• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

Found a few goodies at a Garage Sale this morning. Nothing spectacular, but a few decent ones. Especially at 50 cents each. The interesting thing was there were 2 guys going through the comics before I got there. There were around 5-6 short boxes. They pulled out about a box worth, but either missed a few that I picked up or didn't know they had value.

31363770036_c0494aeff8_h.jpg

Found a few goodies at a Garage Sale this morning. Nothing spectacular, but a few decent ones. Especially at 50 cents each. The interesting thing was there were 2 guys going through the comics before I got there. There were around 5-6 short boxes. They pulled out about a box worth, but either missed a few that I picked up or didn't know they had value.

Here's a wild thought... could they have been buying books they wanted for their collection, instead of just buying stuff to flip?

Here's a wild thought... could they have been buying books they wanted for their collection, instead of just buying stuff to flip?

I believe that - I'm often reminded how lucky we are on these boards in terms of knowledge and understanding of the market compared to the vast majority of collectors. To most, story and emotional connection are still a priority when selecting books.

I believe that - I'm often reminded how lucky we are on these boards in terms of knowledge and understanding of the market compared to the vast majority of collectors. To most, story and emotional connection are still a priority when selecting books.

I'm not sure, but I think you're saying how smart we are, and how stupid everyone else is. If that's the case, count me among the vast majority of collectors who buy it because we like it. Remember, you need collectors to sell your undesirable books to. Even if you're just a weekend nickel and dime flipper, it's in your interest to encourage and develop these buyers, not belittle them.

love the exposure too and knowledge that these boards provide... but I am never gonna make bank on comics... I buy what I like... so story and art... to me... are the priority... value 20yrs from now is a far second...

love the exposure too and knowledge that these boards provide... but I am never gonna make bank on comics... I buy what I like... so story and art... to me... are the priority... value 20yrs from now is a far second...

But, if you see a NM 98 in a dollar box, for example, are you going to pass it up because you already have it in your collection?

a little different take on it.

Three groups in the hobby at any time (and people can change groups at any time)

• Collectors who buy the books they love
  • Collectors/Investors who buy the books they love, or books they can profit on so they can buy the books they love.
  • Investors who buy books they can profit from so they can buy more books they can profit from.

Our hobby does best when there's the right mix of the three...

But, if you see a NM 98 in a dollar box, for example, are you going to pass it up because you already have it in your collection?

I would do that, but then flip it or trade to get more comics that I like. I agree with his point mostly. I would say that value 20yrs from now is second (but not far second ;) )

Three groups in the hobby at any time (and people can change groups at any time)

• Collectors/Investors who buy the books they love, or books they can profit on so they can buy the books they love.
  • Investors who buy books they can profit from so they can buy more books they can profit from.

Good breakdown. I fall in #2.

Good breakdown. I fall in #2.

Me to, and I dont see any problem with any of the three (as long s ur's not a #3 pretending to be a #1 just to get a book cheaper...)

I finally have something to add here in a long time. Picked up a single stack form someone this morning. She was not a comic person, but said she had Daredevil #1 and #2, and a bunch of other #1's. So out the door I flew. I don't know anything about moderns, so if there is something of note in the modern group, I would appreciate the heads up.

IMG_0024.jpg

1e3c9b09-56e9-439c-8ada-fa46ab7f2ecd.jpg

4e76372b-80e8-45f1-b1a7-e37a4cb8918e.jpg

Not everyday that you find this for $5 at the flea market - but I guess today was my day :headbang:

001.jpg

No back cover, and front cover is detached, but all the pages are there, so I aint complaining

:o:o:o

A nice white DD#42, maybe an 8.5. The Avengers 17 and the Xmen 11 are rags.

There wasn't a DD #1, just the annual #1 but there was the #2.

IMG_0026.jpg

Looks like you found some keepers! Nice job, but the action comics posted after you will probably steal your thunder..