• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,883 posts in this topic

Hit the local flea market yesterday and saw mostly modern drek,coverless Classic Illustrated & beat Dennis the Menace but did manage to find a copy of The Warriors on DVD and got probably the best deal of the day:a BOSE Wave Radio/CD that works great for $10.Sweet!

Nice find on the Warriors DVD, but I hope you found the original version! I was thrilled to find a very fancy looking DVD copy (to replace my decades-old VHS) of "The Director's Cut," at a garage sale a few years back. Thrilled, that is, right up until I watched it. Terrible. Completely butchered. They inserted all these comic book panel effects, that completely ruined all the great transitions in the film. Worse yet, they even inserted these ridiculous still panels in some action sequences.

I can't go into more detail though, I've tried to wipe the painful memory from my mind.

Now, of course, every time I've seen a copy of the Warriors DVD for sale since then, it's always that same terrible cut too. Argh.

Here's the box. What did I find in it?

Box.jpg

ASM #1? A double cover comic? 50 copies of X-Force #1?

I bought all of the Marvel and DCs from this box. About 72 books total. Here are some highlights.

IMAG0710.jpg

Did you think about just making a $100 offer on the whole box once you saw a few "hits"? (assuming he/she charged you $2 per book you would have come out even further ahead). I find a lot of times people like the clean sweep offer even if its for less money total just to get it sold. Plus there's something about offering $100 that makes people jump..

Did you think about just making a $100 offer on the whole box once you saw a few "hits"? (assuming he/she charged you $2 per book you would have come out even further ahead). I find a lot of times people like the clean sweep offer even if its for less money total just to get it sold. Plus there's something about offering $100 that makes people jump..

I tried to make an offer on the whole box. They didn't go for it.

Here's the box. What did I find in it?

Box.jpg

ASM #1? A double cover comic? 50 copies of X-Force #1?

I bought all of the Marvel and DCs from this box. About 72 books total. Here are some highlights.

IMAG0710.jpg

Holy Stromboli Batman! Great find! (worship)

As I was digging through the box, I started seeing copies of Amazing Fantasy. Had my fingers :wishluck:

IMAG0711.jpg

IMAG0712.jpg

DAMN! Those are some nice mid grades! (worship)

Florida SUCKS for garage sales or flea markets. If its a GA/SA book, you are VERY lucky if its even a 1.0. Even the BA/CA/moderns are pretty freaking beat from the heat and humidity :sorry:

As I was digging through the box, I started seeing copies of Amazing Fantasy. Had my fingers :wishluck:

IMAG0711.jpg

IMAG0712.jpg

DAMN! Those are some nice mid grades! (worship)

Florida SUCKS for garage sales or flea markets. If its a GA/SA book, you are VERY lucky if its even a 1.0. Even the BA/CA/moderns are pretty freaking beat from the heat and humidity :sorry:

And the bugs down there love comic books.