• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Hitler And Axis Covers Comics Do You Have?
11 11

1,134 posts in this topic

Both have 3 recorded sales that I can see on gpa. The 2 seems to get slightly higher prices though.

I do like my 4 but would love to pick up a 2 at some point. I think I like that cover a bit more.

No one ever replies to my posts here… :(

Have no fear vaillant, I'l reply to your query about Bomber Comics.

Is Bomber #4 scarcer than the previous ones?

I was mostly interested in #2, but just curious…

P.S. Thanks Marty for adding me as a "friend" on Flickr. (thumbs u

There are:

-7 copies of #4 in the census

-5 copies of #3

-5 copies of #2

-11 copies of #1

So #4 doesn't appear to be more rare, but it is a pretty cool cover - one that people probably hang on to - so it may be tougher to pick up.

Thanks Jimbo! (thumbs u

Hey Twistty. my question was just a few posts before! :D

Great book...love it! This is one of the titles I never picked-up for some reason.

mm

Edited by Marty Mann

allnew_zps11ee2efb.jpg

I remember when this was the poor man's Suspense #3 - but a pricy book in it's own right these days.

[font:Times New Roman]Very true. For reference, here's an image of Suspense #3 (the ltd. ed. print) pulled off the web...

SchomSuspense.jpg

...and another intense Schomburg cover sporting a similar motif worthy of the Suspense #3 classic status:

4eaab5aa-8c4d-4c21-8cdd-5df5f8ee7de9_zpsa6e65d43.jpg

This one seems to eschew the nazi element, but there is a consistent theme. :o

I wonder if there are other Schomburg covers out there which rise to this level of woman-in-bondage mayhem (klan-robed secret societies sacrificing scantily clad blondes)?[/font] hm

They don't get any whiter than this one! A VERY RARE issue with a Hitler, Tojo & Mussolini cover. I think it's a pretty special book.

Speed24MH_zpsbf5901f2.jpg

Church copy? (worship)

Speed Comics in general? :applause:

Tough to find Hitler cover? (thumbs u

White cover with white pages? :whee:

Other than that... zzz

They don't get any whiter than this one! A VERY RARE issue with a Hitler, Tojo & Mussolini cover. I think it's a pretty special book.

[font:Times New Roman]Awesome book, West. :applause:

Here's another Harvey war cover with Schomburg style mayhem, snagged from Verzyl at SDCC... :insane:

a8261db8-f64f-45f6-8249-1c686c326dd4_zps893f978a.jpg

Interesting factoid: A coin was involved in the transaction and Gator's flipping prowess was utilized.[/font] :grin:

Stunning! (worship)

this one just in. I'm pretty excited about it. It's only the 2nd copy ever graded and most other copies i've seen are pretty beat up. The only other one on the census is a 9.6, which i'm assuming is the Mile High copy. This looks even better in person. The scan makes the stain look more prominent than it is, which is the reason for the grade. However, the spine is in great shape, the staples are tight and the white cover looks great.

140927.jpg.1c4d88e3c0d15e32532dbece09c9addb.jpg

this one just in. I'm pretty excited about it. It's only the 2nd copy ever graded and most other copies i've seen are pretty beat up. The only other one on the census is a 9.6, which i'm assuming is the Mile High copy. This looks even better in person. The scan makes the stain look more prominent than it is, which is the reason for the grade. However, the spine is in great shape, the staples are tight and the white cover looks great.

140927.jpg

I saw when it hit ebay. I knew it would not last long. VERY RARE above VG

140927.jpg

I saw when it hit ebay. I knew it would not last long. VERY RARE above VG

How did I miss that one?! :frustrated:

Congratulations! Great looking book!