• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,856 posts in this topic

very bold to post here without cleaning out the place first. Other people know what area you are operating in...and they know people who know people, who have cars...and like money.

very bold to post here without cleaning out the place first. Other people know what area you are operating in...and they know people who know people, who have cars...and like money.

haha well I cleaned it out of all the good comics I could think of

Stopped by a yard sale today, bought around 160 comics, and here are some of the highlights. Almost everything NM.

I have more pictures I will post later.

100_3212_zps6fwvp19g.jpg

100_3213_zpsbs9hbrmk.jpg

100_3214_zpsyc2gayxh.jpg

100_3215_zpsfu7nt7ja.jpg

100_3216_zpsv2rihg8g.jpg

100_3217_zpsajv4wkor.jpg

100_3218_zps1jbt0vpu.jpg

There were a few thousand comics and they we 3 for $1.00.

Somebody'll be coming home from college Memorial Day and going "Mom!! :facepalm: 3 for $1.00! What were you thinking?!?" lol

That's a fine batch of books. (thumbs u

Stopped by a yard sale today, bought around 160 comics, and here are some of the highlights. Almost everything NM.

I have more pictures I will post later.

100_3212_zps6fwvp19g.jpg

100_3213_zpsbs9hbrmk.jpg

100_3214_zpsyc2gayxh.jpg

100_3215_zpsfu7nt7ja.jpg

100_3216_zpsv2rihg8g.jpg

100_3217_zpsajv4wkor.jpg

100_3218_zps1jbt0vpu.jpg

you did awesome :)

There were a few thousand comics and they we 3 for $1.00.

Somebody'll be coming home from college Memorial Day and going "Mom!! :facepalm: 3 for $1.00! What were you thinking?!?" lol

That's a fine batch of books. (thumbs u

:signfunny: nice haul (thumbs u

There was a huge blocks-wide yard sale near my place. They do that every year to support by community funding for the local studium building to keep operating in service. I went by bike to check out. I only find some cheap comics for $1.00 ea - nothing spectacular to say... one is a Rai #2 (early Valiant), one is a Red Circle comics issue.

However, I did found a great bargain - a wall file folder cabinet for $2.00. You know the type where most offices put folders in there for "in" and "out"? That is the one I got, enough about 100 comics to be filed in all folders. That makes a great setup to sell comics. it's 5 ft tall - looks almost brand new. :D

I agree with keeping stealth about a find like this on many levels. First off, there is a certain bragging factor. Second, at cover price the transaction comes off as almost unethical. Third, if you decide to sell here people will know what you paid and it will work against you. I know you enough from the Boards that you are not bragging and you are ethical, however, some don't. There is just no upside to disclosing your find. IMO, best to keep it quiet.

Never had any big scores like these but back when i worked in Manahttan I used to find some on the street. I purchased a ASM 101 first Morbius for like a $2 from some street guy. Another street guy had a copy of Amazing Spiderman # 28 1st ,molten Man for $3 The ASM 101 was in good shape and still have it to this day. The #28 was beat up and I sold it a while back. I have gotten more books off the streets back then but then the comic buying rush of the mid 90's and everyone knew comics were worth something and those guys disappeared.

Back then there were comic shops all over NYC.

Love the six million dollar man stuff.would have been all over that .favorite show as a kid and one of my favorite toys.went every where with my Steve Austin and Ace Freshly action figures.would love to grab them again but too expensive nowadays.

Love the six million dollar man stuff.would have been all over that .favorite show as a kid and one of my favorite toys.went every where with my Steve Austin and Ace Freshly action figures.would love to grab them again but too expensive nowadays.

I know about the expense. I am a patient shopper and usually will find these sooner or later. I got these for $7.00 for the both. At a small show I found a great conditioned and complete bionic woman for $5.00. I got two bionic men from a friend toy dealer for around $20 each. I found a naked Oscar Goldman for $5.00. I need to be patient for the clothes at they are expensive on eBay.

Never had any big scores like these but back when i worked in Manahttan I used to find some on the street. I purchased a ASM 101 first Morbius for like a $2 from some street guy. Another street guy had a copy of Amazing Spiderman # 28 1st ,molten Man for $3 The ASM 101 was in good shape and still have it to this day. The #28 was beat up and I sold it a while back. I have gotten more books off the streets back then but then the comic buying rush of the mid 90's and everyone knew comics were worth something and those guys disappeared.

Back then there were comic shops all over NYC.

nice I think I need to start going to garage sales :)

Purchased a small Craigslist collection of about 350 books yesterday. Really nice guy, seemed to love chatting about the books. Big clumps of Avengers, Defenders and Hulk. Nothing Earth-shattering in there, but some nice finds scattered amongst the commons...

16884574834_3281da40c8_o.jpg

Edited by Chip Cataldo