• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,856 posts in this topic

I was at an estate sale a few weeks ago and was gathering several items, I noticed an empty cardboard box in the back porch, I put all my things in it and kept on filling it. I decided to put the box on ebay last week, it just sold :ohnoez:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260940229381?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Good for you, really!

But it's a box. Am I missing something? And what made you want to put an empty box on eBay? lol

There is no date on the box and researching it was a bit of a challenge, I new the 5 cent price of the poster packs told me it was old so I kept searching, I sent some photos to a baseball card guy who identified it to 1968 by the serial numbers on the bottom. Funny he did not make me an offer so I just listed it. I understand that it is more rareer than the product itself if you read my listing you will get my drift. funny thing is the things I was putting in the box turned out to be pretty good $$$wise.

Wow, what a good score. (thumbs u

Interesting story though. I never would have even known!

This listing just ended, an item in the box pool chalk :whistle:http://www.ebay.com/itm/260940257343?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

This Deck of cards went last week :roflmao:http://www.ebay.com/itm/c1900-ANHEUSER-BUSCH-Spanish-American-War-playing-cards-USPC-Advertising-/250969704195?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6ef5c703

Edited by Junkdrawer

I was at an estate sale a few weeks ago and was gathering several items, I noticed an empty cardboard box in the back porch, I put all my things in it and kept on filling it. I decided to put the box on ebay last week, it just sold :ohnoez:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260940229381?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Good for you, really!

But it's a box. Am I missing something? And what made you want to put an empty box on eBay? lol

There is no date on the box and researching it was a bit of a challenge, I new the 5 cent price of the poster packs told me it was old so I kept searching, I sent some photos to a baseball card guy who identified it to 1968 by the serial numbers on the bottom. Funny he did not make me an offer so I just listed it. I understand that it is more rareer than the product itself if you read my listing you will get my drift. funny thing is the things I was putting in the box turned out to be pretty good $$$wise.

This listing just ended, an item in the box pool chalk :whistle:http://www.ebay.com/itm/260940257343?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

This Deck of cards went last week :roflmao:http://www.ebay.com/itm/c1900-ANHEUSER-BUSCH-Spanish-American-War-playing-cards-USPC-Advertising-/250969704195?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6ef5c703

That is crazy who would have guessed a cardboard box would be worth that much. Crazy!

Good for you, really!

Awesome scores (thumbs u

You've got a great eye, I would never have thought of taking that empty box.

Good for you, really!

Awesome scores (thumbs u

You've got a great eye, I would never have thought of taking that empty box.

If I put these items for sale in my shop and someone asked "oh how much is the pool chalk?" and I told them $20, they would think I was crazy. I have learned much over the years, what goes best on ebay, in my shop, or here. Trust me its not all great and I do lose occasionally, to busy to cry about it and lots more in life to look forward to. Back to the hunt ;)

found this today. I asked above comics and the woman mentioned she had some old Batman books toys from the 60's, but no comics. She is suppose to dig them out for me later.

cards.jpg

Can you please tell us about this...

"Topps" on the box makes it soooo collectible to the Base Ball Card collectors who like to have displayable items.

while i'm sure said box is probably very rare and HTF given who on earth would have kept it? but $460 is still astonishing. i'm not saying a carboard box can't be worth that much, but i'd hope for/expect a lot more decorative bang for that kind of money.

i've sold empty MTG deck boxes on ebay. Empty boxes can be a cash cow. I went digging through an old tool box and pulled out a few antique rulers (4 fold type). Rare ones can bring some money. Not a ton but it all adds up.

I sold a photo of a lynching i found in a box of postcards a few years ago for $1200 to a black history museum

Edited by krighton

while i'm sure said box is probably very rare and HTF given who on earth would have kept it? but $460 is still astonishing. i'm not saying a carboard box can't be worth that much, but i'd hope for/expect a lot more decorative bang for that kind of money.

Likely someone sitting on a bunch of these posters who can resell the individual posters for more with the original box.

I don't know for certain, nor can I speak on how this compares to the assemblage that goes on with collector card wax packs and boxes.

But as a collector who has been looking for quite some time for factory sealed Star Wars OPC series 1-3 wax boxes, everytime I see a box appear on the market, I become less inclined to pursue that collecting goal.

Went to an estate sale in Trenton, MI on Friday that I saw on estatesales.net because they advertised comic books as part of the sale. No major WOW factor, but I thought I would post a few of the comics that I bought.

6827697217_8925bdb48d.jpg

Dective 350 by Willie Lumpkin, on Flickr

Love that Joe Kubert cover!

6827703639_cb551b7c89.jpg

Deathlok by Willie Lumpkin, on Flickr

First Deathlok! Wish the condition was better!

6827709137_fc01e145f8.jpg

Groo by Willie Lumpkin, on Flickr

The only anxious moment came when I was going through a nearly complete run of New Mutants! Unhappily, there was no #98 (First Deadpool). Someone must have gotten to it before I got there.

Edited by Willie Lumpkin

I answered an ad for one of the items in the grouping (the MIB Darth Vader TIE Fighter) and it turned out the gent had some really nice vintage. I'm really glad I asked!

Among the stuff that I'm really stoked about is the MOC ESB 48 Back-C (with Revenge of the Jedi/Ackbar figure offer) and the MISB (1977) Kenner Canada Star Wars/GDE Darth Vader Bop Bag (second picture).

They made R2-D2 and Chewbacca bop bags as well. I have never seen another to date and I'd have to believe this to be an exceptionally rare production piece.

Along with the lot (third picture), I got a loose die-cast Vader TIE (along with the carded) which I quickly put in the display:

grouping.jpg

bop_bag_and_MOC_diecast.jpg

loose_diecast.jpg

One of these things is not like the other....

I answered an ad for one of the items in the grouping (the MIB Darth Vader TIE Fighter) and it turned out the gent had some really nice vintage. I'm really glad I asked!

Among the stuff that I'm really stoked about is the MOC ESB 48 Back-C (with Revenge of the Jedi/Ackbar figure offer) and the MISB (1977) Kenner Canada Star Wars/GDE Darth Vader Bop Bag (second picture).

They made R2-D2 and Chewbacca bop bags as well. I have never seen another to date and I'd have to believe this to be an exceptionally rare production piece.

Along with the lot (third picture), I got a loose die-cast Vader TIE (along with the carded) which I quickly put in the display:

grouping.jpg

bop_bag_and_MOC_diecast.jpg

loose_diecast.jpg

One of these things is not like the other....

Do you mean the two Vaders?

A Mars Attacks retail box can bring stupid money. :preach:

A Mars Attacks retail box can bring stupid money. :preach:

As far as collectible cardboard and/or retail packaging is concerned, the header and/or cardboard displays Kenner produced and originally used to sell Star Wars figures in stores can fetch absolutely insane prices.

The earlier ones, showing the first 12 or 21 are among the rarest and most valuable, but rarer foreign released ones (i.e. Canadians) can go for good money too.

The one pictured below is a rare Canadian ESB 21 back header that currently is for sale on the RS boards for a cool $2K:

P1060051.JPG