• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,877 posts in this topic

My dad called me last week and said he found a long box of comics in the garbage near by his house, I picked it up tonight. There's a John Bryne FF run 232-293, small captain marvel run like 35-46, crisis 1-12, then like misc 50 or so other bronze age comics. The kicker is they were all bagged and boarded in HG like 9.0+ some moisture to the bottom of the box from sitting in the grass waiting to be picked up by the recycling men but luckily everything was bagged and nothing was damaged. I started replacing the backs/bags due to them being yellow and old. Will show some pictures tomorrow or wed when I have some time.

My dad called me last week and said he found a long box of comics in the garbage near by his house, I picked it up tonight. There's a John Bryne FF run 232-293, small captain marvel run like 35-46, crisis 1-12, then like misc 50 or so other bronze age comics. The kicker is they were all bagged and boarded in HG like 9.0+ some moisture to the bottom of the box from sitting in the grass waiting to be picked up by the recycling men but luckily everything was bagged and nothing was damaged. I started replacing the backs/bags due to them being yellow and old. Will show some pictures tomorrow or wed when I have some time.

Nice man! I wish I still had that kind of luck, I remember when I was like 12 I looked in a dumpster and found a longbox of 80's stuff. Don't really remember too much about it , but I know secret wars 8 was in it.

again, nice find!

Your deadline long since passed. :sumo:

This find doesn't exactly fit the criteria for this thread, but it was such a fantastic collection of books I happened upon earlier this year that I had to share it. The story is that I was in a local comic store buying some bags and boards when a guy approaches me who said he overheard me mention that I had just bought some comics from someone.He then said he had several thousand comics that he would like to sell as they were taking up so much space in the house. I felt a little awkward as the store manager was also standing right there, but this fellow then says that he had offered the collection to them first (the store) and they had declined. I said definitely I would like to see them. When i go to this guys house a few days later, I arrive to find several boxes filled with dozens of large manilla envelopes, each labeled with a comic title and list of the run in that particular envelope- I soon realized that this guy had nearly every Marvel title and book printed between 1967 and 1976, or so. It was like Christmas morning when I was a kid as I opened envelope after envelope, discovering key books, high grade books, and nearly complete runs of books. We made a deal and I bought them. I doubt that I will ever top this find.These are the more notable books: MiscbooksfromPresy_0002.jpg[/img] MiscbooksfromPresy_0001.jpg[/img] MiscbooksfromPresy_0003.jpg[/img] MiscbooksfromPresy_0004.jpg[/img] MiscbooksfromPresy_0005.jpg[/img] MiscbooksfromPresy_0006.jpg[/img] :

This find doesn't exactly fit the criteria for this thread, but it was such a fantastic collection of books I happened upon earlier this year that I had to share it. The story is that I was in a local comic store buying some bags and boards when a guy approaches me who said he overheard me mention that I had just bought some comics from someone.He then said he had several thousand comics that he would like to sell as they were taking up so much space in the house. I felt a little awkward as the store manager was also standing right there, but this fellow then says that he had offered the collection to them first (the store) and they had declined. I said definitely I would like to see them. When i go to this guys house a few days later, I arrive to find several boxes filled with dozens of large manilla envelopes, each labeled with a comic title and list of the run in that particular envelope- I soon realized that this guy had nearly every Marvel title and book printed between 1967 and 1976, or so. It was like Christmas morning when I was a kid as I opened envelope after envelope, discovering key books, high grade books, and nearly complete runs of books. We made a deal and I bought them. I doubt that I will ever top this find.These are the more notable books: MiscbooksfromPresy_0002.jpg[/img] MiscbooksfromPresy_0001.jpg[/img] MiscbooksfromPresy_0003.jpg[/img] MiscbooksfromPresy_0004.jpg[/img] MiscbooksfromPresy_0005.jpg[/img] MiscbooksfromPresy_0006.jpg[/img] :

Oh snap, so what was the price, The Price?!

Here is one comic a collector friend pulled out of a stack at a garage sale (he snagged 4 books in total for $30) last month...............

I call wildly_fanciful_statement. Spider-Man is an iconic, high-profile character whose appeal has been mainstream for at least 30 years. I find it hard to believe that even someone who knows nothing at all about comics or comic book subculture would look at a cover that says 'Introducing Spider-Man' and not question whether if it had any value outside of yard sale filler.

I am calling BS on this one...I have found two guys with the same story on two different conventions..I just don' find it .....well..it's hard to believe, if it did..wow, just wow, but, seriously???

I found a beater copy of ASM #129 at the K of C swap meet about a month ago. Cover is in nice shape but rough on the spine. I bought a few VG Two Gun Kid and Rawhide Kid 12 centers and a NM Hulk 377 for 17 bucks.

The ASM 129 looked to be in better condition at first glance. I was looking through a few longboxes of junk picking a few out and the guy says I have a few others in the car . He pulled out the #129 I nearly had a cow. Still a 40 to 50 dollar comic in the shape it was in...

Funny part was I had just sent my ASM #129 to C link for auction I was happy to find a place holder copy and a reader.

Here is one comic a collector friend pulled out of a stack at a garage sale (he snagged 4 books in total for $30) last month...............

I call wildly_fanciful_statement. Spider-Man is an iconic, high-profile character whose appeal has been mainstream for at least 30 years. I find it hard to believe that even someone who knows nothing at all about comics or comic book subculture would look at a cover that says 'Introducing Spider-Man' and not question whether if it had any value outside of yard sale filler.

4 for $30 means the seller thought they were worth "something"...maybe he looked it up in a 1970 OPG and came to that price?

or looked up amazing fantasy 15 and found the price on the one put out in the 2000s...

comic1.jpg

I find it amazing that this book period presents the way it does. The URFC is sharp, with no color breaking creases or chipping on right side. Excellent gloss, yet has moderate amount of spine stress.........maybe book was restored years ago.

Oh snap, so what was the price, The Price?!

Well I ended up going in on the collection (about 3,000 books or so) with a collector friend and we paid $2,000 for the lot.We sold some of it off, but kept most of the best stuff. Now dividing it up- that was the hard part! But it looks like I just got upstaged by the AF15 story- now I have to say "wow" to that.