• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

Here is a sneak peek of a piece artist JaCo Tartauga is working on for me. I already love what I'm seeing and can't wait to see it when it's complete!

k9f5oy.jpg

You can check out more of his work at http://jacotartaruga.com/

Amazing artist! So cool of you to share the making of! I tip my hat off to ya!

Thank you,

I have no secrets, my art is very transparent and don't mind sharing the process with the world...what matters to me is the intent behind every painting and each piece has one. Something that is unique to every artist (IMO)- that is, the ones who paint or draw with intent. With this one...his muscular features are important, so the splatter will reflect a soaked costume that when he flexes to pose for the photograph, paint just streaks all over...indicating how dynamic he is while being static.

I am also excited to see how this will become...(The pressure is ON!)

Here is a sneak peek of a piece artist JaCo Tartauga is working on for me. I already love what I'm seeing and can't wait to see it when it's complete!

k9f5oy.jpg

You can check out more of his work at http://jacotartaruga.com/

Amazing artist! So cool of you to share the making of! I tip my hat off to ya!

Thank you,

I have no secrets, my art is very transparent and don't mind sharing the process with the world...what matters to me is the intent behind every painting and each piece has one. Something that is unique to every artist (IMO)- that is, the ones who paint or draw with intent. With this one...his muscular features are important, so the splatter will reflect a soaked costume that when he flexes to pose for the photograph, paint just streaks all over...indicating how dynamic he is while being static.

I am also excited to see how this will become...(The pressure is ON!)

:whee:

I also wanted to give Tick fans a sneak peek of two 2016 SDCC sketch covers that Ben did for me. I want to thank him as he took a little extra time to do something special for me. Instead of a marker head sketch, he used a ballpoint pen to draw some finer detailed sketches so that they can be finished by another artist who Ben considered one of the great independent artists of the 80's and 90's.

Edlund_Tick_Sketches_2016_zpszloe0yio.jpg

Who will be finishing these gems... one word... Gerhard! Gerhard will be finishing these special comics at the San Francisco Comic-Con over Labor Day weekend (Sep 2-4). Come see him while he's there.

Edited by comiconxion

The JaCo process!

k9f5oy.jpg

2899153.jpg

nn8p4x.jpg

Thank you so very much JaCo! :foryou:

It is by far more special than I ever could have imagined it to be! :cloud9:

Dude this is sooooo Awesome!!! The style is so unique and inspiring! You're definitely raising the bar on this one!

I also wanted to give Tick fans a sneak peek of two 2016 SDCC sketch covers that Ben did for me. I want to thank him as he took a little extra time to do something special for me. Instead of a marker head sketch, he used a ballpoint pen to draw some finer detailed sketches so that they can be finished by another artist who Ben considered one of the great independent artists of the 80's and 90's.

Who will be finishing these gems... one word... Gerhard! Gerhard will be finishing these special comics at the San Francisco Comic-Con over Labor Day weekend (Sep 2-4). Come see him while he's there.

I can't wait to see the finish product! Gerhard, is the professional name of a Canadian artist known for the elaborately detailed background illustrations in the comics series Cerebus the Aardvark!

Congrats on picking up two amazing sketches from Ben! Please do share the finished product with us when they are complete. I'd absolutely love to see them!

That is so awesome!

:applause:

I will love to do it, the only problem is that I will not be in SF.

The JaCo process!

k9f5oy.jpg

2899153.jpg

nn8p4x.jpg

Thank you so very much JaCo! :foryou:

It is by far more special than I ever could have imagined it to be! :cloud9:

Dude this is sooooo Awesome!!! The style is so unique and inspiring! You're definitely raising the bar on this one!

Thank you for your comments!!!