• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,892 posts in this topic

Great pick-ups, guys! I can't find ANY Walking Dead "in the wild" around here.

I did get in a personal collection this weekend, but it wasn't local. A very good friend of mine helped broker the deal. :) About 800 books total...with the highlights being Daredevil #2-up, most ASM keys from the Bronze & Copper Age (no #129), and a nice chunk of Avengers (#28 and #57 were present).

I'll post up some pics when I get a chance. :)

Thanks but I like avengers and spiderman better than walking dead but I'm not going to say no to cover price :grin:

A friend of mine from work texted me this afternoon about a local estate sale he was at and thought I might be interested in a couple things as he knows I collect comics. It was a long day with birthday parties and such so I wasn't going to go because he said the sale started Friday and it was around 4 pm Saturday so I figured any good stuff was gone. He then sent a picture and I was out the door and got to the sale 15 minutes later and purchased this for $40 :cloud9:

Needs a clean since it's barn fresh and a couple rack wires need to be re soldered but still very happy to find this since I have been looking for several years. Always helps to have extra people looking for you (thumbs u

IMG_1794.jpg

IMG_1796.jpg

A friend of mine from work texted me this afternoon about a local estate sale he was at and thought I might be interested in a couple things as he knows I collect comics. It was a long day with birthday parties and such so I wasn't going to go because he said the sale started Friday and it was around 4 pm Saturday so I figured any good stuff was gone. He then sent a picture and I was out the door and got to the sale 15 minutes later and purchased this for $40 :cloud9:

Needs a clean since it's barn fresh and a couple rack wires need to be re soldered but still very happy to find this since I have been looking for several years. Always helps to have extra people looking for you (thumbs u

IMG_1794.jpg

IMG_1796.jpg

So pleased for you...so very jealous as well!NICE

IMG_1794.jpg

IMG_1796.jpg

Nice Score! And an amazing price too. They are still out there!

A family friend was cleaning out her mothers house and she came across a small box of comics. She was going to toss them or just put them out when they eventually had a garage sale with the other things from the house. Well my mother found out about the comics and luckily had her put them aside so I could check them out to see if there was any value.

They were about 25 books in very rough shape. Started looking through and about half were romance then some super-hero books and then the one last book below .... Pretty cool book to find even if lower grade

4c4855392e16601059b7d8f71a89e1d1_zps3rlthqbc.jpg

aaa1fdbe554af85992b7f2b0f387f24f_zpstpuh75ie.jpg

04f3c6b00b749cccf35b03c4b3eaf895_zpscjqyr1iv.jpg

IMG_1794.jpg

IMG_1796.jpg

Question on these - some obvious rust spots up top - I would assume cleaning and repair work (resoldering loose wires, black paint) - Or restoration work is not frowned upon? - If I ever find one I doubt that I would resell it - but I would not want to ruin it by restoring ......

IMG_1794.jpg

IMG_1796.jpg

Question on these - some obvious rust spots up top - I would assume cleaning and repair work (resoldering loose wires, black paint) - Or restoration work is not frowned upon? - If I ever find one I doubt that I would resell it - but I would not want to ruin it by restoring ......

Leave it alone. It is a survivor!

IMG_1794.jpg

IMG_1796.jpg

Leave it alone. It is a survivor!

I plan on giving it a good bath because this was found in the back of a barn/storage area and had been there for many years according to person who sold it to me, it has plenty of cob webs and mouse droppings as proof.

I do not plan to repaint it at all as the paint really isn't in that bad of shape. I like the rust spots and all the dents as it gives it character and shows the history and age .

I do however need to re-solder the lose rack wires (there is only 3 that need this done) because I have a 3 year old in the house and don't want any lose wires with him running around. Other than that I plan on leaving it in as found condition! And like someone mentioned, I plan on keeping this and will never want to sell this, so a couple new solder fixes isn't going to matter all that much.