• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collecting things other then comics.

891 posts in this topic

Great thread!! I collect a bunch of cool stuff

Vintage & Modern Star Wars loose C7-C9 Action Figures

Old Zippo lighters and flint Have a really old vintage flint lighter from Hawaii

My wife and I both collect Vinyl records she's into Old 70s'-80's Punk bands you've probably never heard of mostly from Germany and Overseas. Just found out they grade on the same scale as comics lol

Transformers any Generation vintage to modern

Kid Robot Dunnys/Vinyl Figures

Animal skulls from Necromance Hollywood California wicked awesome store

Guitar Picks from bands I've seen

I am just starting to find out about Dunnys/Vinyl Figures. (thumbs u

Is there any one holy grail Dunny that you want?

I am not a hardcore collector, but I do pick up toys that I had in my childhood whenever I can. I just got this sweet G1 series replica of Optimus Prime. Back when they released the original Toys r Us commemorative series figure I passed it up because $39.99 was too much! Hadn't seen it since for under $100. doh!

Just picked this up from a dude on Craigslist. Sealed box and all. Very excited! It isn't exactly the same but it is close enough for me. It comes with a few episodes from the original cartoon, a reprint of transformers #1, and a really cool sound effects producer!

Got it for $60 which is a bit less than I have seen it or others like it so I am happy enough. Good thing I didn't spend $40 back in the day!

I will keep the box and put it back in, but I am totally gonna open it up and play with it!

prime.jpg

Oh yeah! Always jacked to find old VHS & Beta horror movies. Still searching for that big box treasure trove. Still as scarce as ever.

Next to my comics, novels & tiki stuff it is a favorite. Comes from that sense of awe I got as a kid wandering the horror section at the video stores. I had to watch them all. Cannibals, slumber parties, driller killers, zombies, good bad and the ugly. Mostly bad. Still love em.

Oh yeah! Always jacked to find old VHS & Beta horror movies. Still searching for that big box treasure trove. Still as scarce as ever.

Next to my comics, novels & tiki stuff it is a favorite. Comes from that sense of awe I got as a kid wandering the horror section at the video stores. I had to watch them all. Cannibals, slumber parties, driller killers, zombies, good bad and the ugly. Mostly bad. Still love em.

What are a few that you are looking for? Ive got a decent collection. My fav is King Kong (1933) in color

Wow! Cool store! If it weren't a 1000 miles away I'd haunt that place.

The ones that are nearest to my heart are movies by Herschell Gordon Lewis. Titles like Blood Feast, 2000 Maniacs, Wizard of Gore and in the old big box VHS format. Of course any of the old big box splatter/gore movies are quite cool and in some cases, quite valuable. If you come across them I'd say check out the value of them on the bay,

Heck, even many of the standard VHS horror movies can garner a bit of money. Like first releases of Halloween and Friday the 13th and, as always, condition matters most.

It was just over fifty years ago on 10 November 1963 that Gordie Howe notched his 545th goal to surpass the lifetime mark that Maurice Richard had set. Here are scans of the oldest Gordie Howe cards in my collection:

004_zps1be9d6d9.jpg

003_zpsfa963604.jpg

006_zps5008f9cc.jpg

005_zpsaf7ee878.jpg

:cool:

Interesting thread: Thanks OP

Comics is an expensive enough hobby that I don't collect anything else at the same level that I collect comics. But the collector in me carries over into other things.

Next up is original art. Some 45's in picture sleeves. My motorcycle is vintage Japanese.

The ad parody concept was introduced to cards well before Topps issued its initial series of die-cut Wacky Packages cards in 1967. Leaf pioneered the concept with a 72 card Foney Ad set in 1960. Here are scans from my set:

FoneyAdswrapper.jpg

FoneyAds1.jpg

FoneyAds2.jpg

015_zps6abdca3a.jpg

016_zps2887a86c.jpg

And here's a scan of the original Ratz Crackers card!

014_zpscdcb0257.jpg

The Foney Ads spawned a Canadian set by the company Goodies called Baloney Ads. Here from my collection are some scans of the Baloney Ads:

BaloneyAdswrapper.jpg

BaloneyAds1.jpg

BaloneyAds2.jpg

30-05-2013105839PM_zpsa07fa643.jpg

30-05-2013105844PM_zps298659de.jpg

The Baloney Ads set can be seen to have been a blatant rip-off of the Foney Ads set. The Baloney Ads cards feature many of the same images found in the Foney Ads set but rather sloppily redrawn. Nonetheless, the Baloney Ads are still keenly sought after by card enthusiasts these days since they're a lot more difficult to find than the Foney Ads.

Leaf itself though had borrowed the ad parody concept from Mad magazine which had been running these on its back cover since 1958:

09-09-201264830PM.jpg

09-09-201264833PM.jpg

16-09-2012101440PM.jpg

16-09-2012101454PM.jpg

:juggle:

Toys esp. fast food toys.

To a lesser extent, coke. Plus paper bills, coins and stamps. Anything vintage. Primary consideration is price. So you can say that I'm not a true collector.

Used to collect superhero and basketball cards. Glad I'm so over them :grin:

I use to collect the McFarlane spawn figures. Had about 40 mint in packaging and maybe 10 loose. I spent one Christmas volunteering at a shelter and it really stuck with me how many kids had such a crappy Christmas. The next year 2005/2006 I believe, I donated all my packaged figures to the firefighter toy drive.

Its just been comics since.

Some of you guys collect some really cool stuff btw!

:applause: Pretty cool stuff you got there. I also have a few card sets - the Wacky Packages series ... I have the first series and the third series (full sets). They are storaged in boxes somewhere here.

Someday when I get the chance to put my items in display... will take pictures then.

I use to collect the McFarlane spawn figures. Had about 40 mint in packaging and maybe 10 loose. I spent one Christmas volunteering at a shelter and it really stuck with me how many kids had such a crappy Christmas. The next year 2005/2006 I believe, I donated all my packaged figures to the firefighter toy drive.

Its just been comics since.

Some of you guys collect some really cool stuff btw!

that was a really nice thing to do!!! :applause: