• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,892 posts in this topic

The name of this thread should be "How I got over on people who apparently don't have eBay or Google."

I KID.

'Tis the whole spirit of what this hobby is... And I do NOT kid. We all do it. ;)

This. I get my thrills finding dirty cheap buys. Even if I already have it, I can always trade it or sell it to add more to my collection.

Oh boy.....now my body is tingling for some local scavenging.....I think I shall go to the flea market today.

I shall post a report later if I find something!!

Nice spawn finds. That cover never gets old.

The name of this thread should be "How I got over on people who apparently don't have eBay or Google."

I KID.

'Tis the whole spirit of what this hobby is... And I do NOT kid. We all do it. ;)

This. I get my thrills finding dirty cheap buys. Even if I already have it, I can always trade it or sell it to add more to my collection.

Oh boy.....now my body is tingling for some local scavenging.....I think I shall go to the flea market today.

Oh-- totally agree. You guys inspired me to go long box diving at a few garage sales. Treasure Awaits!

I KID.

Oh-- totally agree. You guys inspired me to go long box diving at a few garage sales. Treasure Awaits!

Right on cue, I went to a local Vintage Stock store yesterday to buy some comic backing boards. As usual, I quickly fanned through some comics in their top bins. I was both shocked and pleasantly surprised to find this:

ManhattanProjects1VF-NM_zps771ea156.jpg

It's definitely not a NM/NM+ copy but still a nice find. With my 10% subscriber discount I paid a whopping $3.14 for it. :banana:

I KID.

Not a lot of non-comic folks believe modern comics are worth anything, so they don't bother researching. And especially with comics that suddenly get hot, like spawn 9, they will not make a point of staying current. I found an Invincible #1 in a pawn shop/antique store last year; who knows how long it had been sitting there...

I just randomly walked into a local dollar store yesterday and found these for $1.99 a piece. They range from about 9.4 to 9.8 in condition. Needless to say, I feel that it was a good day!

20130804_070923_zpsd3d2ecc8.jpg

By "local dollar store" do you mean like Dollar General or one of the other dollar chain stores? If so, I didn't know they even sold comics.

It was one of the chains, "SaverZone" or something like that. It had a hand written sign in the window saying we are now the Super Dollar Store or something similar.

I didn't know they sold comics either. It was a total surprise when I found them. All the comics were from the 90s. There were probably several hundred comics, but 98% were junk (25 cent bin material).

If anyone is interested it is in Enfield, CT, next to Best Buy. There are still tons of books there. I left a copy of Spawn 9 (maybe 7.0), Infinity Gauntlet 1 (poor condition), Spawn 1 (poor condition), Spawn 8 (3 copies in maybe 9.0 condition at best), Spawn 10 (2 copies, unk condition), a bunch of Valiants (some pre-unity, but very few), and about 100 copies of mid-90s Ghost Riders, maybe 25 X-Force books, a bunch of ASMs (just guessing, but maybe in the issue 350+ range?) etc.

The 6 books I got were definitely the good ones.

Edited by Kaptain Kollektor

This thread motivated me to go out again this weekend.

I was able to snag 2 hasbro star wars clone trooper helmets for $20.

I was shocked at how well this was made. I think I will try my hand at some bondo work and a custom paint job.

IMG_0816_zps6bcf7c62.jpg

I was shocked at how well this was made. I think I will try my hand at some bondo work and a custom paint job.

IMG_0816_zps6bcf7c62.jpg

I can't let this photo pass without inquiring about the superhero frog thing on the left - what is that?

IMG_0816_zps6bcf7c62.jpg

I can't let this photo pass without inquiring about the superhero frog thing on the left - what is that?

It's obviously Frogman. :makepoint:

Good day at an estate tag sale this morning. Unfortunately a lot of items that were pictured on the website like loose NES Rob, 12" Joes, a Spidey and Batman Mego, Big JIm Road Ripper in box, Evel Knievel stunt cycle in box, etc were mysteriously gone (I was there half an hour before they let anyone in). I did however find a nice assortment of NES games though including sealed Double Dribble and the opened Final Fantasy in the box. Early issues of Nintendo Power, including 1-9, and all the classic games you'd expect to find in a NES lot i.e. Contra, Super Mario 2 & 3, Mike Tyson, Zelda 1 & 2, etc make this a hell of a lot. As an Uncle Scrooge collector, I may have gotten most excited about the Duck Tales magazines though, which I NEVER see!

100_5577.jpg

100_5579.jpg

100_5578.jpg

I gave up on estate sales real quick after a lot of those "mysterious" disappearing acts. Everytime I would show up an hour before opening, would be first or second in line and hey guess what its not there anymore!

I am interested in the boxed Final Fantasy 1 if it's complete and in nice shape, and if you want to sell or trade it.

I remember playing that game when it came out. It had me totally baffled at first. It was the first RPG game I had ever played. You needed to do things in the game that I had never done in any other game. I hated it the first day, and then I learned how to play it and thought it was the best game I had ever played up to that point. Even better than Zelda. :cloud9:

I am interested in the boxed Final Fantasy 1 if it's complete and in nice shape, and if you want to sell or trade it.

I remember playing that game when it came out. It had me totally baffled at first. It was the first RPG game I had ever played. You needed to do things in the game that I had never done in any other game. I hated it the first day, and then I learned how to play it and thought it was the best game I had ever played up to that point. Even better than Zelda. :cloud9:

Zelda will always be my favorite, but FF 1 was a real classic. :cloud9:

FF 1s save feature was a beeyatch though, which is why I liked playing it on an emulator better.

Yeah, if you're up for sale/trade, then PM me too. The Final Fantasy boxed (ditto) and Super Mario 3 boxed along with those Nintendo Powers interest me.

Great haul.

I just randomly walked into a local dollar store yesterday and found these for $1.99 a piece. They range from about 9.4 to 9.8 in condition. Needless to say, I feel that it was a good day!

20130804_070923_zpsd3d2ecc8.jpg

I went back to this dollar store and found a few more books. (Oh, and the two ASM 361s are currently at CGC being graded).

I took pictures of the store. It was like going back in time to a comic shop in 1992.

I was considering all the Valiants, but I'm not too familiar with Valiants or if any of them are valuable.

Anyone see any books there that are worth buying? (I picked up most of the Spider-Man books).

Thanks.

20130807_143452_zps5d87d466.jpg

20130807_143454_zpsf08e8b73.jpg

20130807_143456_zps2f826928.jpg

Edited by Kaptain Kollektor

That picture is like trying to find waldo...and these are all $1.99?

But I do see a Magnus 12 (first appearance of turok), grab that for sure. Any pre-unity and late issues are definitely worth picking up. I think I see Magnus 2? If that's the case, grab it, I would wager the coupon is inside.

Also, newsstand issues/price variants, grab those as well. If you do go back, and don't mind writing down each Valiant book, I'll tell you whether it's worth it to buy.

It is kinda funny seeing all those 90s books just tossed on the rack, lol.