• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bad transaction between me and Forum member GreatEscape

308 posts in this topic

I don’t think it’s fair for me to pay you for CGC page quality…if restoration were found (which is either there or not), that would be different.

I can appreciate your disappointment on the CGC grade but all collectors have experienced this (even on the boards) and I’ve had my share of + and -. It was not restored and I disagree with CGC’s assessment of page quality

So what about you listing this book as "VG/FN (5.0)with nice off-white pages" and it coming back as a 2.5.

Do you also disagree with the grade CGC gave this book, or so you still stand by your own grade ?

It might have been a grade drop due the brittle pages.

This is why I asked to see a scan of the book many pages back.

It would be nice to see exibit A (the book itself) before passing judgement.

Dino:

After hearing both sides of the story, I feel that Andy should be compensated at least 100% of the purchase price. It doesn't matter wether or not you sold a book to a board member through ebay or the boards. It's my sugestion that you pay him or it will drastically hurt your reputation as a seller on these boards.

Mike

Edited! $750 to make the transaction right.

I respect everyone's opinions and therefore I'll be sending $750 to Andy to resolve this. It is, however, disheartening that this forum-- as a defacto public jury-- would see so many serve judgment before hearing both sides. :(

Dino

Sorry, mate, but you didn't have a 'side'.

You have not contradicted anything Andy said and you have given no reasonable justification for your actions. It was clear cut from the get-go. (thumbs u

I agree. I appreciate Dino in presenting his case/information but the answer is simple and clear.

Yo Andy! It is good to see a resolution in sight (redundantly repetitive?) (thumbs u

One problem with brittle, besides damaging one's teeth, is just a small amount of brittle is too much. :( Even if the book were deacidified the strength of the brittle areas would not be impacted and would be flakes waiting to happen.

But I digress. Hoping everything resolves to your satisfaction!

My Remains,

Pov

This is why you should never offer "partial refunds". If the buyer isn't happy with the book, take it back no questions asked. Partial refunds always end up only making people "partially happy."

On big books true.

But on the smaller ones, sometimes it isn't worth the shipping.

This is why you should never offer "partial refunds". If the buyer isn't happy with the book, take it back no questions asked. Partial refunds always end up only making people "partially happy."

Partial refunds are also a buyer's ploy on ebay to get a better deal from the seller. Don't like the book in hand? Send it back!

(thumbs u

Hey Chris. My listing description was VG to VF/F with the disclosure of the spine splits...appearance, structure and sharp corners were VF or better.

3396024433_71f64b1c89_m.jpg

Posted in "Spare a grade" forum and opinions ranged from 2.5 to 5.0. Similarly, found this in other grading thread:

"I also know from first hand experience that a Q8.5 book with a 1.5" spine split can be resubmitted to CGC for a 5.0 Universal grade. Based on my experience with CGC and the OGG standards, up to a 2" spine split are an acceptable flaw at 5.0 and below."

"I agree with that. I helped the 'Trooper get one of his mini-grails last year and it looked between 8.5 and 9.0 but with a 2" and a 1 1/4" spine split, it was graded out at 4.0 or so, maybe 4.5."

I remember this book! I almost bid on this as well. Sorry to see that this turned into a mess... :(....at least Dino is refunding.. :applause:..even if it took this thread to get 'er done. :slapfight:

Maybe we can let this go people?Andy and Dino have settled this matter with a refund from Dino.If they are ok (pending refund)maybe we should be too.

I agree, this thread needs to be put to rest.

DRX

Maybe we can let this go people?Andy and Dino have settled this matter with a refund from Dino.If they are ok (pending refund)maybe we should be too.

I agree, this thread needs to be put to rest.

DRX

I love this thread, but sometimes you just need to put it down.

9780064403825.jpg

I may get flammed for this...but one of these guys--Dino--Golddust refunded my money on a credit card--so I never got a 100% refund. Kinda if you ask me.

Since you can't seem to recall which one it was, I would drop it.

The 3% you lost isn't worth dragging the innocent one's name through the mud for.

Wise words right there.....wise words

Agreed, FD is spot-on.

Yo Andy! It is good to see a resolution in sight (redundantly repetitive?) (thumbs u

One problem with brittle, besides damaging one's teeth, is just a small amount of brittle is too much. :( Even if the book were deacidified the strength of the brittle areas would not be impacted and would be flakes waiting to happen.

But I digress. Hoping everything resolves to your satisfaction!

My Remains,

Pov

Hey Pov,

I admit I'd wondered about what deacidification could do with brittle pages - thanks for clearing that up.

"My Remains". lol