• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN #1 club
27 27

3,535 posts in this topic

On 6/14/2021 at 12:50 AM, Ruano said:

If anyone is selling a low grade copy please let me know πŸ™ŒπŸ», currently selling a bunch of books to be able to pay for it 🀞🏻

How low are you looking?Β  I'm not selling one, but there are a few in the .5-1.5 range on eBay and I believe there's a .5 on ComicLink.

Β 

24 minutes ago, Batmanis#1 said:

A CGC 7.0 sold today for just shy of 50k on Heritage.

That was an exemplary copy. It looks like a VF/NM type book. Looks like some foxing and a popped lower staple kept the grade down.

same day a 6.5 went for 14k less.Β  Β Eye appeal is absolutely a huge factor on these mega keys.Β  as it should have always been.Β  I remember the days where the # in the corner was all anyone cared about.Β  even though all said grade books are NOT the same...Β  Thats a great looking 7.0 vs a sad looking 6.5

Just sayingΒ 2c

4 hours ago, GAMBIT said:

same day a 6.5 went for 14k less.Β  Β Eye appeal is absolutely a huge factor on these mega keys.Β  as it should have always been.Β  I remember the days where the # in the corner was all anyone cared about.Β  even though all said grade books are NOT the same...Β  Thats a great looking 7.0 vs a sad looking 6.5

Just sayingΒ 2c

Absolutely agree.Β  The lower grades seem to really be proof of this; that restored .5 that sold for $8500 and the blue label .5 that sold for $6k both presented well for their grades, while the CLink auction that went for $4300 (or something close to that) and the .5 on eBay that's sitting at $5500 BIN have much less eye appeal.Β  I would be curious to see the sales data of other major keys with less supply, like Hulk 1 or FF1, and see if they experience this trend to a lesser extent because of their rarity.

It was interesting to see Hulk 1 7.0 go up against thatΒ very nice X-men 1 7.0 on HA…in the context of is X-men 1 top 3 SA book. Β Only one price point butΒ Hulk 1 performed better. Β There wasΒ also a 6.5 hulk 1 and 6.5 X-men 1 in that auction, but as others have stated, that was definitelyΒ not the nicest looking X-men 6.5 so not a fair comparison. Β 

4 hours ago, Batmanis#1 said:

I would not say such a thing unless you have proof why ruin a sale of a reputable dealer with such a statement. All of this is most likely on the up and up. A key comic in 8.0 sells for 147k is not much (compared to many other hobbies) X-Men 1 has finally had its day in the spot light.

Take a chill pill. Nothing I say is going to ruin any sale haha. God knows that buyer or someone was scouring the darkest realms of the CGC board to see if me, and only me had commented on thisΒ purchase, thus swaying his decision to buy 🀯. I don’t think I command that much power unfortunately πŸ˜‚.Β I have a tough time believing an 8.0 is somehow worth $150K now. That is pure insanity to me, but then again everything is truly insane now.

Edited by LDarkseid1

2 minutes ago, Batmanis#1 said:

It's OK I just respect CL as a auction house.

He wasn't commenting on the auction house. He was commenting on the bidder.

Auction houses have no idea what bidders are doing with their money and why.