• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

Some of my recent pickups for my collectibles booth.

1988 Pillsbury Dough Boy Phone $4 (check ebay :) )

Big tote of vintage Toys $20 (Teddy Ruxpin, Talking Mickey Mouse plus others)

Huge lot of old fisher price animals/barns $25

Huge 200 figure GI Joe Lot (on the boards here)

Magazine spinner rack :)

So I was checking Craigslist this morning and I noticed a post that said they were clearing out old magazines and books from a deceased relative's house. I dropped by and stumbled across ten long boxes. I asked how much for all and the guy says "How about fifty bucks?" I insisted on giving him $100. So I load them in the car and at the end if the day I find this:

image_zps0def3fff.jpg

So I think I did alright?

April Fools

So I was checking Craigslist this morning and I noticed a post that said they were clearing out old magazines and books from a deceased relative's house. I dropped by and stumbled across ten long boxes. I asked how much for all and the guy says "How about fifty bucks?" I insisted on giving him $100. So I load them in the car and at the end if the day I find this:

image_zps0def3fff.jpg

April Fools

You paid the guy only $20? (shrug)

image_zps0def3fff.jpg

April Fools

Darn it! You guys got me twice yesterday! lol.

image_zps0def3fff.jpg

April Fools

You paid the guy only $20? (shrug)

If I had really found the first appearance of Sub-Mariner from 1939...it'd have its own thread.

these are posters on poster boards

8CE98FD2-5824-42DB-81B5-5370506DF15C_zpskvtfqxi5.jpgAEBA54CD-4C47-49E2-B0B1-F7492D7987A0_zps5hotryq1.jpg

Those are really cool. Did the seller say why they had them?

No, I didn't get a chance to ask. I had to go pretty quick as traffic in the alley was building up and had to move my car. They do look pretty nice, I paid $5 for each of them.

Went on a marathon spree to all the bookmans, Zia, and Have Price Books. Heres is a small sample, too many to fit in a clean picture. Did pick a ton of Batman/Tec and Wolverine for the runs I am doing. The Hulk 180 was from one of the comic shops we also stopped by.

14wt01g.jpg

I noticed a small yard sale down the street with some clothes and junky looking stuff in the front yard. Decided to go check it out anyway.

Turned out they were having a quick money-raising sale for their family members in Chile who lost their home in a fire. Apparently a few days ago there was a HUGE fire that wiped out hundreds of homes in Valparaiso, Chile. I really need to read the international news more often. Here's the story .

They had donations from various families. When I walked up toward the garage, I noticed a table with a bunch of baseball cards, gaming cards, and some Dark Horse comics.

I asked the guy manning the sale "How much for the cards?" and I pointed to a folder of baseball cards. He said, "What are you offering?" I said, "I don't know much about baseball cards, but I have a friend who does." This is a true statement -- I really don't know much about them. The seller said, "How about $5?" I said, "$5 for each folder?" He replied, "No, $5 for all of them." (There were 3 folders.) I said, "Sure, okay, but let me look at some more stuff."

I noticed another big box of baseball cards underneath the table. Then I noticed a whole bin full of baseball cards, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh cards, and World of Warcraft cards. There was a gold-plated Pokemon collector thing, and a bunch of Ken Griffey cards in hard-plastic cases, various Topps cards, a folder full of basketball cards, etc. They were mostly from the '80s and '90s and my understanding is most of that stuff is near-worthless. But nonetheless it seemed like a decent risk.

I told the guy that my understanding is most sports cards from the '80s/'90s aren't worth much because they were over-printed, but sometimes there are hidden gems. He said, "Yeah, we realize that, but we don't have time to sell this on Craigslist or eBay or anything. We just need cash fast for our family in Chile." I said okay.

So I kept asking, "How much if I add this?" and the guy keeps just throwing out "$5 more" till I'm up to about $25. Then his Chilean mother gives me a cheese empenada.

I got everything in this picture, plus a nice big set of hard white dominos, for $30. I added extra onto the sale price as a donation. I figure worst-case scenario, I lose a couple bucks and make friends with some neighbors. Plus I got free hot cheese empenadas... With salsa...

I know nothing at all about collector cards, but it will be fun to sort through them and learn about them before selling them or whatever.

Here's a pic that shows most of the stuff:

146718.jpg.41b9b0d5d1a1ed7a3ddfa7466fafb10f.jpg

Edited by Doohickamabob

I noticed a small yard sale down the street with some clothes and junky looking stuff in the front yard. Decided to go check it out anyway.

Turned out they were having a quick money-raising sale for their family members in Chile who lost their home in a fire. Apparently a few days ago there was a HUGE fire that wiped out hundreds of homes in Valparaiso, Chile. I really need to read the international news more often. Here's the story .

They had donations from various families. When I walked up toward the garage, I noticed a table with a bunch of baseball cards, gaming cards, and some Dark Horse comics.

I asked the guy manning the sale "How much for the cards?" and I pointed to a folder of baseball cards. He said, "What are you offering?" I said, "I don't know much about baseball cards, but I have a friend who does." This is a true statement -- I really don't know much about them. The seller said, "How about $5?" I said, "$5 for each folder?" He replied, "No, $5 for all of them." (There were 3 folders.) I said, "Sure, okay, but let me look at some more stuff."

I noticed another big box of baseball cards underneath the table. Then I noticed a whole bin full of baseball cards, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh cards, and World of Warcraft cards. There was a gold-plated Pokemon collector thing, and a bunch of Ken Griffey cards in hard-plastic cases, various Topps cards, a folder full of basketball cards, etc. They were mostly from the '80s and '90s and my understanding is most of that stuff is near-worthless. But nonetheless it seemed like a decent risk.

I told the guy that my understanding is most sports cards from the '80s/'90s aren't worth much because they were over-printed, but sometimes there are hidden gems. He said, "Yeah, we realize that, but we don't have time to sell this on Craigslist or eBay or anything. We just need cash fast for our family in Chile." I said okay.

So I kept asking, "How much if I add this?" and the guy keeps just throwing out "$5 more" till I'm up to about $25. Then his Chilean mother gives me a cheese empenada.

I got everything in this picture, plus a nice big set of hard white dominos, for $30. I added extra onto the sale price as a donation. I figure worst-case scenario, I lose a couple bucks and make friends with some neighbors.

I know nothing at all about collector cards, but it will be fun to sort through them and learn about them before selling them or whatever.

Here's a pic that shows most of the stuff:

Yu gi oh!!

Good stuff

Hard to tell but some of the baseball cards look to be 70s into early 80s. It was'nt until late 80s things went nuts, I'd bet you did alright maybe you might find a decent gem or two that pay for the whole lot

I hope you're right! Just started looking through a couple dozen of them (out of probably a couple thousand). So far I've found some piles of Topps from 1982 and 1984, but not before that. UPDATE: Found a big stack of 1978's.... Those are the ones you're probably referring to. Also there are non-Topps cards like Fleers, etc. Another card is one of those limited-edition things with wood from the baseball bat as part of the card. (#70 out of 130 produced.) 2nd UPDATE: Now that I've had time to really look at it, the big white box in the photo is entirely of cards from the 1978-1984 era. I estimate at least 5,000 cards.

I was looking through a bunch and a half-dollar coin was wedged in between some cards. So I already made back 50 cents on my investment. lol

One of the comics is a NM "Ninjak #1" from 1993 with chromium cover from Valiant. It's probably not worth much but it looks really cool.