• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets See those WWII Japanese Covers
8 8

915 posts in this topic

Hmm. I guess my problem is im not white and that I'm new here.

This post has bothered me all day. It is easy to tell that you are new here as you just registered on June 7th. But how in the world are we to know what color you are?

For the record I'm not white either. I'm some pasty shade of pink. Though I did just get back from Mexico so I have some tan highlights.

You have no problem here, because everyone whose been ribbing you is the opposite of racist. But respectfully, racism persists where needless censorship does our thinking for us. We understand perfectly well that the term "jap" is pejorative. But it is the accurate terminology for the category of funny book covers shown in this thread because that's what's on the covers.

[And please dont accuse me of racial intolerance for disagreeing with you. I havent spoken to my brother in law for over a decade because of his irredeemable intolerance towards asians - and I'm a white christian whose volunteered in a moslem village for over 20 years. And believe me that's no big deal around here.]

So welcome to the boards. Join us in celebrating the funny books we love!

You have no problem here, because everyone whose been ribbing you is the opposite of racist. But respectfully, racism persists where needless censorship does our thinking for us. We understand perfectly well that the term "jap" is pejorative. But it is the accurate terminology for the category of funny book covers shown in this thread because that's what's on the covers.

[And please dont accuse me of racial intolerance for disagreeing with you. I havent spoken to my brother in law for over a decade because of his irredeemable intolerance towards asians - and I'm a white christian whose volunteered in a moslem village for over 20 years. And believe me that's no big deal around here.]

So welcome to the boards. Join us in celebrating the funny books we love!

Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya

Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya

Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya

Oh Lord, kumbaya

Someone's singing Lord, kumbaya

Oh Lord, kumbaya

Someone's laughing, Lord, kumbaya

Oh Lord, kumbaya

Someone's crying, Lord, kumbaya

Oh Lord, kumbaya

Someone's praying, Lord, kumbaya

Oh Lord, kumbaya

Someone's sleeping, Lord, kumbaya

Oh Lord, kumbaya

Oh Lord, kumbaya

But it is the accurate terminology for the category of funny book covers shown in this thread because that's what's on the covers.

Bingo!

Give the man a prize ^^

Edited by MrBedrock

pep35.jpg

Awesome book and one I haven't seen before outside of a Gerber pic. :applause:

Definitely one of the tougher Peps (thumbs u

Been in the box for many a year. I didn't realize it was tough, though now that you mention it, I don't think I've seen another one.

pep35.jpg

Awesome book and one I haven't seen before outside of a Gerber pic. :applause:

Definitely one of the tougher Peps (thumbs u

Been in the box for many a year. I didn't realize it was tough, though now that you mention it, I don't think I've seen another one.

walter, since you pick up rare books without even knowing they're tough, please find me a jackpot 7 and send it on over. thanking you in anticipation of your cooperation, i remain,

billy

walter, since you pick up rare books without even knowing they're tough, please find me a jackpot 7 and send it on over. thanking you in anticipation of your cooperation, i remain,

billy

I guess the only reason I picked up a rare book or two without even knowing it is that I bought a big chunk of my collection back in the days when there wasn't nearly as much information out there about scarcity. Heck, there was a time when I saw a Major InaPak for the first time and thought, "Wow, I haven't seen that one before."

So, I will keep an eye out for your Jackpot #7, but no promises, Mr. P.

I've gotta admit, if the first one didn't have the 'Jap', I would have never guessed the monster or the writing were japanese.

AirFightersV29.jpg

AirFightersV25.jpg

This is one very ugly jap.

AirFightersV20894.jpg

But it is the accurate terminology for the category of funny book covers shown in this thread because that's what's on the covers.

Bingo!

Give the man a prize ^^

I find it truly amazing how far some people will go to be offended.loulou7980 is on a comic book website reading a thread about WW2 comics,heavy with images mind you,and finds the title of the thread offensive?? What about the racist images on the books themselves,not to mention the myriad of slurs also on the covers.Surely the next step lou,is to round up all the WW2 comics and have a nice bonfire before anyone else gets offended.After all it's best to censor and eradicate all evidence of our historical transgressions so no ones feelings are hurt concerning a silly word on a silly message board with a very limited audience.

a truly great moment of change indeed meh

Bingo!

Give the man a prize ^^

I find it truly amazing how far some people will go to be offended.loulou7980 is on a comic book website reading a thread about WW2 comics,heavy with images mind you,and finds the title of the thread offensive?? What about the racist images on the books themselves,not to mention the myriad of slurs also on the covers.Surely the next step lou,is to round up all the WW2 comics and have a nice bonfire before anyone else gets offended.After all it's best to censor and eradicate all evidence of our historical transgressions so no ones feelings are hurt concerning a silly word on a silly message board with a very limited audience.

a truly great moment of change indeed meh

I thought when he first asked for the thread title to be changed, it seemed like a harmless request. However, when he kept harping about it, I remembered one of his earlier posts when he mentioned the "word" mannup. I also sense some form of hostility/anger. I have to wonder if this person is a shill.

I thought when he first asked for the thread title to be changed, it seemed like a harmless request. However, when he kept harping about it, I remembered one of his earlier posts when he mentioned the "word" mannup. I also sense some form of hostility/anger. I have to wonder if this person is a shill.

Exactly right.Asking the board members how they felt about changing the title,and then discussing would be just fine.Demanding that the title was changed regardless of how others may feel certainly disappointed me.