• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,856 posts in this topic

Picked these three guys up for $13 at a flea market yesterday. Tons of drek to sort through first but as always the thrill is in the hunt. The Supes features the first appearance of '70s D-list villain Terra-Man, who I recall fondly from my childhood:

5DD90340_zps7afa490d.jpg

Yesterday, I picked them up at the small comic convention.

Paid for only $5. Asked him if he was aware of NM #98. He was not surprised at all and told me that he was selling the remaining long boxes before he will retire. He didn't care about them.

He showed me the pictures of himself holding Tec #27 and #35. Oh holy cow! He has #1 to #35. Asked him if he is going to sell his Tec collection. He will but doesn't know when. Cool humble guy!

IMG_7442_zpsc5e625c2.jpg

I checked every book. They are unread and MINTY!!!

Edited by JollyComics

Paid for only $5. Asked him if he was aware of NM #98. He was not surprised at all and told me that he was selling the remaining long boxes before he will retire. He didn't care about them.

He showed me the pictures of himself holding Tec #27 and #35. Oh holy cow! He has #1 to #35. Asked him if he is going to sell his Tec collection. He will but doesn't know when. Cool humble guy!

IMG_7442_zpsc5e625c2.jpg

Dupage?

IMG_7442_zpsc5e625c2.jpg

Dupage?

:eek: Did I miss you there? Frankly yes. Next ones are in January here and in February in Milwaukee.

Edited by JollyComics

Went up north to another half Priced books and found these in their $1.00 clearance bin. I know they are anything on the hot list, but I collect Jademan books and these are like them. They normally sell for $10+ each on eBay.

They are called, Storm Riders. They are like TPBs.

I was glad to get them.

100_2268_zpsf33f0102.jpg

100_2267_zps26e40911.jpg

Went up north to another half Priced books and found these in their $1.00 clearance bin. I know they are anything on the hot list, but I collect Jademan books and these are like them. They normally sell for $10+ each on eBay.

They are called, Storm Riders. They are like TPBs.

I was glad to get them.

100_2268_zpsf33f0102.jpg

100_2267_zps26e40911.jpg

Those are the coolest finds though.

Picked up a few books locally this afternoon...sadly, the Animal Comics #11 has some color touch on the back cover. The ABC books have the original unused paper mailer sleeves and are unread, yet not NM/MT. The Spyman books are Steranko's first published work.

15209836359_0ae11cc02e_o.jpg

Peace,

Chip

Picked up a few books locally this afternoon...sadly, the Animal Comics #11 has some color touch on the back cover. The ABC books have the original unused paper mailer sleeves and are unread, yet not NM/MT. The Spyman books are Steranko's first published work.

15209836359_0ae11cc02e_o.jpg

Peace,

Chip

Nice books! Get that color touch removed!

Here are my finds after work - wish the guy would have had more than two copies of X-Force 2 since they are unread and sweet.

Northcoast_zps78dba6a8.jpg

Today was one last nice day out at the guy's place with the cheap comics. Most of these were 3/$1, with the ones that weren't that price still very very cheap. There are easily more than twice as many comics that I didn't photograph as ones I did, but these were more-or-less the highlights of today's trip. It was a fun time, and the fourth time I've been out there over the last 2 weeks. He said that the fresh stuff he put out today was the last of it. I might see what he has in a few months because there were lots of books that were overpriced based on their condition...mostly DC early Silver Age in lower grades.

15220091607_7ea4a18348_o.jpg

15220004058_fa5ae03dc4_o.jpg

15406277142_b9e17524d9_o.jpg

15220002908_d8de20cf4c_o.jpg

15220004378_f08392c13d_o.jpg

Peace,

Chip

Today was one last nice day out at the guy's place with the cheap comics. Most of these were 3/$1, with the ones that weren't that price still very very cheap. There are easily more than twice as many comics that I didn't photograph as ones I did, but these were more-or-less the highlights of today's trip. It was a fun time, and the fourth time I've been out there over the last 2 weeks. He said that the fresh stuff he put out today was the last of it. I might see what he has in a few months because there were lots of books that were overpriced based on their condition...mostly DC early Silver Age in lower grades.

15220091607_7ea4a18348_o.jpg

15220004058_fa5ae03dc4_o.jpg

15406277142_b9e17524d9_o.jpg

15220002908_d8de20cf4c_o.jpg

15220004378_f08392c13d_o.jpg

Peace,

Chip

(worship) Nice score Chip!

Here are my finds after work - wish the guy would have had more than two copies of X-Force 2 since they are unread and sweet.

Northcoast_zps78dba6a8.jpg

It's a sad day when the highlight in the pic is Xforce2 instead of a silver age flash

These kids and their youtube movies :preach:

It really is fun seeing collections being purchased from all sorts of wholesale sources. But the purpose of this thread, at least as I understood it, was to showcase comics and related items "found in the wild" at garage sales, flea markets, antique malls, estate sales, etc.

Such finds are serendipitous and surprising, which makes them fun to hear about ("I was rooting through a stack of 1930s license plates, and lo and behold I found this copy of Four Color #74!!"), whereas Craigslist scores, responses to "want to buy comics" ads, buying a collection from the friend of a co-worker's friend who knows you buy comics, etc., etc. are of a different nature entirely.

Not bad...just different.

Of course, it's not a big deal, really, either way. And I'm always amazed by what people are still able to unearth these days. But at some point, maybe we should consider splitting off the want ad/CL/big collection type scores into their own thread, and leave this one clear for the true junk sale surprises...