• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,892 posts in this topic

On 5/31/2022 at 12:36 PM, F For Fake said:

We did some travelling this weekend, and the missus dropped me off at a Peddlers Mall to dig around while she did her own shopping, thus saving me from another trip to Kohls.

Anyway, nothing explosive, but I found lots of the kinds of books I enjoy finding in dollar bins: more Aliens books for the hoard, and some of the random cheap things I "spec".hoard for a dollar: JLI 12 (1st appearance of Ice II), JLI 31 (1st Adam Hughes DC work), DC Presents 46 (1st Global Guardians...kinda), LoSH 298 (1st Amethyst), etc. No one else is really looking for these, or cares at all, but when I find them for a buck, I buy them. Everything was a dollar except for the DCP 46's, and even those (and many of the dollar books) were on sale at 25% off.

I should be able to squeeze a few bucks out of the Gore Shriek and the FF newsstands, and the rest go into my coffers. It was a fun way to kill 90 minutes, and certainly beats sitting outside of the fitting rooms while the wife tries on skirts.

IMG_6513.JPG

IMG_6514.JPG

IMG_6515.JPG

IMG_6517.JPG

IMG_6518.JPG

IMG_6519.JPG

Newsstand FF 1 and 2 are a nice find!

On 6/1/2022 at 2:36 AM, F For Fake said:

We did some travelling this weekend, and the missus dropped me off at a Peddlers Mall to dig around while she did her own shopping, thus saving me from another trip to Kohls.

Anyway, nothing explosive, but I found lots of the kinds of books I enjoy finding in dollar bins: more Aliens books for the hoard, and some of the random cheap things I "spec".hoard for a dollar: JLI 12 (1st appearance of Ice II), JLI 31 (1st Adam Hughes DC work), DC Presents 46 (1st Global Guardians...kinda), LoSH 298 (1st Amethyst), etc. No one else is really looking for these, or cares at all, but when I find them for a buck, I buy them. Everything was a dollar except for the DCP 46's, and even those (and many of the dollar books) were on sale at 25% off.

I should be able to squeeze a few bucks out of the Gore Shriek and the FF newsstands, and the rest go into my coffers. It was a fun way to kill 90 minutes, and certainly beats sitting outside of the fitting rooms while the wife tries on skirts.

IMG_6513.JPG

IMG_6514.JPG

IMG_6515.JPG

IMG_6517.JPG

IMG_6518.JPG

IMG_6519.JPG

You can never have too many 1st apps of Amethyst

On 5/31/2022 at 9:56 PM, FlyingDonut said:

Newsstand FF 1 and 2 are a nice find!

Thanks! I was flipping through a box and did a double take, literally flipped past them and then went back as I thought I spied that UPC. I don't think I've ever had a newsstand of this title before, so I think it's at least uncommon. Had to pick them up!

On 6/1/2022 at 12:49 AM, Beige said:

You can never have too many 1st apps of Amethyst

I totally agree! I dig Amethyst, I dig LoSH, and I also love that cover, so it's a book I'm always looking for on the cheap. 

On 6/1/2022 at 8:22 AM, F For Fake said:

Thanks! I was flipping through a box and did a double take, literally flipped past them and then went back as I thought I spied that UPC. I don't think I've ever had a newsstand of this title before, so I think it's at least uncommon. Had to pick them up!

I don't remember seeing those books at regular newsstands (grocery stores, convenient stores) but Books-A-Million and places like that had piles and piles, back in the day.  I've never found one but that doesn't mean much because I've never looked (shrug)

On 6/1/2022 at 10:28 AM, Beastfeast said:

I don't remember seeing those books at regular newsstands (grocery stores, convenient stores) but Books-A-Million and places like that had piles and piles, back in the day.  I've never found one but that doesn't mean much because I've never looked (shrug)

I think it's definitely worth the buck I spent, whereas I wouldn't have even spent $1 on the direct book.

On 6/1/2022 at 10:35 AM, F For Fake said:

I think it's definitely worth the buck I spent, whereas I wouldn't have even spent $1 on the direct book.

Oh, don't get me wrong.  It's absolutely worth a $1 and I'd buy it in a second if I saw it.  

On 6/1/2022 at 10:57 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Picture from an Estate Sale ad which unhappily is just a bit too far from me - up in the Seattle area

emumclaw.jpg

Ooh, I'm in the Seattle area. Were'd you see the ad?

On 6/1/2022 at 11:57 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Picture from an Estate Sale ad which unhappily is just a bit too far from me - up in the Seattle area

emumclaw.jpg

Looks like bait to me.  Used cans of spray paint, Christmas decorations, and a stack of Spider-Man comics.  

They are going to say there are more in the basement and there they will make sausage out of every comic nerd who shows up.

On 6/3/2022 at 1:22 PM, Beastfeast said:

Yesterday was a WILD adventure in looking at collections in the south. 

1st was way out in the literal middle of no where.  The town only had a church and 2 houses that flanked it.  I didn't see another house for 30 minutes before the one the books were at.  Ended up being a kid selling his brother's comics.  He wanted way too much for everything so I did the @shadroch method and told him I'd take 50 books at the price I would be willing to buy all of them.  He let me take the 50 and I don't have to deal with 5 long boxes of the most unsellable junk.  Nothing super exciting but enough to justify the trip.

The 2nd was one of the more messed up I've ever experienced.  Responded to an OfferUp ad at 9:30 PM where he had UXM266, NM87 and late 80s/early 90s keys pictured.  Dude answers the door and his place is WRECKED.  He tells me it's because his crazy ex broke into his house and smashed all his stuff so he had to "fortify" the doors and windows so she doesn't come back.  He's talking a mile a minute about kids and baby-mommas and for sure was meth'd out.  I gave him the cash, we talked for a second about I don't even know what.  As I'm walking out, there's a dude I hadn't seen until this point who's passed out while sort of standing, sort of leaning his face against the wall near the door - shirtless and FILTHY.  The guy I bought the books from kicks him and he wakes up and starts slapping the door knob and being erratic and talking gibberish.  Then I noticed the pipe, tin foil and lighter.  But it was weird because I've certainly never passed out like that from freebasing so I'm guessing heroine?  Maybe opium?  

Pics or it didn't happen. :cheers: