• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,899 posts in this topic

On 4/24/2022 at 3:08 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

I think that's a good idea, Bob. My old 'Gold Key' top isn't designed for this spinner. It might be a 'Hey Kids! Comics!' top I need to be on the hunt for.

20220424_160139.jpg

20220424_160041.jpg

If I'm honest, and from looking at other's, that was my 1st impression, "Hey, Kids Comics!" 
:cheers: glad you brought it home!

On 4/24/2022 at 1:08 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

I think that's a good idea, Bob. My old 'Gold Key' top isn't designed for this spinner. It might be a 'Hey Kids! Comics!' top I need to be on the hunt for.

20220424_160139.jpg

20220424_160041.jpg

Great Gold Key top! Never seen one of those. On comic racks, I think most of the money is in the top.

And, yes, I think your top is one of those “Hey Kids Comics” tops. 

On 4/21/2022 at 6:14 PM, jcjames said:

Congratulations.... again!! :golfclap:

ABB

Always Be Buying (thumbsu

ETA: If there's a story to tell, do tell!

It involved so much physical energy, anxiety, traffic ticket.. it’s one of those way too good priced collections that if I didn’t buy it some dealer would. And little did I know a dealer was actually in his van on his way to buy the collection but I had already purchased it. (He lives very far, I live close). [An inside friend told me this info]. {lol}

Edited by littledoom

On 4/24/2022 at 3:45 PM, Robot Man said:

Great Gold Key top! Never seen one of those. On comic racks, I think most of the money is in the top.

And, yes, I think your top is one of those “Hey Kids Comics” tops. 

whew! I wasn't sure, due to the paint job, I'd be ??? but looks like op had some knowledge :wishluck: before purchase. :cheers: 

On 4/24/2022 at 3:45 PM, littledoom said:

It involved so much physical energy, anxiety, traffic ticket.. it’s one of those way too good priced collections that if I didn’t buy it some dealer would. And little did I know a dealer was actually on his van on his way to buy the collection but I had already purchased it. (He lives very far)

Man a ticket is tough. Lord willing when you caught your breath it was love at 1st sight, lol:x 

We've been there :wavingwhiteflag:it is hard sllooooooow down! :roflmao: 

On 4/25/2022 at 6:45 AM, littledoom said:

It involved so much physical energy, anxiety, traffic ticket.. it’s one of those way too good priced collections that if I didn’t buy it some dealer would. And little did I know a dealer was actually in his van on his way to buy the collection but I had already purchased it. (He lives very far, I live close). [An inside friend told me this info]. {lol}

Thats very poor from the seller.

I'd imagine the dealer would be royally pizzed.

On 4/24/2022 at 5:56 PM, Beige said:

Thats very poor from the seller.

I'd imagine the dealer would be royally pizzed.

Yeah, idk why the dealer would be on his way without guarantees. Usually you have to space out meeting times and give the whole “if the other guy flakes I’ll let you know”. Two ppl shouldn’t be heading to the same private deal

Edited by littledoom

On 4/25/2022 at 12:05 AM, Beyonder123 said:

No comics at this garage sale, but that's fine. Found the first 3 star wars films sealed in their original shrink wrap. Apparently they are rarer red label versions. There are some crazyyyyyy high completed listing on ebay for other sealed copies.

20220424_220325.jpg

Those are a great find. Yes the prices have gone WAY up on sealed copies. Congratulations!

On 4/25/2022 at 1:05 AM, Beyonder123 said:

No comics at this garage sale, but that's fine. Found the first 3 star wars films sealed in their original shrink wrap. Apparently they are rarer red label versions. There are some crazyyyyyy high completed listing on ebay for other sealed copies.

20220424_220325.jpg

I can confirm that those are desired. My brother scored the first one this past year, rougher shape than yours by far, and made out well off of a $1 investment. 

On 4/25/2022 at 11:56 AM, comicginger1789 said:

Seems a smidge high. To me, the value is in the design on the placard on top. Plus as someone else mentioned, it appears someone painted it at one point. 

The header is too smooth to not have been touched up, so purple label of death for the header. The difficulty in finding them period justifies the smidge, methinks. Now, if you want hardcore smidge, check this one out ...

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-comics-graphic-novels/barrie/rare-1950s-dell-comics-spinner-rack-with-50-dell-comic-books/1496632517

On 4/25/2022 at 9:58 AM, comicginger1789 said:

I can confirm that those are desired. My brother scored the first one this past year, rougher shape than yours by far, and made out well off of a $1 investment. 

Sealed VHS can do well with the right crowds. 

Horror sealed VHS is another very strong seller.   I picked up a set of Nightmare on Elm St recently.

Patrick

On 4/25/2022 at 11:39 AM, F For Fake said:

Spring has sprung, it was a gorgeous weekend, and garage sales have started up in earnest. Didn't find much for myself, but there's a father/son team that does a sort of pop-up comic shop in their garage, and this was their "opening day" for the season. Didn't find much in comics that I needed (did grab those Pepoy Archie variants for $4, and Gen 13 newsstands were a buck, which they threw in for free) but they did have some cool toys. I really liked this Big Blast line from Graphitti when it came out. Wish it hadn't fizzled after two waves (three if you count the Kevin Smith stuff, I guess.) The scale was odd, didn't really fit with any other lines, so I guess that didn't help things, but for 1998 the sculpts, accessories, and artwork were top notch. 

They also had several Toy Biz box sets, which were a nostalgic kick. I picked up this X-men set for $25, I may go back for some more in the coming weeks if they haven't already sold.

It was nice to get up to a sunny, 70's-80's day and go hunting. The best time of the year!

IMG_5761.JPG

IMG_5762.JPG

IMG_5763.JPG

IMG_5764.JPG

Nice x men danger room pick ups!:x