• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets See those WWII Japanese Covers
8 8

915 posts in this topic

Your racist attitude is compelling. Don' t try to hide it behind humour.

Your political correctness is equally compelling. Though it is beginning to border on tiresome.

Look, the mods changed the title, as they probably should have long ago.

But to start calling someone racist over an Aussie joke is more reflective on your problem than anyone else's. Give it a rest. You are new here. You won your battle. Congrats. Now let us look at our cool old funnybooks.

Aussie

This article is about the slang word for an Australian. For the Australian dollar also known as the "Aussie", see Australian dollar. For other uses, see Aussie (disambiguation).

Your racist attitude is compelling. Don' t try to hide it behind humour.

the japanese are a separate race now?

Look, the mods changed the title, as they probably should have long ago.

But to start calling someone racist over an Aussie joke is more reflective on your problem than anyone else's. Give it a rest. You are new here. You won your battle. Congrats. Now let us look at our cool old funnybooks.

you gotta give him credit for that; he definitely had it nipped in the bud.

Hmm. I guess my problem is im not white and that I'm new here.

I usually try to avoid these kinds of discussions on the boards. But, I would hope that everyone can lighten up a bit (and I would include some of our distinguished senior members in that) or this thread is going to be pulled by the mods. And, as evidenced by the number of posts I've made to this thread, this is one of my favorites.

loulou7980, I don't think anyone here is concerned about your ethnicity. I think some of the boardies are just poking a bit of fun at some of your hyperbole and grandiose statements. Mmhedy got lambasted for coming on and declaring himself “King of Comics” and Earthshaker01 was recently advised to turn it down a notch with the constant references to his comics being “the finest example in existence.” (On a side note, that, along with some of the writing style, made me wonder if they are the same guy)

As to the second part, being new here... absolutely! I think you are getting a bit of the hazing that seems to be pointed towards all new members. Welcome to the boards!

I think it is quite admirable that you made an effort to change the title of this thread. When Ferdelance started it, I wondered how long it would be before someone made mention of it. It actually took longer than I thought.

Is the title change a good thing? Sure. Is it going to usher in a new dawning of racial harmony and world peace? Or, as you put it, “This is the right stance towards equality and basic human rights. A truly a great moment of change.” C'mon, dude, this is a comic book chat board. I'm not sure future generations will look back on this as the defining moment of a "golden age" of racial tolerance. That’s what the guys are poking fun at.

And just so you know, I was born in Tokyo to a Japanese mother and an American father. :foryou:

Hmm. I guess my problem is im not white and that I'm new here.

I usually try to avoid these kinds of discussions on the boards. But, I would hope that everyone can lighten up a bit (and I would include some of our distinguished senior members in that) or this thread is going to be pulled by the mods. And, as evidenced by the number of posts I've made to this thread, this is one of my favorites.

loulou7980, I don't think anyone here is concerned about your ethnicity. I think some of the boardies are just poking a bit of fun at some of your hyperbole and grandiose statements. Mmhedy got lambasted for coming on and declaring himself “King of Comics” and Earthshaker01 was recently advised to turn it down a notch with the constant references to his comics being “the finest example in existence.” (On a side note, that, along with some of the writing style, made me wonder if they are the same guy)

As to the second part, being new here... absolutely! I think you are getting a bit of the hazing that seems to be pointed towards all new members. Welcome to the boards!

I think it is quite admirable that you made an effort to change the title of this thread. When Ferdelance started it, I wondered how long it would be before someone made mention of it. It actually took longer than I thought.

Is the title change a good thing? Sure. Is it going to usher in a new dawning of racial harmony and world peace? Or, as you put it, “This is the right stance towards equality and basic human rights. A truly a great moment of change.” C'mon, dude, this is a comic book chat board. I'm not sure future generations will look back on this as the defining moment of a "golden age" of racial tolerance. That’s what the guys are poking fun at.

And just so you know, I was born in Tokyo to a Japanese mother and an American father. :foryou:

i don't know about distinguished, but i'm definitely senior, and more so every day. consider me lightened up, walter. and nice post.

I'm just proud of the human race that we've got 2 or 3 pages into a discussion on racism and nobody has spelled it "rascist".

Good job guys, incremental progress.

i only use it when the racist is a rascal, as well.

It's hard to have a WWII cover thread without racism being proudly featured. It was part of the cultural fabric at the time and a concerted effort on the part of the US to demonize the enemy. It is part of the allure for these covers in that they encapsulate a significant moment in cultural history. The Timely covers seem to feature more charicature covers with Germans than other titles did but they all resort to gruesome portrayals of the Japanese. The portrayals of blacks is equally bad but leans toward the 'ignorant' as opposed to the demonic.

Part of the enjoyment I get out of GA comics is relating the material to the mindset of the American public at the time as it cycles from silly cartoons to war to horror to fluff and to superheroes.

beautiful stuff, sir, as always.

Thank you Mr. Parker. But I will know I have finally arrived when you call me 'geek' instead of 'sir.'