• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago Comic Con 2010

324 posts in this topic

36 hours from poppin' box tops :banana: ! Along with my usual copper/modern drek, I will be offering a new to market Bronze collection for your reading/pressing/slabbing pleasure :grin: . 7 boxes of cheap stuff and 7 boxes of HG lovelies, dripping with all the colors of the rainbow :luhv: . Come by and see.... :devil:

What booth number? And will all the good stuff be picked clean by the time I arrive on Friday?

:wishluck:

Casey

Your kidding right? I'll be there when the doors open Thursday. And when you have Joey lurking around. hm

DRX

I figured the sharks would be there on Thursday :) Unfortunately I can't make it until Friday...I just hope you guys leave some scraps.

The sharks will be there Wed during set up & Thurs before the doors open to the public ;)

That fact is probably the most depressing thing I've learned since being on these boards :(

That's one way dealers get great new collections, they buy them off someone else at cons

36 hours from poppin' box tops :banana: ! Along with my usual copper/modern drek, I will be offering a new to market Bronze collection for your reading/pressing/slabbing pleasure :grin: . 7 boxes of cheap stuff and 7 boxes of HG lovelies, dripping with all the colors of the rainbow :luhv: . Come by and see.... :devil:

What booth number? And will all the good stuff be picked clean by the time I arrive on Friday?

Casey

Your kidding right? I'll be there when the doors open Thursday. And when you have Joey lurking around. hm

DRX

I figured the sharks would be there on Thursday :) Unfortunately I can't make it until Friday...I just hope you guys leave some scraps.

The sharks will be there Wed during set up & Thurs before the doors open to the public ;)

I'm leaving in about 30 minutes to camp out all night at the loadiing docks. Hope I dont get run out of there for vagrancy.

DRX

If they say anything, tell them you're in line to see Justin Beiber

Casey

DRX

That fact is probably the most depressing thing I've learned since being on these boards :(

That's one way dealers get great new collections, they buy them off someone else at cons

I totally understand that. It's just that sometimes it feels like all this hobby has become is a bunch of dealers and flippers selling to each other. As a reader/collector I sometimes feel a bit left out in the cold.

Casey

DRX

I totally understand that. It's just that sometimes it feels like all this hobby has become is a bunch of dealers and flippers selling to each other. As a reader/collector I sometimes feel a bit left out in the cold.

I do understand where you're coming from, as it's disappointing to find out these new collections have been picked over before you had your chance, but they can't sort through every dealer's inventory. There's always good books to be had if you take the time to search diligently. Boardies often come away with some sweet books after everyone thought the boxes had been picked through (thumbs u

Casey

DRX

I do understand where you're coming from, as it's disappointing to find out these new collections have been picked over before you had your chance, but they can't sort through every dealer's inventory. There's always good books to be had if you take the time to search diligently. Boardies often come away with some sweet books after everyone thought the boxes had been picked through (thumbs u

I even found some 9.8s after greggy had looked through a collection at C2E2! :acclaim:

Hey guys, this will be first time at chicago comic con, and will be traveling from out of state. Just wondering if you can tell me if they have any storage areas or lockers or anything like that, as I will be taking a train there so I won't have my car to store stuff.

You can leave your things at my booth (thumbs u . 1235 "Moondogs", just look for the non-imposing fella with the baddest soul patch in the Midwest :headbang: . Oh yeah, that would be me, Brad :grin:

Hey guys, this will be first time at chicago comic con, and will be traveling from out of state. Just wondering if you can tell me if they have any storage areas or lockers or anything like that, as I will be taking a train there so I won't have my car to store stuff.

You can leave your things at my booth (thumbs u . 1235 "Moondogs", just look for the non-imposing fella with the baddest soul patch in the Midwest :headbang: . Oh yeah, that would be me, Brad :grin:

And then when Brad is not looking that will be me picking up & walking away with your stuff. lol

But seriously, I met Brad for the first time C2E2 and he's a standup guy.

(thumbs u

Casey

DRX

I even found some 9.8s after greggy had looked through a collection at C2E2! :acclaim:

I'm guessing those weren't Strawberry Shortcake's :(

I am so there wednesday

Me too :whee:

Me three along with Wasonff and GwenStacy91 :banana:

Jim

Barb :banana:

:taptaptap:

In fairness, Drew. We're all excited about seeing JJ too.

Drew is by far the coolest member of your troupe. entire country

fixed that for you....

Somebody told me Jim can't make it. He went to see UK spank some Canadian booty in basketball and had to go in for some unexpected therapy.

And then when Brad is not looking that will be me picking up & walking away with your stuff. lol

But seriously, I met Brad for the first time C2E2 and he's a standup guy.

(thumbs u

Nah, you'd never get past the ever imposing PedigreeMan Security Force. Remember, I met you at C2E2, also ... I think I could take ya. Unless ya know jujitsu or something. Which you probably do. :censored: Take whatever ya want, just don't hurt me!

:grin:

Alan

And again, that booth with this Sweet, Sweet collection is Moondog's, number 1235. Come on by and rummage, or just say hi. We wont bite ... unless you want us to! ;)

I am so there wednesday

Me too :whee:

Me three along with Wasonff and GwenStacy91 :banana:

Jim

Barb :banana:

:taptaptap:

In fairness, Drew. We're all excited about seeing JJ too.

Drew is by far the coolest member of your troupe. entire country

fixed that for you....

Somebody told me Jim can't make it. He went to see UK spank some Canadian booty in basketball and had to go in for some unexpected therapy.

Last thing I heard of UK spanking was their monkeys :whistle::sumo:

Jim