• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets See those WWII Japanese Covers
8 8

915 posts in this topic

MrBedrock is not a racist. He's far far far worse than that. He's a *shudder*....

Astros fan

There! I said it! That feels liberating.

Since we are writing true confessions, I used to be an Astros fan too. They disappointed me repeatedly. Maybe Bedrock will grow out of it and perhaps turn to a good team like the Yankees. Cub fans are just masochists. Red Sox fans are ..... And the Phillies purchased all the good pitchers that were supposed to play for the Yankees, boo hoo.

bb

Screw 'em all...except the Astros. How could I ever change allegiances? Cesar Cedeno, Mike Scott, Craig Biggio, JR Richard. Heck, we had season tickets in the mid '70s when they were so bad you would call to see what time the game started and they would ask, "What time can you be here?" I saw JR pitch his first game. He once threw a pitch so wildly it went up into the foul ball netting. I was at the game when Albert Pujols sent the moonshot out of Minute Maid off of Lidge in the top of the ninth of game six of the the 2005 NLCS. Fortunately they won game 7. Billy Parker and I were also at the game the year before when Brandon Backe pitched magnificently and Jeff Kent hit a walkoff to beat the Cards. Just a great game. I love me some Astros. They are terrible, but I still love 'em. BTW, they are on pace to win about 55 games this year. YAHOO!!!!

Quite the chunk taken out.

thank god you didn't make a little vowel misspelling in the middle word above. no telling how many pages, threads, indeed FORUMS we may have lost.

I'm sure Billy is and well ejdumacated intelligent individual who knew exactly what phrase he wished to use.

It's fun to push buttons of boardies, especially newbs. Can't blame him for doing that.

MrBedrock is not a racist. He's far far far worse than that. He's a *shudder*....

Astros fan

Since we are writing true confessions, I used to be an Astros fan too. They disappointed me repeatedly. Maybe Bedrock will grow out of it and perhaps turn to a good team like the Yankees. Cub fans are just masochists. Red Sox fans are ..... And the Phillies purchased all the good pitchers that were supposed to play for the Yankees, boo hoo.

bb

Screw 'em all...except the Astros. How could I ever change allegiances? Cesar Cedeno, Mike Scott, Craig Biggio, JR Richard. Heck, we had season tickets in the mid '70s when they were so bad you would call to see what time the game started and they would ask, "What time can you be here?" I saw JR pitch his first game. He once threw a pitch so wildly it went up into the foul ball netting. I was at the game when Albert Pujols sent the moonshot out of Minute Maid off of Lidge in the top of the ninth of game six of the the 2005 NLCS. Fortunately they won game 7. Billy Parker and I were also at the game the year before when Brandon Backe pitched magnificently and Jeff Kent hit a walkoff to beat the Cards. Just a great game. I love me some Astros. They are terrible, but I still love 'em. BTW, they are on pace to win about 55 games this year. YAHOO!!!!

As a Nationals season ticket holder, I feel your pain.

Astros fan

bb

I know you do, brother. The Nationals should get three easy road wins in mid July. And pencil in three definite home wins in early September (thumbs u

I love me some Astros. They are terrible, but I still love 'em. BTW, they are on pace to win about 55 games this year. YAHOO!!!!

it's looking like this will be the first year since '03 that i don't make at least one series. it was sad seeing roy and lance go. the end of an era. :(

Astros fan

bb

I know you do, brother. The Nationals should get three easy road wins in mid July. And pencil in three definite home wins in early September (thumbs u

we need some good players from the island nation of japan, like that ichiro fellow.

Astros fan

bb

At least you have the Titans. :kidaround:

Astros fan

bb

Mods notified :censored:

Astros fan

bb

At least y'all still have India.

As a Nationals season ticket holder and a Cubs fan, I feel your pain.

Fixed that for you.

Whatsa matter? Embarassed by the double whammy?

And Bedrock--1986--greatest playoff series EVER. Nothing will ever beat Mets/Astros in extra innings.

Edited by silverandbronze

I love me some Astros. They are terrible, but I still love 'em. BTW, they are on pace to win about 55 games this year. YAHOO!!!!

it's looking like this will be the first year since '03 that i don't make at least one series. it was sad seeing roy and lance go. the end of an era. :(

Astros had one of the best pitching rotations in the history of baseball with JR Richards, Don Sutton, Nolan Ryan and Joe Niekro. Fastball, Curve, Fasterball and knuckleball. Only the Phillies managed to beat them in the NLCS.

And to get back on topic...I do like this Captain America cover. Unfortunately, I used to think only the Simon and Kirby issues were worth buying. :cry:

3750392199_aa22a11463_z.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

As a Nationals season ticket holder and a Cubs fan, I feel your pain.

Fixed that for you.

Whatsa matter? Embarassed by the double whammy?

And Bedrock--1986--greatest playoff series EVER. Nothing will ever beat Mets/Astros in extra innings.

i must say, i actually thought the astros phillies playoff series was better. 4 of the 5 games went into extas, as i recall. rose said afterward that he wasn't at all sure the best team won.

but the mets series was great, and mike scott was going to win game 7; even the mets admit that when i see them interviewed about it.

Two great examples of why it is rough being an Astros fan. 1980 Phillies series was unbelievable. I got to go to two of those games. Fortunately game 5 wasn't one of them. Watching it on TV was bad enough. Most folks don't remember that at the end of the season the Astros were tied with the Dodgers for the NL West. Astros won a one game playoff. I skipped school so I could listen to that game on the radio. Astros 7, Dodgers 1.

Then 1986. Damn. Great game, but again the home team lost. Sucks!

Anyway, back on topic...I still have this...

action76.jpg