• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,856 posts in this topic

Got these off craigslist today. Never owned any Mego figures before. Majority of these are the re-issue they did recently. Mostly Star Trek. A few are older, but I haven't even had a chance to go through it.

IMAG0015.jpg

IMAG0016.jpg

IMAG0018.jpg

IMAG0020.jpg

IMAG0021.jpg

IMAG0022.jpg

Guy had a big Superman collection (14 bins full?) he dumped that had lunchboxes and the like. Also had a massive comic collection (worth 14k, sold for 9k he said) that included Action 3, Superman 2 or 3, long run of Superman starting at 50, etc. This was the just about the last of his collectibles that his wife was encouraging him to get rid of.

My second favorite craigslist find behind this guy, which I posted a few months back but have to show off again. Love the Hulk. My son is using it, but ripped off the mouth. Hoping he keeps the label intact.

IMG_8519.jpg

I answered an ad for one of the items in the grouping (the MIB Darth Vader TIE Fighter) and it turned out the gent had some really nice vintage. I'm really glad I asked!

Among the stuff that I'm really stoked about is the MOC ESB 48 Back-C (with Revenge of the Jedi/Ackbar figure offer) and the MISB (1977) Kenner Canada Star Wars/GDE Darth Vader Bop Bag (second picture).

They made R2-D2 and Chewbacca bop bags as well. I have never seen another to date and I'd have to believe this to be an exceptionally rare production piece.

Along with the lot (third picture), I got a loose die-cast Vader TIE (along with the carded) which I quickly put in the display:

grouping.jpg

bop_bag_and_MOC_diecast.jpg

loose_diecast.jpg

Nothing major, but some of this week's find.

50 cents each at a local store.

DSC05320.jpg

Near complete Nick Fury, Steranko run for $40 total from a local flea market! All books VG to FN and its only missing issue 18.

DSC05448.jpg

Edited by lemonman5

[font:Book Antiqua]

I am guessing I going to different flea markets that all of you do...[/font]

:baiting:

my flea markets have coverless moderns for $50 displayed in a freezer bag.

Alot of times when I'm looking through people's junky beat up modern and bronze boxes, I start thinking the same thing, but alot of times it pays to keep digging. I found that the decent stuff is usually hidden within the junk.

Flea markets and antique malls can be a good source of material. When the season starts again, I will have to start posting my finds this coming year. I always turn up some awesome vintage stuff; and to be honest, some of it I would rather offer it to my fellow 'boardies' at a discount then sell it all on eBay.

Happy hunting guys; and this is a great thread!

I was at an estate sale a few weeks ago and was gathering several items, I noticed an empty cardboard box in the back porch, I put all my things in it and kept on filling it. I decided to put the box on ebay last week, it just sold :ohnoez:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260940229381?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Edited by Junkdrawer

I was at an estate sale a few weeks ago and was gathering several items, I noticed an empty cardboard box in the back porch, I put all my things in it and kept on filling it. I decided to put the box on ebay last week, it just sold :ohnoez:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260940229381?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Good for you, really!

But it's a box. Am I missing something? And what made you want to put an empty box on eBay? lol

Edited by This is water

Wow, what a score. Just goes to show I have no idea of what to look for. Congrats

Good for you, really!

But it's a box. Am I missing something? And what made you want to put an empty box on eBay? lol

There is no date on the box and researching it was a bit of a challenge, I new the 5 cent price of the poster packs told me it was old so I kept searching, I sent some photos to a baseball card guy who identified it to 1968 by the serial numbers on the bottom. Funny he did not make me an offer so I just listed it. I understand that it is more rareer than the product itself if you read my listing you will get my drift. funny thing is the things I was putting in the box turned out to be pretty good $$$wise.

Good for you, really!

There is no date on the box and researching it was a bit of a challenge, I new the 5 cent price of the poster packs told me it was old so I kept searching, I sent some photos to a baseball card guy who identified it to 1968 by the serial numbers on the bottom. Funny he did not make me an offer so I just listed it. I understand that it is more rareer than the product itself if you read my listing you will get my drift. funny thing is the things I was putting in the box turned out to be pretty good $$$wise.

Wow, what a good score. (thumbs u

Interesting story though. I never would have even known!