• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,850 posts in this topic

GI Joe 155 for 50 cents is an excellent deal. That seller should have done his research. Wonder what else he has.

The last few issues of both G.I. Joe and Transformers appears to be high in demand. Don't know if the supply side is low, but the demand side is definately there. I look for these issues as well.

I normally don't 'pick' comic books, as I go after video games and related items (other than antiques). However, I may start to go after more and more.

Kind Regards,

'mint'

GI Joe 155 for 50 cents is an excellent deal. That seller should have done his research. Wonder what else he has.

The last few issues of both G.I. Joe and Transformers appears to be high in demand. Don't know if the supply side is low, but the demand side is definately there. I look for these issues as well.

I normally don't 'pick' comic books, as I go after video games and related items (other than antiques). However, I may start to go after more and more.

Kind Regards,

'mint'

The later issues of GI Joe where lower print runs so seem to be harder to find. I had a chance at 154 once at the Toronto show Keven Boyd ran but for some reason I passed on it and the guy offered me a very good price on it. I have yet to come across a 155 or 154 even since then.

Nothing. He has a permanent spot inside. I generally skip his place because it's always the same stuff. I dug through every box and picked anything good.

Well still a good find. (thumbs u

Well ,yesterday i got my very first taste in heading outside of Montreal with a buddy and going to see a pile of comics at some Antique dealer.

These were all a buck each so its nothing out of this world but i'm happy to have made the trip.

What you see here are the better ones but i also bought a lot of clunkers,drek and

reading copies...boy did i buy a lot of reading copies. lol

Gotta start somewhere right ?

IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_0593.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0591.jpg

IMG_0589.jpg

IMG_0588.jpg

IMG_0587.jpg

IMG_0586.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

Nice find! I'd be happy to stumble on something like this.

I just picked this up at a flea market, does anyone know how to tell a real one from a fake one? Thought I would ask here before google searching it.

Picture429.jpg

Picture423.jpg

Wow, how sad if it's real and someone sold it at a yard sale :(

That's exactly what I thought. :(

It looks real, but we would need to see a picture of the back of the medal and clasp to make sure (looks like a type IV). Most of the fake ones will not have the enamel work on the top (it will look like the reverse) or "For Military Merit" on the reverse of the medal.

Also did it come with the ribbon and small ribbon pin in the case?

I just picked this up at a flea market, does anyone know how to tell a real one from a fake one? Thought I would ask here before google searching it.

Picture429.jpg

Picture423.jpg

Wow, how sad if it's real and someone sold it at a yard sale :(

That's exactly what I thought. :(

Types 1, 1a, 1b, and 2 were serialized and/or personalized (1932-1943). If you have one of the older medals, then the appropriate military branch can trace the owner for you.

More info about the Purple Heart here:

http://www.purplehearts.net/id6.html

In a collection that was stored away for 17 years....oddly enough the person I bought this from told me they got the independents free from an uncle.They said their uncle had strange tastes. (thumbs u Amazed at its condition considering in long box 3/4 full since purchased and comics in that box were only bagged. Also in the collection was Grendel 1 and 2 ..no 3 though :cloud9:

In a collection that was stored away for 17 years....oddly enough the person I bought this from told me they got the independents free from an uncle.They said their uncle had strange tastes. (thumbs u Amazed at its condition considering in long box 3/4 full since purchased and comics in that box were only bagged. Also in the collection was Grendel 1 and 2 ..no 3 though :cloud9:

It's stories like this that keeps me going to yard sales digging through boxes of pure mess.

Thanks. :foryou:

It's stories like this that keeps me going to yard sales digging through boxes of pure mess.

Digging is the best part always make sure you are through. I bought the whole collection and most would of stopped digging once they saw the 100 polybagged x-force #1's that was in one box.... lol Edited by BigMan

Digging is the best part always make sure you are through. I bought the whole collection and most would of stopped digging once they saw the 100 polybagged x-force #1's that was in one box.... lol

Oh great. Now I have to dig through those boxes too. :facepalm:

:hi: everyone. I thought I would share one of my best finds!

albedo2.jpg

Finding the book is one thing. Finding it in nice condition like that is something else.

Really cool find.

Thanks! I thought so

Digging is the best part always make sure you are through. I bought the whole collection and most would of stopped digging once they saw the 100 polybagged x-force #1's that was in one box.... lol

Oh great. Now I have to dig through those boxes too. :facepalm:

YUP!! :frustrated: