• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay...FAIL!

532 posts in this topic

:bump:

Just spoke with an ebayer that won an ASM 6 and the Xmen 2 from makemeanofferandwin and cdpaoli. He gave both books to CGC to get signed by Stan Lee....i have a feeling this isn't going to be so good. :tonofbricks:

Ugh what did he say when you informed him of their past shenanigans?

He's probably passed out on the floor.

DR.X

lol

Ah,yea,he wasn't too thrilled to hear my little "books were probably either cgc restored grade or lower grade prior" and cracked out message to him.I sent him a link to this thread like i do all that i contact,when i stumble accross winners of those auctions.So hopefully he read this thread....

He said he will let me know what happens...

looks like he also bought another avengers 2 recently...so could be that one for sale now.

also noticed he has an asm 14 6.0 for sale...and recently bought an asm 14 (used to be a cgc 4.0?) looks like a trend

Sorry guys I had family over for two weeks. I'm going to start stirring things up with this. First I'm going to send Ebay a letter of intent to file with the CA Attorney Generals Office and name them as part of this. I may contact these sellers directly. I'll let you know what's going on as I get more info.

These clowns, can anyone give me a list of auction numbers (bought) (sold) and which bidders / sellers? If I give Ebay an example of a few and make it clear that they were informed and it will be noted on the complaint they may shut down their accounts until they can look into it. We're talking about makemeanofferandwin, lexerific, aram321 and cdpaoli; correct?

Sorry guys I had family over for two weeks. I'm going to start stirring things up with this. First I'm going to send Ebay a letter of intent to file with the CA Attorney Generals Office and name them as part of this. I may contact these sellers directly. I'll let you know what's going on as I get more info.

These clowns, can anyone give me a list of auction numbers (bought) (sold) and which bidders / sellers? If I give Ebay an example of a few and make it clear that they were informed and it will be noted on the complaint they may shut down their accounts until they can look into it. We're talking about makemeanofferandwin, lexerific, aram321 and cdpaoli; correct?

Yes those are the correct 4 accounts of the cartel in question...

Here's one of the latest lexerific scams...

Ebay sale...same PGX book cracked out and offered as unrestored... :boo:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290487144420&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:1123

B5VPc3wCWkKGrHqEOKiUEyUkMKUwhBMtMd2CyVQ_3.jpg

PGX restored book...

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch%5Fadv%2Easp%3Fall%3Dy%26TITLE%3Dfour%26TITLEOPT%3DALL%26ISSUE%3D6%26Condition%3D%26ConditionTo%3D%26CensusRank%3D%26SearchPageQuality%3D%26Pedigree%3D%26PRICEF%3D%26PRICET%3D%26DESCRIPTION%3D%26DESCRIPTIONOPT%3DALL%26SearchRemarks%3D%26SearchCGC%3D%26EXCLUDE%3D%26CATEGORIES%3D%2D1%26WCATEGORIES%3D%2D1%26SORT%3DCATEG%26%5Fwhere%5Fforsale%3Dy%26%5Fwhere%5Fauctions%3Dy%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26where%5Fforsale%3Dy&id=860608

RAD65C772010910_124331.jpg

And as was previously recommended...PM Warren Oates I believe he has most of the previous direct examples cached...when I get a chance I will go through my files but I have an extremely busy week I'm looking at...

I contacted Ebay Corporate direct. Let's see if anything happens in the next couple of weeks. Let them investigate it and let them determine if anything was done wrong. If they don't act and someone gets burned I'll be more than happy to attest that I notified them and then you can go after Ebay directly since "they were informed".

I contacted Ebay Corporate direct. Let's see if anything happens in the next couple of weeks. Let them investigate it and let them determine if anything was done wrong. If they don't act and someone gets burned I'll be more than happy to attest that I notified them and then you can go after Ebay directly since "they were informed".

I have never bought a book off of E-bay and probably never will. Nonetheless, on behalf of the collecting community (well, at least the legitimate and ethical ones), thank you! (thumbs u

General Alert On Behalf Of Fellow Boardies... :bump:

This thread really should be stickied....

I think it would be beneficial to have a thread with an ongoing list of known eBay scammers.

General Alert On Behalf Of Fellow Boardies... :bump:

This thread really should be stickied....

I think it would be beneficial to have a thread with an ongoing list of known eBay scammers.

I was wondering if the seller known as: collectors_comics has been linked to these other clowns-same M.O: sells lots of higher grade sought-after silver age books, lots of photos in the listing- and a California address. sounds like the same party to me-I googled that name, but no dirt came up. Anyone have more info? By the way, I filed a report with the FBI on Lexerific aka. Narbeh, but they only let you do it online (when I called and tried to speak with a real person, they still told me I had to do it online)I explained I was scammed and then directed them to this thread so they can read all about this guy(s).Hopefully they will. The last time I filed a report with them on another matter, it took them several weeks to get back to me.

Has anyone ever tried reporting them to the US Postal Inspector? I have a friend who's ex-law enforcement, and he tells me that as lame as it sounds, they're actually a pretty powerful group. Since everything they buy and sell goes USPS, it might be worth a try (especially since it sounds like the FBI online complaint won't go anywhere...)

Part of the problem is that they are not doing anything illegal - unethical, yes...., but illegal?