• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,883 posts in this topic

I can't wait until I move down there. :banana:

You don't want to move here. Its currently in the 70's and it is suppose to be in the upper 80's this weekend :eek:

I grew up in AZ. I lived in Avondale, Good Year, Agila, Gila Bend, and Luke Air Force base from 1972-1979. I love the weather there and can't wait to get back. I lived in 112 weather.

Edited by boostergold

Picked-up these Canadian's locally (less than 10 minutes from where I live) answering an ad:

Canadian_Heroes_zps1504059a.jpg

Very cool! Never seen anything like them before! Are they valuable? I find nothing listed in the OCBPG.

Congrats on the find!smiley-gen130.gif

Picked-up these Canadian's locally (less than 10 minutes from where I live) answering an ad:

Canadian_Heroes_zps1504059a.jpg

Very cool! Never seen anything like them before! Are they valuable? I find nothing listed in the OCBPG.

Congrats on the find!smiley-gen130.gif

Thanks! I have a rough idea of their value, but they're so scarce (rare might be a better word) and hardly ever come up for sale which makes it difficult to tease out FMV. A lot of times, how the value is determined on these really comes down to how badly a collector needs one to finish off their run. Subliminal (Jim) or eccomic (Stephen) are the resident experts on Canadian whites so I would defer to them on the subject of rarity and value.

Does CraigsList count in this topic?

If so, just got home with a carload of comics for . I went in expecting 4 stacks -- about 200 comics as per the pictures -- but the owner kept throwing in more comics until he didn't have any left.

I haven't had time to go through 1/4 of it, but from the small picture on the CL ad, my hunch on a stack of Batman Adventures paid off. Essentially the whole run, including #12. $$

While packing it up, I also saw a Batman Knightfall and Knightquest run, Shadow of the Bat, Hush, some Legend of the Dark Knight, basically anything 90s to present. He was packing up the Marvels, so that should be a treat.

Not too shabby, but I'm supposed to be down-sizing, not loading up. Expect a giant sale soon, though I'm not looking forward to bagging everything.

If so, just got home with a carload of comics for . I went in expecting 4 stacks -- about 200 comics as per the pictures -- but the owner kept throwing in more comics until he didn't have any left.

I haven't had time to go through 1/4 of it, but from the small picture on the CL ad, my hunch on a stack of Batman Adventures paid off. Essentially the whole run, including #12. $$

While packing it up, I also saw a Batman Knightfall and Knightquest run, Shadow of the Bat, Hush, some Legend of the Dark Knight, basically anything 90s to present. He was packing up the Marvels, so that should be a treat.

Not too shabby, but I'm supposed to be down-sizing, not loading up. Expect a giant sale soon, though I'm not looking forward to bagging everything.

Nice!!

Have to love craigslist.

Nice!!

Have to love craigslist.

This time, yes, I do love CL! Totally hit or miss.Like others have said, don't expect the comics to come to you; have to do some legwork (sometimes a little, sometimes a lot).

With this pick-up, I may seriously consider getting a small booth at Mighty Con to move it. hm

:baiting:

Edited by manetteska

Made it through the whole bag; I have a few questions for those more up to speed on Batman than me.

Any interesting issues in the following runs:

Legends of the Dark Knight 1 - 70

Shadow of the Bat 1 - 40

Batman 400 - 600

Detective 600 - 700

And one last one: Anything of note from Impact! comics?

Made it through the whole bag; I have a few questions for those more up to speed on Batman than me.

Shadow of the Bat 1 - 40

Batman 400 - 600

Detective 600 - 700

Good haul. :applause:

Shadow of the Bat 1 - 40

Batman 400 - 600

Detective 600 - 700

Good haul. :applause:

Tell that to my girlfriend. ;)

Need to find an easy way to get these out, now. Also, a lot of Superboy the Comic? And Catwoman. And the usual surplus of 90's Image.

Awesome!!!

M.U.S.C.L.E.!!!! :banana:

Found a bag of 67 of these with little duplication and in excellent condition for just $3 at Goodwill. No Satan Cross unfortunately. This really brought back some memories. :cloud9:

Sorry for the crummy picture.

DSCN1383_zpsab0235ac.jpg

Friggin' awesome. I love these guys.

Will definitely be something I buy in the future.

I had a ton as a kid.

Pat

I still have all my original M.U.S.C.L.E. in a huge bag. I don't have any of the super rares or anything, and have never seen any at a Goodwill or GS. Some of the rares go for some serious coin.