• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,895 posts in this topic

I would play Golden Tee money games with anyone on the boards...

I'll take that bet, scrub. Bring it. :)

Oh, Chip, he's hustling you. Really. You'll lose.

Somebody knows what I did in my third career after I sold Moondog's...

Man, you shouldn't have fessed up, Gary. Hustle him. ;)

I have no clue what you guys are talking about. (shrug)

Was Gary a professional Golden Tee player?

WTF is Golden Tee anyways?

greggy needs to know.

golden tee = golf arcade game - played with a trackball.

very addicting - there is a networked version of the game that people can play for money now (online tournaments) - and there were ( probably still are) - local tournaments held in bars

Gary - (post his comic shop days) - worked as marketing director for the company that designed the game.

I do not know him personally - but looking over some of the news releases, I would say that Moondog knows the game pretty well - and was more than a little responsible for the popularity of the game and the contests that resulted from it.

Nicely done. You sound like you've rolled a few games over the years...

I learned the game from 3-time national champ Steven Sobe and 3-time world champ, Graig Kinzler. There were (and still are) some very, very good Canadian players.

I worked at Durty Nellies in Palatine for many years (the ORIGINAL) . After closing -we always had some free time to play while waiting on the manager to count the registers. Always a fun way to burn time - and lots of side betting. Though - most of the ones who were betting on it - probably should not have.....

Surprised we did not have a lot of broken/sprained fingers - most would set the backswing - then really SLAM the trackball (like WAY out of control) ---

:cloud9:

memories.....

At one point in the early 2000s we were getting 2 lawsuits/complaints a week from drunk insufficiently_thoughtful_persons who broke their fingers/hands playing GT. We used to just pay them if they were for less than $1,000. It's not so bad now that we got rid of the traditional cabinet/monitor and only sell the pedestal that connects to a large screen TV.

BTW, I played most of my Golden Tee at Splinters in Palatine.

A9AF5D6E-F588-41AA-88E3-A85FC0924124_zpskdgbmxoe.jpg

Picked this up today after an auction ran in the local Facebook group. The duct tape will need to be removed. I've been wanting one of these for a while so I'm pretty psyched!

sold two of those to boardies for $50 each about 9-10 years ago. local pick-up only though. should have held out for more!

Picked this up today after an auction ran in the local Facebook group. The duct tape will need to be removed. I've been wanting one of these for a while so I'm pretty psyched!

sold two of those to boardies for $50 each about 9-10 years ago. local pick-up only though. should have held out for more!

Way more!

How much more?

I think the average one that's still all put together and works should go for between $150-$350 depending on condition and age probably location to some extent.

$50 is low low low unless its beat to hell.

How much more?

3-5X as much. It's a rare occasion to find one for under $150. I grabbed mine for $50 because I got super lucky and the guy didn't know what he had (and had posted it on OfferUp like 30 minutes before I contacted him) but every other one I had seen in the 6 months prior that I was looking was at least $150 and some upwards of $300.

Mine was all intact & in good shape (except for a little bit of dirt & rust on the base, which was fixed with a half hour of sanding & a few coats of primer & matte black spray paint)

Edited by Doktor

This is cool, but I believe is much later by date. I wanted one more earlier to match what I used to pick off comics back then.

My day will come when I finally get one :wishluck:

:whistle:

(thanks again for the deal!)

I was trying not to be greedy. My old shop gave them to me when he closed, so they were free, I had nowhere to put them as there were 3 of us squeezed into a 1 bedroom apartment, and my mother was getting fed up tripping over them in her garage where I was storing them.

Only until you actually put Classics Illustrated in it! Then it looks sad and you cannot give it away!

I'm surprise how much the rack for newly produced classics sold for?? It's not like its and original classics display.

I offered a guy at a flea market $150 for a nice looking one and he turned it down. I don't think he had a price in mind but I couldn't see going much more.

I offered a guy at a flea market $150 for a nice looking one and he turned it down. I don't think he had a price in mind but I couldn't see going much more.

One has been on craigslist here in central NJ for a while now. He wants $295 so I never even looked at the larger photos.

I have been off the boards for a couple months working on new things . Figured I would show my local Craigslist find. Its been taking up a lot of my time.

20160510_183359_zpsyu2o0x2c.jpg