• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,881 posts in this topic

Wow, I've combed over Bookmans in Phoenix and Mesa repeatedly and rarley find anything of value. Though I have had better experience with the Tucson stores.

I've been to those stores too as well as the one in Flagstaff - the Tucson stores (particularly on Grant and Speedway) have it all over the other ones I've been to. Their selection is great (especially if you live close enough to go every couple days - cuz some of the stuff sells fast because it is priced so low). I can't tell you how many scores I've had in the two aforementioned Tucson locations. Probably my best get there was a Captain America 109 (Fine-ish condition) for .75 last year! That's pretty rare as far as comic finds go, though.

Plus they have Greyhounds in there about once a month (the Tucson Greyhound rescue league) :cloud9:

Isn't there a recalled version of that Cap slipcase? Something to do with a naked Bucky panel or some such ? Pretty sure my LCS had one once hm

Apparently there is. I just Googled it and found "on a page halfway through the first book, some strange colorist put an "eightball" symbol on a bald villains forehead and a on Bucky"

I'll have to flip through it and see.

Definitely carries a price premium. (you can cut me in for telling you about it) :gossip:

:jokealert:

I was working for Diamond when those came out, and I'm pretty sure it was officially recalled by Marvel. Not sure, though, how many were returned, and how many were (wisely) kept.

Finding nice comics in the UK at flea markets etc is almost impossible, (especially US silver age), but it does happen from time to time. This summer I got a tatty copy of ASM 77, plus a Good copy of the Superman / Ali treasury

But what stood out for me (and UK boardies will appreciate these), are Mighty World of Marvel Issues 1 and 2, Nabbed at a boot fair in August for the princely sum of £1 (50p each).

I used to have these when I was a kid. Couldn't believe my luck.

Sorry about scans cropping, these issues are too large for the scanner!

MWOM-001.jpg

MWOM-002.jpg

So after Having a bad week with my Girlfriend, and I being a little down due to relationship issues, we met up to have lunch and talk, and just try to enjoy each others company. Dealing with the Miss Priss she is a whole other story. And I was praying to God just to shine some light on this suck of a week, My Girlfriend loves to read old books, so out of kissing her butt I took her to an Antique Shop in Orange Circle CA yesterday afternoon, It was a pretty big shop and after walking around for about 30 mins at old books, and stuff she was all giddy about. Granted I appreciate this stuff, I came across a few comic boxes in the corner, These boxes looked like they were sitting there for a while, maybe a few years. As I started to open the box top, I started to look, after about 5 mins of looking, My Eyes grew big and I stared at the book in front of me, Like a stuned Opossum in a Cars Headlights, I pulled this out of the box for $2.95. Its not a 9.0 but heck its prob an 8.5. Has a few creases and a bump on the bottom. But this is the ONLY comic book Line I collect, And my hole in my collection was filled.

x-men%20297%20gold.JPG

Love you God!

Edited by Wampler

I picked up a nice slew of 57 comics at a local garage sale last Friday. Nothing major but I got all of them for $19 (they were 3 for a buck). I also picked this up for $4.00:

PressmanX-MenUnderSiegeGame1.jpg

PressmanX-MenUnderSiegeGame2.jpg

Anyone know anything about vintage bobbleheads. Here is an old Reddy Kilowatt I found today at Goodwill in beautiful condition. None on ebay. Found a old listing on a antique site stating that it is rare (original 1926 version of Reddy) and the last one sold for 535.00 back in 2008. Not sure how correct the facts are.

If anyone knows anything about this I would love to learn more.

stuff013.jpg

stuff012.jpg

Very sweet.

I'm on the phone w/ a friend who is pretty knowlegable about bobble heads. When I told him about this, he thought it would be a repro. Hey just looked at it and thinks it's original and very tough. I'm guessing the price you saw is realistic.

Thanks for the info.

I paid 3.99 for it. My local Goodwill is in a area where folks have a bit more money so I tend to find antiques there quite a bit.

Edited by BrianR

I got the following from a used book dealer I've been dealing with for years. It's one of the best deals I've made in a long time. He called me saying he had about 200 books from the early 40's to the mid 50's, now normally this means you'll be going to see a lot of late 60's to early 70's books, but in this case I've dealt with him before, and knew he'd know what he was talking about.

It started out with the usual Dells, I collect Dells and some of these were in real nice shape, but 80% of the collections I find are made up of Dells, so nothing to write home about.

th_384.jpg th_363.jpg th_310.jpg th_236.jpg

th_17c.jpg th_16b.jpg th_15b.jpg th_14c.jpg th_13b.jpg th_11d.jpg th_10d.jpg th_8c.jpg

th_102.jpg th_73.jpg th_76.jpg th_19b.jpg th_5b.jpg