• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,883 posts in this topic

On 6/28/2022 at 9:14 AM, spreads said:

Was there anything else?  

I bought a Secret Wars 1-12 set from the guy the week before for a good price and asked if he had anything else.  He got back to me with a list of books but they were WAY overpriced, except for this.  

On 6/29/2022 at 4:07 PM, jcjames said:

Found a 5"x5" tin box for a buck-ish at an antique store.

But I don't know what to put in it. Any ideas?

20220629_130318.thumb.jpg.920e5e4924dd4ba39722ed6cc0921b71.jpg

Was searching for ideas found this....not really related but could be aplied in your context a bitRegarde ce que j'ai trouvé sur Etsy : https://www.etsy.com/ca-fr/listing/1021188702/boite-a-livres-charniere-cachee-taille?ref=share_v4_lx

On 6/29/2022 at 5:05 PM, Namtak said:

Was searching for ideas found this....not really related but could be aplied in your context a bitRegarde ce que j'ai trouvé sur Etsy : https://www.etsy.com/ca-fr/listing/1021188702/boite-a-livres-charniere-cachee-taille?ref=share_v4_lx

Neat! Reminds me.... At some point used cigar boxes became a thing I've been seeing piles of at antique stores. Some are decent sized. I picked up at least a dozen or more used Arturo Fuente and New World cigar boxes for a buck each a few months ago. And again, now I gotta find a use for them! :D

Edited by jcjames

On 6/29/2022 at 4:07 PM, jcjames said:

Found a 5"x5" tin box for a buck-ish at an antique store.

But I don't know what to put in it. Any ideas?

20220629_130318.thumb.jpg.920e5e4924dd4ba39722ed6cc0921b71.jpg

The suggestions here are better - but this is the actual source most likely…. My son had a Marvel wallet and it came in a box similar to this.  I found this one on eBay, not the exact same but had to be where this is from.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Comics-Tri-Fold-Wallet-Captain-America-Genuine-Leather-with-Box-NEW-/263802147614?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

On 7/1/2022 at 12:51 PM, srezvan said:

Yard sale advertised comics today at 8 am. No photos or description. I got there at 7:50. Comics were long gone. Guy came and bought them all, they said. Don't know what's worse: missing out or not knowing what was there? Maybe it's a tie. 

buy em all sounds like a swap meet dealer. It's not all gems. Could be junk with some gems mixed in.

On 7/1/2022 at 3:42 PM, littledoom said:

buy em all sounds like a swap meet dealer. It's not all gems. Could be junk with some gems mixed in.

For sure. While it’s always possible there were some gems, there are a lot of folks out there buying up every comic they see because they know comics are “hot”. I used to hit a lot of estate auctions, but I haven’t been in a while, because a few years ago there were suddenly a bunch of new people driving up prices on junk, never mind the good stuff. It’s like with my family and friends who know I sell comics come to me with their score, and I have to let them down gently that they aren’t sitting on a gold mine. Old doesn’t always mean valuable, unfortunately.