• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who has the best superhero origin?

77 posts in this topic

The Monster of Frankenstein (well since Marvel put it into comic form) finding out you were constructed from the parts of cadavers and brought to life by a brillant yet unstable man who then abandons you.....always liked that one, and when Robert Deniro(sp) plays the monster and reads Frankensteins journal-pretty moving.

:roflmao: Hiyo!

I know I am truly gonna be in the minority on my choice of of best origin... 3rd Robin, Tim Drake.

Yeah, yeah... I know he is not a "super-hero" and the role of a Robin is a sidekick/partner of Batman, but come on! The dude figured out his identity, jacked Batman's batmobile and went about the training and hectic to be the next Robin. He did a... "What if Bruce Wayne/Batman was real!?", and it was a awesome origin! Just think of all the death that soon came to him from the choice of being Robin.

Though I must admit I truly love the origin stories for... Batman, Superman, New Gods of the Fourth World (Best of Jack Kirby), O.M.A.C. (Original series done by Jack Kirby), and Jonah Hex!

I just thought I would point out that, unless I've miscounted, the greatest living Comic book writer, Alan Moore, has four, count them, four characters in this thread.

V

Miracleman

Swamp Thing (his origin)

Dr. Manhattan

Well, both ROM and Silver Surfer, with their "sacrifice their humanity to save their entire world" origins, have been done "to death" as well, but when they are done right.....

(thumbs u

It's all in the telling.........

-slym

Just look at Jesus

Dr.Doom has the coolest origin, but he's not a hero so...

The Red Tornado: A swirl of higher intellect and a whirlwind of base emotion all contained within an imperfect mechanism. hm

Although, they probably should revise a portion of the Tornado Tyrant's journey.

http://www.dcuguide.com/who.php?name=TORNADOTYRANT

Instead of creating a duplicate earth in the hopes of becoming a hero, the Tyrant should have used that creation for a better understanding of how to defeat a hero. That's when, in a "sympathy for the devil" moment (from the villain's perspective), his personality fractures and the Tornado Champion is created.

while the comic purest in me admires the concept of a kid seeing his mother and father shot to death before his eyes thus driving him to a psychological state wherein he dedicates his life to fighting crime in a giant bat suit and still has the wherewithal to stay hyper-wealthy as a top public figure...

i gotta go with the tried-and-true golden age zaniness that is the man who, after being bitten by a cobra, gets a blood tranfusion from a mongoose (!) which enables him to run at super-speed. you can't make up that kind of stuff twice.

speaking of making up that kind of stuff twice;

honourable mention to the kid who not only gets bathed with a mysterious and totally random mixture of chemicals while innocently hanging out in a lab, but manages to also get hit by lightning - indoors, mind you - while so bathed, thus of course giving him not 3rd degree burns over 100% of his body, but identical powers as the last guy who got hit by lightning while indoors and bathed in a mysterious chemical mixture.

Who has the best superhero origin?

I do.

Here is a little background information about Ido, from what I have heard.He is said to have come from a broken home in which the father beat him repeatedly if he didn't come back from the subway with his "daily quote" (He was forced to ask for money in the NYC subway system before coming home), his mother was a methamphetamine/crack addicted hooker, who cleaned up for 2 years in 1985 and abandoned all 7 of her kids (Ido vvieng the oldest) when she found her true calling as a Amway and Avon salesperson, who later went to Prison for a pyramid scheme, which involved the Archbishop of Brooklyn and the Mayor Wichita, big mess, it came out on all the major newpapers and some variety magazines. Anyway, Ido raised all his brothers and sisters, taking on the responsiblity when he was only 12. He worked a series of odd jobs throughout his childhood and when his last sister moved out of that Rat infected apartment which they called home, he moved to Jersey, that's where he is said to have joined the Army. When the Desert Storn hit, he was one of the first with boots on ground from our Infantry forces, one of the first major compounds taken by the military was the AbuMahib-Jihaiden in Kuwait, a then Nuclear Fusion research facility. When his squad made their way in, He was a Platoon leader, they all died as a result of an explosion, when he finally got to them, an "unidentified stone" shone on his face and knocked him unconscious. When awoke, he realized that he was under the rubble of this building, which had been bombarded by allied planes, somehow he made it out...but, he could no longer see, not like before anyways..he could only see in infrared light, and to his surprise he had superhuman strength.Ido came back from the war a broken man, everyone thinking he was blind, he became an alcoholic , until one day... he realized his potential.. and by chance became a sidekick for...the modern Captain America.. that's what I heard about Ido! :grin:

Here is a little background information about Ido, from what I have heard.He is said to have come from a broken home in which the father beat him repeatedly if he didn't come back from the subway with his "daily quote" (He was forced to ask for money in the NYC subway system before coming home), his mother was a methamphetamine/crack addicted hooker, who cleaned up for 2 years in 1985 and abandoned all 7 of her kids (Ido vvieng the oldest) when she found her true calling as a Amway and Avon salesperson, who later went to Prison for a pyramid scheme, which involved the Archbishop of Brooklyn and the Mayor Wichita, big mess, it came out on all the major newpapers and some variety magazines. Anyway, Ido raised all his brothers and sisters, taking on the responsiblity when he was only 12. He worked a series of odd jobs throughout his childhood and when his last sister moved out of that Rat infected apartment which they called home, he moved to Jersey, that's where he is said to have joined the Army. When the Desert Storn hit, he was one of the first with boots on ground from our Infantry forces, one of the first major compounds taken by the military was the AbuMahib-Jihaiden in Kuwait, a then Nuclear Fusion research facility. When his squad made their way in, He was a Platoon leader, they all died as a result of an explosion, when he finally got to them, an "unidentified stone" shone on his face and knocked him unconscious. When awoke, he realized that he was under the rubble of this building, which had been bombarded by allied planes, somehow he made it out...but, he could no longer see, not like before anyways..he could only see in infrared light, and to his surprise he had superhuman strength.Ido came back from the war a broken man, everyone thinking he was blind, he became an alcoholic , until one day... he realized his potential.. and by chance became a sidekick for...the modern Captain America.. that's what I heard about Ido! :grin:

Dude, you missed your calling. Marvel could easily stretch this out into 60-70 issues.