• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,850 posts in this topic

That's hitting a jackpot! Congrats. It's sometimes worth the dig even if it seems hopeless. I found a mid grade Superman #22 in a magazine box filled with new warriors and X-force #1's at a flea market a long time ago. Since then stacks of X-force no longer deter me. :)

In a collection that was stored away for 17 years....oddly enough the person I bought this from told me they got the independents free from an uncle.They said their uncle had strange tastes. (thumbs u Amazed at its condition considering in long box 3/4 full since purchased and comics in that box were only bagged. Also in the collection was Grendel 1 and 2 ..no 3 though :cloud9:

It's stories like this that keeps me going to yard sales digging through boxes of pure mess.

Thanks. :foryou:

Digging is the best part always make sure you are through. I bought the whole collection and most would of stopped digging once they saw the 100 polybagged x-force #1's that was in one box.... lol

I like Zooey. Ever since "Elf" she's been on my celebrity get out of jail free card list. She's an extraordinary talent. She's hot, and she has a beautiful singing voice. I've seen "She and Him" a few times and along with M. Ward she puts on a great show. I'm assuming your assertion of her being a "twitbag[sic]" is based mostly on her successful Fox show 'New Girl"? Maybe you don't like her character on the show. Maybe you're just sick of seeing her all over everything from magazine covers to phone commercials. With most talented people it's only a matter of time before they are overexposed. So to answer your question; I'm a fan. That's why most people have avatars, or animated gifs, pics etc. Why do you always say "Peace" at the end of your postings? Are you a fan? :baiting:

Why do you always have a sig with an animated gif of some really hot chick next to an animated gif of that twitbag Zooey Douchebagel?

Peace,

Chip

Awesome find!

Vintage Lego Set. When I say vintage I mean vintage. It is in it's original box and is set number 725. It reads 'Lego System by Samsonite.'

It is the Town Plan building set. Paid $4 for it!

Kind Regards,

'mint'

Happy 'picking!'

I'm a 1st year vendor at the local Monday Flea Market with Memorial Day being the start of the summer long event. I found some great items there last year and was hoping to get to pick the other booths before we opened(8am). Did not happen as everyone was running around like their pants were on fire to get their booths ready. Finally got to poke my nose around the event around noon and came across a mammoth both that had a little of everything. I chatted up the owner a bit before taking look and noticed he had comic books. He had a box of them labeled $1 each. Here's what I found:

th_DSC00634.jpg th_DSC00633.jpg

Yeah, they're extremely beat up but it was a great find, IMHO. He had numerous Four Color books. Said him and his wife buy up comic auctions looking for Disney books and they sell the rest. I told him I collect the superhero comics and he said he ahad a bunch at home and he'll bring 'em in next week. We all know how that usually goes but a man can dream, right?

Books are:

-Action Comics #105 &117

-Captain Marvel #68 & 79

-Doll Man #12

-Flash Comics 75

-Marvel Family #10

-Mary Marvel #12

-Steve Canyon #2

Edited by Jaded Savage

I'm a 1st year vendor at the local Monday Flea Market with Memorial Day being the start of the summer long event. I found some great items there last year and was hoping to get to pick the other booths before we opened(8am). Did not happen as everyone was running around like their pants were on fire to get their booths ready. Finally got to poke my nose around the event around noon and came across a mammoth both that had a little of everything. I chatted up the owner a bit before taking look and noticed he had comic books. He had a box of them labeled $1 each. Here's what I found:

Yeah, they're extremely beat up but it was a great find, IMHO. He had numerous Four Color books. Said him and his wife buy up comic auctions looking for Disney books and they sell the rest. I told him I collect the superhero comics and he said he ahad a bunch at home and he'll bring 'em in next week. We all know how that usually goes but a man can dream, right?

Books are:

-Action Comics #105 &117

-Captain Marvel #68 & 79

-Doll Man #12

-Flash Comics 75

-Marvel Family #10

-Mary Marvel #12

-Steve Canyon #2

:censored: all i find is drek.

Books are:

-Action Comics #105 &117

-Captain Marvel #68 & 79

-Doll Man #12

-Flash Comics 75

-Marvel Family #10

-Mary Marvel #12

-Steve Canyon #2

Assuming that these all grade at 2.0 (and some appear higher), then, per Overstreet, this haul is worth about $408.

You paid only $9?

Wow! Deal of the year!

I actually bought 10 of them the other one is Boys Commandos #25 but the cover is detached and split at the spine. I put it in the recyclables. He had more issues of the Commandos but all displayed the same defects. detached cover and/or split spines.

I actually bought 10 of them the other one is Boys Commandos #25 but the cover is detached and split at the spine. I put it in the recyclables. He had more issues of the Commandos but all displayed the same defects. detached cover and/or split spines.

You threw away a vintage comic book?

I hope you're joking.

You probably could have sold that book for double what you paid for your whole stack ...

A Boy Commandos 25 in FA is $12.50, and in PR, $6.25 (or thereabouts, but that's how I calculate sub GD grades).

So it's around $8 - $10.....