollar apiece.

Much of which turned out to be filler & junk to me of relatively recent vintage, with the oldest stuff being maybe 15 years old.

But, as I rifled through those boxes I came across quite a few issues of ASM issues in the #300 - #400s that I needed. As well as a few latter day ASM Annuals, a good run of MARVEL KNIGHTS SPIDER-MAN & SENSATIONAL SPIDER-MAN which has put me on the way toward having a complete set of that title pretty soon. Also some ASM one shots like "The short Halloween" & a couple of others. Plus some issues of THE FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD SPIDER-MAN, which I'm also committing to putting together a full run of.

There're still a whole stack of early-ish issues of ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN & a good amount of BATMANs in the #500 & #600s that I'd like to pick up too.

So, that shop I ignored for a long while actually turned out to be a very nice resource.

Especially to someone like me who basically started from scratch just a year ago, with only my complete run of Topps THE X-FILES comics from the mid to late '90s being all I had to start things off with after I'd sold of my 3500 book collection thirty years previous in 1980 when I was a ( quite ) stupid lad of 18. lol

Found some cool stuff, can post a pic later if wanted.

40 or so Batman cards from 1966, the blue ones.

Two Whitman three paks with StarWars 13, 14 & 15 in them.

Evil Ernie #1 auto with cert from Chaos

Evil Ernie Baddest Battles signed with cert

superman/batman #8 sketch cover

supes/bats #9

dawn 2004 conv. sketch book

dawn 2002 sketch book

dawn pinup goddes 1

chastity heartbreaker mega con foil edition # to 200

Dawn return of the goddes #4 signed, no cert?

five marvel super hero cards from 1966

Frank Thomas and Chipper jones rookies

8 Rockcards from 1979, caricatures of rock bands

and the piece de resistance

Sandy Koufax autograph on a 3 by 5 card

Not comic books, but did find some fun stuff this afternoon. Bunch of older computer games, a few Return of the Jedi puzzles, and a bizarre Alien the board game. That one still has me perplexed. Doom, Quake, Diablo, World of Warcraft and Starcraft battle chests, etc. Good stuff.

IMG_8120.jpg

Here's today's haul from the local flea/antique markets:

fathers-day-2011.jpg

My daughter and I made the rounds early this morning at our usual haunts as a Father's Day outing.

In terms of the comics, some of the Sgt. Fury's are actually okay (F/VF or so), and the Hulk #200 is VF+; the Josies are lower grade, but a nice bonus for my kid (she's an Archie fanatic, and has already read both of them). The Defenders 10 was the icing on the cake.

The SSP Smash-Up Derby set was cool, but cheap for a reason: only one of the cars still functioned and most of the "pop off" parts were missing (car hoods and doors, etc.). But the ramps, box, and 2 in-tact rip-cords made up for it, and the seller also tossed in the functioning "Mini T" hot rod which really rolls! We messed around with the cars before dinner...they don't run for mess on carpet, but are crazy fast on the basement floor!

The highlights for me are the two Archies LPs (yep...I love Motorhead, Thin Lizzy, the Dictators, Slade, et al., ... and bubblegum music!!!), the Bond LP (still sealed), and the vintage Ace guitar strap (attached to a POS classical guitar, which I left behind).

We also came home with a stack of old James Bond paperbacks (later printings, but still '60s vintage and shiny new); a pair of vintage Wards Airline stereo headphones (for $1...I can't resist old-school stereo gear); and a bunch of '60s and '70s Barbie stuff, which is currently spread all over my living room floor with every other pink Barbie thing my kid owns and plays with.

All in all, it was a fun day. I hope all the other dad's out there had a good Father's Day, too -- whether you bought a bunch of old junk or not!!! :grin: It all goes by too fast, and every moment counts!

-Mikey

Not comic books, but did find some fun stuff this afternoon. Bunch of older computer games, a few Return of the Jedi puzzles, and a bizarre Alien the board game. That one still has me perplexed. Doom, Quake, Diablo, World of Warcraft and Starcraft battle chests, etc. Good stuff.

IMG_8120.jpg

Alien doesn't seem to be a very popular game: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/6689/alien

:)

IMG_8120.jpg

Any chance to show the inside of the box and whatever comes in it... I love these kind of finds.

The original Wing Commander! (Not the WC III you're showing...) First game to make me go out and spend $200 on a Soundblaster sound board. :cloud9:

Any chance to show the inside of the box and whatever comes in it... I love these kind of finds.

The Alien game I assume?

aliengame.jpg

If it were some cool die cast aliens, then that'd be something. It really does look like an lousy game. Ages 7 and up! Right in the Alien demographic.

The SSP Smash-Up Derby set was cool, but cheap for a reason: only one of the cars still functioned and most of the "pop off" parts were missing (car hoods and doors, etc.). But the ramps, box, and 2 in-tact rip-cords made up for it, and the seller also tossed in the functioning "Mini T" hot rod which really rolls! We messed around with the cars before dinner...they don't run for mess on carpet, but are crazy fast on the basement floor!

We had (still have)? a variety of SSP vehicles (I seem to remember some 'rocket'-type cars), including that Smash-Up Derby set. The pop-off parts would go all over the place and the ramps worked well with Hot Wheels too! Definitely picked up speed on tile.

Thanks for sharing.

JoeTable.jpg

th_JoeDET4.jpg th_JoeDET3.jpg th_JoeDET2.jpg th_JoeDET1.jpg th_JoeDET.jpg

Craigslist ad. "Two Joes with box of parts." The Joes are from the 70's with no bald spots but no kung fu grip. Gonna be fun identifying those accessories. I never had any vintage Joes ever. Kneivel and the bike was included.

Edited by Jaded Savage

IMG_8120.jpg

Does anyone care? Probably not, but you get to hear anyway.

See that box next to the Alien game? Level Master 2. Just went on eBay for $200. Knew that one would be worth something, but had no idea.