• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,863 posts in this topic

Best garage sale find I ever found was a Led Zeppelin II record.

It was about 26 or 27 years ago.

It was the first time I ever thought "people like this? Really?"

Been stuck on it ever since.

These came from a garage sale. These were unopened books from the Double-Day mail order book club. Postage dated 1946-1947. Some boxes had two books, and two boxes were singles. The books are like new and have bone white pages. A nickel each box. I tried to negotiate a lower price but they didn't go for it.

DOUBLEDAYBOOKCLUB001.jpg

DOUBLEDAYBOOKCLUB002.jpg

DOUBLEDAYBOOKCLUB004.jpg

DOUBLEDAYBOOKCLUB005.jpg

Edited by DR.X

These came from a garage sale. These were unopened books from the Double-Day mail order book club. Postage dated 1946-1947. Some boxes had two books, and two boxes were singles. The books are like new and have bone white pages. A nickel each box. I tried to negotiate a lower price but they didn't go for it.

DOUBLEDAYBOOKCLUB001.jpg

DOUBLEDAYBOOKCLUB002.jpg

DOUBLEDAYBOOKCLUB004.jpg

DOUBLEDAYBOOKCLUB005.jpg

That's really cool. If you open the other boxes, please show us pictures of the other books.

I picked this up in Crete, Ill years ago at an estate sale. Its a ink sketch of The Ressurrection of Christ by Frank Wiehl. I think thats the name on it. It's dated 1887 I believe. My cheap camera doesn't do the detail on this print justice. I really need to take this to someone and get it removed from the rotting frame and get it cleaned. I wasn't sure if I should remove it as the frame looks to be original and is in bad shap. The print is in great condition.

RESURRECTIOINOFCHRIST001.jpg

RESURRECTIOINOFCHRIST004.jpg

RESURRECTIOINOFCHRIST003.jpg

RESURRECTIOINOFCHRIST002.jpg

Edited by DR.X

Back To comics: Picked all this up today for less than fifty bucks

Man To The Moon Project Apollo (A Teacher's manual for educational slides dated 1968)

Detective 492

Batman 497 x 2

Secret Wars 9

Ultimate Spider-Man 25

Silver Age Classics reprint Showcase 4

War of Kings Darkhawk 1

Absolute Vertigo (1st app Preacher)

Preacher 1

Savage She-Hulk 1

The Mighty Thor 338 (x2)

DC and Marvel Present Batman vs. The Incredible Hulk

The Maxx 1

Ultimate Spider-Man 4

Bone 15

Bone 16

Bone 17

Crisis On Infinite Earths 7

All in VF or higher condition.

Figured I would bump this with my latest find today. I typically only like old Atari items but I found this today at the local Goodwill and yes its never been used. I need to figure out a true value so I can sell it before the PhoenixComicCon for some extra spending cash. I will also be showing some other nice finds as of late.

pics089.jpg

pics090.jpg

DOUBLEDAYBOOKCLUB001.jpg

DOUBLEDAYBOOKCLUB002.jpg

DOUBLEDAYBOOKCLUB004.jpg

DOUBLEDAYBOOKCLUB005.jpg

That's really cool. If you open the other boxes, please show us pictures of the other books.

Unfortunately, despite being 70 years old and having bone white pages and gorgeous glossy dust covers, those "book club" books are a tough sell (I know, I've tried---I used to sell a lot of regular old books on ebay). selling the actual 1st editions of what is obscure today popular fiction of 1942 has its own challenges, but the book club stuff can be really tough with some exceptions. good luck. but they do look pretty and maybe (if you're interested in selling), the artistic covers may appeal to some collectors too.

Yard/Estate Sales in the last month

Highlights

Bosch Universal Mixer (Retailed about $500 in '84) I paid $25, sold it for $375

Pioneer PL-530 Direct Drive TT. $20. Sold for $310

Risk game 1968 unopened/sealed $5 - sold for $76

Have some 5-6 NES games paid 25 cents each for. Contra is one of them :devil:

Lowlights

Bought what was supposed to be a jade horse. Was soapstone :(

The Playboys I listed no one wants :cry:

Selling on eBay?

Most of it. I have a FS thread in the MIxed Age MIsc. Section for the Playboys. 370 plus views, not even any PM offers. My sales threads usually do a lot better hm

Edited by djpinkpanther67

I would not have known that an old mixer would be worth so much. Was it unused?

No it was used, but little or no signs of wear. The Bosch Universal Mixers were big in the early 80's. They were primarily sought after because they were excellent for making bread dough. I was surprised the OO sold it to me so cheap. She said she put it on layaway when she was in college, for nearly a year. Used it maybe 30-40 times, then boxed it up when she got married and never used it again. She sold it and a 6 blade accessory kit that retailed for around $120 back then. It sold for $59. I bought both for $25

Here are some comics and a statue I found also at Goodwill. I don't collect Deadpool so I picked those up for trade bait. almost the entire run from 1-32 with the bonus baby wade.

The statue is another thing I don't collect but it came with the box not shown. It was too cool not to pick up for $4.99. I find all sorts Trades usually for .99-2.99 to read and antiques which are far too many to list.

So when people say Goodwill doesn't sell comics guess again they do pop up.

pics2058.jpg

pics2060.jpg

I recently signed up for a website that lets me know when there are estate sales going on in my area and I always look through the pictures to see if there is anything I want. Well about two weeks ago I happened to see the corner of what looked like a Classic Illustrated. This was the first time I had seen a comic in any estate sales in my area for some reason so I thought sure I'll go. So I track them down in the basement and it is literally a stack of Classic Illustrated comics that are in various states going all the way back to # 3. The # 3 is a reprint because it was a 15 cent issue but I picked it up anyway and I picked up about three more, the best looking ones in the stack. Nothing better than Good condition with brown pages but at $1 a book I couldn't pass having them. Plus I think the #73 was only printed once and was the nicest of them all and might even be worth slabbing just for preservation. :)