• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,850 posts in this topic

A few years ago I went to our local huge outdoor flea market.

The brother-in-law noticed a gigantic box of He-man figures. I'm talking Moving Box huge.

Literally full of loose He-man guys. In the pile were two Wonder Bread He-mans. Those familiar with He-man history know that even one is super rare. Granted, these are not high grade items. But I was VERY pleased.

I still have a ton of the figures that were high grade for my collection. A lot of later releases that tend to be rarer too. But I sold the common and low grade stuff and made my money back ten-fold.

Only spent $40 for that entire box.

I wish I could run across more like this.

Pat

My dad called me last week and said he found a long box of comics in the garbage near by his house, I picked it up tonight. There's a John Bryne FF run 232-293, small captain marvel run like 35-46, crisis 1-12, then like misc 50 or so other bronze age comics. The kicker is they were all bagged and boarded in HG like 9.0+ some moisture to the bottom of the box from sitting in the grass waiting to be picked up by the recycling men but luckily everything was bagged and nothing was damaged. I started replacing the backs/bags due to them being yellow and old. Will show some pictures tomorrow or wed when I have some time.

I owe this thread a picture.

ebay11511097.jpg

Not bad for a garbage fine. Every comic is 9.0+. Best one in the lot was a teen titan #2 in the 9.6-9.8 range.

I forgot all about this until my dad called me yesterday saying one of his friends gave him a box of comics because she knows I collect comics. So we will see. Hopefully I have some more stuff to post tomorrow.

Nice pick-ups!

I hit a few tag sales the past two weekends. Found a small batch of 90s comics, but when I looked through I managed to pick out a couple Uncanny X-Men, 123 and 124 in NM, plus an X-Factor 6 that looks more like a 9.0 upon second glance. $3 each - not really a good deal but $.40 uncannys are from the sweet spot of my collecting youth, so whatever.

Also bought a baggie of Lincoln cents, and a smattering of other coins, plus some junk silver pieces (a thimble, couple crosses, etc.).

Also got a great carved marble chess set for $20, must weigh about 30 lbs.!

At yesterday's tag sale I was scoping out the bar area of this house and found six Marilyn Monroe wine glasses. A quick google at the sale showed that they were Bradford Exchange and ebay sales showed multiple sales at 2 for $40 plus shipping. I got all six for $12 total. That'll be good seed money for more purchases!

Long Island is a hotbed of tag sales, even over the wintertime.

(thumbs u

I found this at a LCS I don't frequent too often, but its a deal, so I'll post it here.

The guy had Batman 608 on his wall for $8. He also threw in the ASM hardcover for free (he said he's been giving them out to customers who buy something). The Batman 608 is at least a 9.6, but I think it has a shot at a 9.8. I'm going to wait to grade it, since I want to get it Signature Series.

DSC05871.jpg

Edited by lemonman5

Cool nice to see you posting Lemon!

everyone is finding some good stuff..I haven't found much comic stuff lately

but found other cool stuff..slowly (it's been 2 years) we almost have a complete household of stuff..you know stuff you never think about like blenders and toasters..etc..all either donated or from yardsales fleamarkets or curbs..

except our bedroom TV and our bed..

the only comic find so far has been a few Big Little books..

Found these at a local Vintage Stock store over the weekend:

ASM #304 in NM (McFarlane)

Astonishing X-Men #17 in NM+ (Wolverine blank)

Conan #14 in VF+

DD #257 in NM+ (Punisher)

FF #112 in FN+ (Hulk vs. Thing)

Iron Man #313 in NM+ (Alcoholism storyline)

Battle Classics #1 in NM+

Champion Sports #1 in NM

DC Special #27 in NM

Dynamic Classics #1 in NM+ (Neal Adams art)

Superboy #245 Whitman Variant in VF-

Dark Horse Presents #24 in NM+ (Aliens origin)

Alien Worlds #6 in NM+

Animax #2 (Marvel Star) in NM+

th_AmazingSpider-Man304NMToddMcFarlaneart.jpgth_AstonishingX-Men17NMWolverineblank.jpgth_Conan14VF.jpgth_Daredevil257cNM.jpgth_FantasticFour112FNHulkvsThing.jpg

th_IronMan313dNM.jpgth_BattleClassics1NM.jpgth_ChampionSports1NM.jpgth_DCSpecial27NM.jpgth_DynamicClassics1bNMNealAdamsart.jpg

th_Superboy245VF-WhitmanVariant.jpgth_DarkHorsePresents24NMAliensorigin.jpgth_AlienWorlds6NM.jpgth_Animax2NM.jpg

Got 'em all for about $70.00. :)

Honestly...

I found a first printing copy of Ernest Hemmingway's "For Whom the Bell Tolls"

The only thing it was missing was the dust jacket. I thought that was the coolest thing I ever found.

As far as comic books... we do not have anything around here that draws dealers with anything worth picking up.

I snapped up a nice lot of toys last week, was out in the sun taking these shots a short time ago and will be listing them all on ebay tonight. There is a link to my ebay site in the selling section of the forum if anyone is interested. The thread is called "Junkdrawer is cleaning out his junkdrawer"

donnelly098.jpg

donnelly087.jpg

donnelly074.jpg

donnelly070.jpg

donnelly056.jpg

donnelly054.jpg

donnelly031.jpg

donnelly019.jpg

donnelly001.jpg

donnelly110.jpg[/img]

I snapped up a nice lot of toys last week, was out in the sun taking these shots a short time ago and will be listing them all on ebay tonight. There is a link to my ebay site in the selling section of the forum if anyone is interested. The thread is called "Junkdrawer is cleaning out his junkdrawer"

Nice stuff, these will fetch good money. The dragster is especially cool.

Nice stuff, these will fetch good money. The dragster is especially cool.

My 5 year old would love that! If it isn't too much trouble, PM me a link to the auction. Thanks!