• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

Wow! I was trying to save the break through post for something spectacular. Looks like Bosco685 is in the lead with 65696 posts, and MetalPSI and IntoAnother...all you guys have Thousands of posts and our leader Transplant, who started this all, who had 19,949 posts back in 2009! ...well, while I was driving, my wife noticed that I had viewed the Official Tick Appreciation Thread on HER cell phone and I told her to be careful not to mess with it, since page 100 was coming up and this should be a really special moment...so she holds the phone up with her finger to the Submit button (((smiling wickedly))) as you can hear my voice in the distant background...noooooooooo (fades to black)...sorry guys. Oh, by the way, my wife Rhonda says hi and thanks for the welcome from IntoAnother. Jeezzz...is it Friday yet?

If anyone has been looking for a copy of New England Comics Newsletter #14, one is currently listed on eBay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-TICK-rare-first-appearance-New-England-Comics-Newsletter-14-Ben-Edlund-/282143760216?hash=item41b1141f58:g:4wYAAOSw0UdXuJuh

(Not my copy and I have no connection to the seller either)

yeah...I saw that too! I remember I was trying to buy one for 700.00 from Kansas that had a certificate from Bob Polio. I also saw a Hypno resin Tick model selling for 29 bucks...there were only 35 made...somebody scored and it wasn't me.

If anyone has been looking for a copy of New England Comics Newsletter #14, one is currently listed on eBay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-TICK-rare-first-appearance-New-England-Comics-Newsletter-14-Ben-Edlund-/282143760216?hash=item41b1141f58:g:4wYAAOSw0UdXuJuh

No bids yet?

:o

No bids yet?

Going...goling...gone! :makepoint:

Only 4 more days before the end of The Tick and Arthur Contest. Please pick a number from 1 to 100. The closest number picked wins and I will be announcing the winner on September 1, 2016. Just IM me with the address you would like to have it sent, and that's it. No costs, no shipping, just giving these guys a nice new home. Good luck Tick Fans!

bhhw02.jpg

doh!

No bids yet?

Looks like the last 7 minutes of the auction became quite interesting!

:ohnoez:

Did you try and bid?

Only 4 more days before the end of The Tick and Arthur Contest. Please pick a number from 1 to 100. The closest number picked wins and I will be announcing the winner on September 1, 2016. Just IM me with the address you would like to have it sent, and that's it. No costs, no shipping, just giving these guys a nice new home. Good luck Tick Fans!

bhhw02.jpg

doh!

Forgot about that...it was down to the last 72 hours on 8/22. But then the show came out on Amazon, and all those sketch books came pouring in.

:cloud9:

:popcorn:

bhhw02.jpg

doh!

Forgot about that...it was down to the last 72 hours on 8/22. But then the show came out on Amazon, and all those sketch books came pouring in.

hahaha...I was zapped in a time warp and I thought September was going to happen last week. So far I think only you and captain canuck have entered their guesses. lol

No bids yet?

Looks like the last 7 minutes of the auction became quite interesting!

:ohnoez:

Did you try and bid?

nah..I'm really happy being owner of the highest rated no. 14 in this universe..woop...woop... Yes...this is a challenge for all y'all to best me. :)

bhhw02.jpg

doh!

hahaha...I was zapped in a time warp and I thought September was going to happen last week. So far I think only you and captain canuck have entered their guesses. lol

lol

Good point! I forgot you had started the contest with a 9/1 end. I was just going by your updates.

:foryou:

New England Comics Newsletter #14 CGC 9.2 SS with sketch! The only Signature Series on the census, second highest graded copy. The first appearance of The Tick! :cloud9:

29vgvwx.jpg

20rurnb.jpg

New England Comics Newsletter #15 CGC 9.6 SS with sketch! The only graded copy on the census. The second appearance of The Tick! :cloud9:

2e3x21f.jpg

15zqlj5.jpg

New England Comics Newsletter #14 CGC 9.2 SS with sketch! The only Signature Series on the census, second highest graded copy. The first appearance of The Tick! :cloud9:

29vgvwx.jpg

20rurnb.jpg

New England Comics Newsletter #15 CGC 9.6 SS with sketch! The only graded copy on the census. The second appearance of The Tick! :cloud9:

2e3x21f.jpg

15zqlj5.jpg

Yup, you're right, those really do look better than the 9.2 you were given. I downloaded the image above and even if the resolution for posting here in the forum is pretty low, I can tell that your number 14 appears to be every bit as good as mine. How do you make an envious emoticon...a number 15 and both autographed with mini sketches! How do we get these on the Ben Edlund registry? ....wait for it...

Shouldn't be too hard. That would be excellent additions to the registry set :applause:

I agree that they would be excellent additions to the registry as they are extremely important books to the history of The Tick. I did make a request that they be added to "The Tick: Ben Edlund Original Set" registry. Please read my post to Gemma in the "Set Expansion Requests" thread as I know they may be very difficult books to score. I provided as much information that I thought may be helpful, but I definitely would like the others who take part in this registry to state how they feel about the addition of them as well.

I agree that they would be excellent additions to the registry as they are extremely important books to the history of The Tick. I did make a request that they be added to "The Tick: Ben Edlund Original Set" registry. Please read my post to Gemma in the "Set Expansion Requests" thread as I know they may be very difficult books to score. I provided as much information that I thought may be helpful, but I definitely would like the others who take part in this registry to state how they feel about the addition of them as well.

The only slight challenge is these are fanzines/newsletters versus comic books. But if CGC is grading them, it would make sense having the newsletters as part of your registry set.