• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

Picked up a few spidey books at the local thrift shop.. Nothing too grand in terms of value, but when I got home and took these out of their bags I found this inside 2 of them. This put a big smile on my face:

IMG_1437.jpg

What a promotion! I actually have a copy of the wedding annual that was given out at that game, along with a plastic bag with Spidey on it and commemorating the event.

Jim Shooter has an interesting blog post at http://www.jimshooter.com/2011/09/three-comic-book-weddings-or-holy.html

I am trying to remember who dressed up as Spidey...I feel like it was a well known artist.

Nice book!

I picked up a small Bronze age amalgamation of comics (not a collection) via Craigslist ad last week. The highlight - Gold Key Scooby Doo 1 (in about VG/VG+)!

:acclaim:

sweet, although i'll have to claim some ignorance on dell comics. i love shopping craigslist though. you have to be willing to gamble though, cause a lot of the times your took hours out of your day to go look at 6 long boxes of of malibu comics. lol.

Picked up a few spidey books at the local thrift shop.. Nothing too grand in terms of value, but when I got home and took these out of their bags I found this inside 2 of them. This put a big smile on my face:

IMG_1437.jpg

What a promotion! I actually have a copy of the wedding annual that was given out at that game, along with a plastic bag with Spidey on it and commemorating the event.

Jim Shooter has an interesting blog post at http://www.jimshooter.com/2011/09/three-comic-book-weddings-or-holy.html

I am trying to remember who dressed up as Spidey...I feel like it was a well known artist.

Here's the comic and the bag it came in:

th_File4928.jpg

th_File4929.jpgth_File4930.jpg

Going through a box of books I picked up at an auction, I realized

the WONDER WOMAN #207 had two covers...how unusual is that?

Not one of my GA collection have two covers.

12995497523_2346514bef.jpg

mm

mm

I had a Wonder Woman #205 with a double cover but had it graded and sold it a few years ago. Nice find. (thumbs u

mm

I had a Wonder Woman #205 with a double cover but had it graded and sold it a few years ago. Nice find. (thumbs u

Yes, always fun to find a double cover in the wild.

I got this real cheap. About $0.90. About 10 inch high. Says 2003 Hasbro. Any idea what this is?

horse-hasbro-2003_zps16f431a4.jpg

These were part of local fast food Jollibee's Justice League 2003 set. All missing the lasso. Plus 7 of the 8 had rusty screws on the back of the head. But for less than $2 for the lot, who am I to complain?

jleague-03-ww-lot_zps75716625.jpg

I got this real cheap. About $0.90. About 10 inch high. Says 2003 Hasbro. Any idea what this is?

That was from a board game called Buckaroo...looks like it is missing some pieces.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001LFGJ1W/ref=s9_simh_gw_p21_d0_i3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0Z5ZMNMP2ZGX6ZAKJXWN&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200382&pf_rd_i=507846

mm

Did they note the double cover on the label?

mm

mm

Did they note the double cover on the label?

mm

Yes....CGC does note that the comic has a double cover on the label. If you decide to send it in for grading, CGC normally gives the overall grade of the book to the better cover (usually the inside cover because it's protected). If the inside cover is in great shape (the outside cover doesn't appear to be) then it might be worthwhile to have it graded. You have to decide what you want to do of course.

CGC normally gives the overall grade of the book to the better cover (usually the inside cover because it's protected). If the inside cover is in great shape (the outside cover doesn't appear to be) then it might be worthwhile to have it graded. You have to decide what you want to do of course.

While this is true in most cases (and yes, I did see your qualifier "normally" ;) ,) if the book has an interior defect that brings the grade down, the covers don't matter.

Just repeating some info not everyone knows.

:)

-slym

That was from a board game called Buckaroo...looks like it is missing some pieces.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001LFGJ1W/ref=s9_simh_gw_p21_d0_i3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0Z5ZMNMP2ZGX6ZAKJXWN&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200382&pf_rd_i=507846

Thanks for the info! The real reason it caught my eye was that I thought it was Bullseye of Toy Story! Based on the Amazon page, there is a Bullseye version of it!

I bought these from a swimming pool store. The owner is a big comic guy and buys stock from stores that close. I heard that it's a warehouse with about 200 long boxes and books are priced $1.00, 50 cents or a quarter with Saturdays being "sale" day...books are 25 cents or below....

Here's what I got for $28 today....all are 9.0 or better condition.

image_zps11b2d504.jpg

I bought these from a swimming pool store. The owner is a big comic guy and buys stock from stores that close. I heard that it's a warehouse with about 200 long boxes and books are priced $1.00, 50 cents or a quarter with Saturdays being "sale" day...books are 25 cents or below....

Here's what I got for $28 today....all are 9.0 or better condition.

image_zps11b2d504.jpg

Niiiiice haul...how many of the 200 boxes did you search?

CRAIGSLIST FIND!

Guy had 25 long boxes that his wife wanted him to sell.

I went through them and pulled out 4 and a half long boxes of just spider-man and x-men (1200 comics) from the copper and modern age.

Also got the below favorites.

All for $425 :)

The Vengeance of Bane looks like a 9.8.

21D4A8EE-41BF-43C7-A950-65E08E44AC3E_zpsccpizpwl.jpg

84D88783-5E59-43C4-BF64-AF7211200D7B_zpspfkrbonk.jpg

The X-Factor isn't in great condition.

The Wolverine 1 is really nice. 9.0+

FBBFE372-B777-4CB7-81CB-6D055562B73E_zpssmzdhpky.jpg

I'll have to confirm this but I was just at my friend wedding. Met his brother, big Cap fan. He said he got Captain America 2 for $5 from an old lady next door.

If that's actually Captain America Comics #2 then this friend's brother is a thief.

I'll have to confirm this but I was just at my friend wedding. Met his brother, big Cap fan. He said he got Captain America 2 for $5 from an old lady next door.

If that's actually Captain America Comics #2 then this friend's brother is a thief.

I'm usually not one for piling on but that is just despicable...especially if she's on a fixed income.

I'm usually not one for piling on but that is just despicable...especially if she's on a fixed income.

I have known dealers to do this without a second thought. Sad and despicable, but unfortunately part of human nature.