• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pedigree Auction Sales and Relistings. Legit?

901 posts in this topic

Actually, we can guffaw all we like, but George has a very good idea.

Why can't we arrange a boycott of an auction, both consigning and buying? A lot of the heavy-hitters are here and a decent take-up would certainly send a message that, as consumers, we're not prepared to take this scamming any longer?

I personally have not bought a book from Pedigree, Heritage, Matt Nelson, CLink or Lauterbach for over four years now, simply because I disagree with their 'business model' (a phrase which gives it more validity than it's due, IMHO).

Why can't people hold off for one single month, for the overall benefit of the hobby as a whole? (shrug)

You guys can organize and accomplish anything if you set your mind to it.

But I think you all are going way out on a limb.

Doug is a knucklehead. He is probably doing some shady stuff with his auctions. At the least it has come out that he is selectively reporting sales to GPA. So because of that you all want to boycott the entire auction system and every auction house that deals in comics!

Hell, why don't you just burn your own homes down like they did in Watts.

It is really pretty simple -

If you don't like the way Doug has conducted his business don't buy from him. And tell people why.

If you don't like Heritage don't buy from them. And tell people why.

If you don't like ComicLink don't buy from them. And tell people why.

I don't like Metro so I don't buy from them. And I tell people why.

And if you don't like comics anymore don't buy them. And tell all of us why.

The discussion makes the difference.

And the discussions here are pretty darn entertaining.

The overreaction is downright hilarious!

I was referring to Doug. He's been caught with his hands in the cookie jar...yet again, I might add...so let's not do business with him.

However, if the same thing came up with another auction house...why not?

I fail to see where the over-reaction is? (shrug)

I schmell a rat... :insane:

Hash what out, precisely?

Doug has admitted here that he omits to report poor sales points to GPA, contrary to his agreement with GPA, and in an effort to maintain the 'value' of certain items.

Price fixing...market manipulation...unethical conduct...call it what you will, but I'm clearly missing what there is to 'hash out'?

Each person who shops with Doug has a vested interest in letting him know personally that his BS auction practices are causing them to consider discontinuing doing business with him. Each person who has won auctions through Doug in the past and now feels that those prices were tainted has a vested interest in talking to him and telling him why they feel cheated. You can whine and cry and argue and rant and light the torches and whatever else you want to here. But until those of you who personally deal with Pedigree (Doug), spend money there and have supported him call and let him know how you feel - that his conduct has possibly caused you harm and you are now reluctant to ever do business with him - Only then can Doug realize the extent of his screw up.

But someone like George who does bid, shop and spend dough with Doug has a ton of sway. Those are the people who need to tell him personally what they think of him and his practices.

Straight up Brother Man (thumbs u

So what happened with the Boycott idea? Already forgotten?

Nah, he's got awesome books. I would punch my mom in the face for a chance just to see his collection.

Nah, he's got awesome books. I would punch my mom in the face for a chance just to see his collection.

Doug would punch old women in the face for his collection too, and by punching in the face I really mean their pocket book and life savings.

Doug would punch old women in the face for his collection too, and by punching in the face I really mean their pocket book and life savings.

Did you just call my mom old?

Did you just call my mom old?

I don't think I did, but the past few days I've said some retarded shiet. So who knows.

Thats a funny statement, but with a ring of truth. Maybe not from you, but others.

(worship)

Thats a funny statement, but with a ring of truth. Maybe not from you, but others.
I would definitely punch his mom in the face to see dougs collection :kidaround:

I would definitely punch his mom in the face to see dougs collection :kidaround:

I think Doug's already sold her? (shrug)

I think Doug's already sold her? (shrug)

Not before a good upgrading.... :gossip:

No way he can reasonably explain all of the facts - thesheer number of examples, the repeated relistings, the relistings back into inventory at the exact same prices, the non-reporting to GPA of the relists.... (shrug)

...best to pull a Tiger and just bugger off for a while.

IT'S TIGGER!

:pullhair:

Tigger cheated on his hot blonde Swedish wife with umpteen different skanks too??? I always assumed Tigger was gay for Pooh Bear :sorry:

Jim

Do you have to ruin everything for me? I just thought Pooh was friendly!

:censored: