• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago Comic Con 2010

324 posts in this topic

I was just reviewing the exhibitor list on the wizard website and I found a particularly disheartening pattern. Dark Tower Comics, Challengers, Comic Vault, & Chicago Comics are not listed. That's a large contingent of the Chicago comic scene not there that are always there! :eek:

Can anyone that's at the show confirm whether they're set up or not? I actually buy stuff from most of them normally & like seeing the Chicago scene represented....

Any help would be appreciated.

Just got back a little while ago. Lots of walking today. Seemed like quite a few dealers werent set up yet. Not a big crowd but quite a few people there. Ran into Joey, Watson, S.O.T., Watcher, Dale, Cheetah, Gemma, Roy, Mr. Schmidt, Jeff from Hotflips, and quite a few others.

I did not see one issue of Showcase # 22 anywhere, but like I said not everyone was set up. Took a few pics but I'm not good with a camera unless theres girls. Batmobile looked cool.

DRX

CHICAGOCON2010006.jpg

CHICAGOCON2010005.jpg

After several years of only West Coast shows, I've brought my extra comic art collection to the Chicago Con.

I have one of the three booths at #1535 - #1645, near artist alley

Here is a snap of Dan and myself beginning to set up for preview

night:

boothchicago.jpg

I have my duplicate X-Men art, cover art and other artwork for sale, but I will trade and even give higher value in trade for Atlas era or X-Men pieces I need for my collection.

Best,

Rich

Just got back a little while ago. Lots of walking today. Seemed like quite a few dealers werent set up yet. Not a big crowd but quite a few people there. Ran into Joey, Watson, S.O.T., Watcher, Dale, Cheetah, Gemma, Roy, Mr. Schmidt, Jeff from Hotflips, and quite a few others

GACollectibles, szelim, cgcworld & Barb (forgot her board name), Sharkey, electricprune, G.A.tor, klozd24seven, Moondog, october, pedigreeman, stagedoorjohnny, comix4fun, silverabdbronze, 143ksk, skypinkblu and Ned (her husband), and others I'm forgetting at the moment

The wife and I had a really nice time today. Saw a few boardies, met a few new ones. Picked up some really sweet Atlas books from Brad who also happens to be a really good guy.It was also a pleasure to pick up a couple of books from Gary, bringing back meories of when I used to shop at his store in the North suburbs. Picked up some very nice Bronze Marvel stuff from Dave Kapelka's booth, I think my wife put it best when she said " what a sweet man", he really is a pleasure to chat with and I always look forward to buying from him.

I'm ready for Round 2 tomorrow and then the forum dinner. Very much looking forward to meeting some of the boardies in a more social setting (thumbs u

Casey