• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,861 posts in this topic

No #14? Otherwise a great score. :)

Nope the wife had got a hold of an Overstreet and had listed a few already, the Avengers were obvious the key's had been plucked.Only way I found her was from winning a Batman comic and glad I did. For my cost I was not concerned on the 14 going somewhere else.

I bought my first collection off of craigslist tonight. A bunch of drek and this...

Batman%20Adventures%20%2012%20front_zpstuiqci71.jpg

Batman%20Adventures%20%2012%20back_zpspx3yl1az.jpg

To me that is drek too but I do realize that there is something for everyone. Congrats to you though. Hope you sell it and do well!

Yup.. The back cover of that book confirms it

I bought my first collection off of craigslist tonight. A bunch of drek and this...

To me that is drek too but I do realize that there is something for everyone. Congrats to you though. Hope you sell it and do well!

lol

I'm with you. It's not within my personal collecting focus at all. But, it's a book in demand and worth a bit of money. I plan to sell it to fund the purchase of a grail of mine.

lol

I'm with you. It's not within my personal collecting focus at all. But, it's a book in demand and worth a bit of money. I plan to sell it to fund the purchase of a grail of mine.

Im totally jealous btw lol

lol

You guys have lost your minds.

Great book and find.

Patrick

If I had Robot Man's collection I'd consider that book drek as well.

Robot Man has one of the best collections of *anything* I've ever seen.

It's mind-boggling. The fact that I was able to contribute something to it is even MORE mind-boggling. :)

Awwwww, thanks Peach! My collection is pretty big just due to the fact I've been at it a LONG time. A lot of lower grade stuff as well as stuff a lot of other people really wouldn't want. There are a ton of smaller quality collections that really put me to shame. Just glad you guys like to look at my junk.

That being said, Everybody likes what they like and no need to defend it. I just think BA #12 a pretty poorly written story with very cartoony art aimed at very young kids. It is also very common. But if you like it, who am I to say. And yes, I have a copy buried in a box somewhere.

I'm not sure I agree on the critique of BA 12. I mean, most of the GA comics and SA stuff (ever read the 50s and 60s superman) are aimed at "very young kids" with pretty cartoony art. And the stories certainly weren't sophisticated.

I'd also argue with respect to scarcity (in terms of high grade) yes more plentiful in 9.8 etc. But for a somewhat recent book I think it's a little less common.

tgvcm.jpg

I started bringing this with me to start testing carts in the wild... I also carry a small amount of alcohol prep pads to clean the cart as well...

Those underground Goodies Comix have some amazing art in them... Unfortunately not safe for me to post here...

I'll email you Kav

My recent pickup/find.

Bat2_zpspuuncplr.jpeg

Ferget about BA #12. This is what I'm talking about. Maybe the best book I've ever seen in this thread. I've got a 9.8 BA #12 I'd trade for it and you don't even need to "squeeze" it...

Truly, an an amazing book! Love it. That being said, I feel the spirit of this thread has been compromised. lol I'm out.

wtf is goodies? I cant find any info which is strange for a book that had 74 issues

Its a mini comix series by Brad Foster which used to be hyped back in the 80s by retailers when titles like Cheery, Omaha & Quadrant were bringing in big bucks. Unfortunately, that never happened and nowadays, no one even knows who cherry and omaha are either

Cool find tho