• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pedigree Auction Sales and Relistings. Legit?

901 posts in this topic

I'm not making excuses for any of Doug's past history...I don't know much about it except for third party info but this just seems trivial to me

I'm glad it's just "trivial" and only "third-party info" otherwise, you'd be out a bundle lol

I have third-party info that Bernie Madoff took a few dollars and ran . . . :roflmao:

Vidad,

Your post seems very odd. First why attack me? You clearly have a "thing" for Doug.

And to compare him to Maddoff is just stupid. Sorry.

My post wasn't directed toward you and I don't intend to offend you or anyone on this site.

I'm not making excuses for any of Doug's past history...I don't know much about it except for third party info but this just seems trivial to me

I'm glad it's just "trivial" and only "third-party info" otherwise, you'd be out a bundle lol

I have third-party info that Bernie Madoff took a few dollars and ran . . . :roflmao:

Vidad,

Your post seems very odd. First why attack me? You clearly have a "thing" for Doug.

And to compare him to Maddoff is just stupid. Sorry.

My post wasn't directed toward you and I don't intend to offend you or anyone on this site.

kram,

I'm not attacking you, I'm making light of your statement that Doug's actions were trivial. :foryou: I am also not comparing Doug to Maddoff (sic), I am making light of your reference to "third-party info". Unless you're on the end of the blade, it's all third-party info. I also don't have a "thing" for Doug. :grin:

-d

How about, he's just pissed off? hm I know I would be.

Why would you even care? It's no skin off your back...it's really just Pedigree doing a little mismanagement and potentially disappointing whoever would want to buy those books.

Also, whenever I've listed there, I've been able to remove my own items via their consignment interface. Did they remove that feature?

VK,

While I certainly understand your frustration that your books are still on his site...truthfully so what?

You already sold them. He can't sell what he doesn't have and all he will do is end up not being able to sell the book should someone else want it.

I personally can't stand this attacking of someone's character because they are an attorney or if they have some issues in their past (unrelated to comics).

So he doesn't answer your emails...maybe he doesn't want to deal with you either? Just playing devils advocate here...not trying to cause a stir but I just don't see the big deal here. Sorry.

No, you're just making excuses for his complete and utter incompetence as a businessman and professional. Let's see, advertise/keep up listings of stuff I don't actually have for sale....and don't bother communicating with consignors. Now there's the ticket to a well-oiled operation. (thumbs u

Whilst this certainly isn't the end of Western Civilisation, there are a few points that make this more than a 'so what?'

(1) Doug is keeping the books up because it makes him look better...better stocked, more of a playa. :blahblah: It's what Doug does best...manipulation.

(2) He's setting some people up for disappointment by knowingly listing books that he knows he can't sell to an interested party.

(3) He's creating potential problems for the real owners of these books if they wish to sell them. 'I could get this cheaper on Pedigree' or 'why have you got it listed in the Marketplace when it's for sale elsewhere'.

Nothing earthshaking, just the usual bollocks you've come to expect from the dealer in question.

I know you don't like it when I say this, but I like Doug. I don't always agree with him, but I like him.

I don't know the guy at all. Maybe he's a great guy. But based on what i've learned, seen and heard the past few years I have been here, I can't in good conscience to business with the guy.

FT stated in perfectly why he's keeping other people's books up on his site and refusing to respond to people's requests to have them removed. Yeah, that's a guy I want to do business with. :eyeroll:

VK,

While I certainly understand your frustration that your books are still on his site...truthfully so what?

You already sold them. He can't sell what he doesn't have and all he will do is end up not being able to sell the book should someone else want it.

I personally can't stand this attacking of someone's character because they are an attorney or if they have some issues in their past (unrelated to comics).

So he doesn't answer your emails...maybe he doesn't want to deal with you either? Just playing devils advocate here...not trying to cause a stir but I just don't see the big deal here. Sorry.

If you look at the title of this thread, I was responding to the legitimacy of what Doug offers on his site. I never joined his website (nor do I intend to), so I don't know anything about an interface where I could remove my consignments.

My point is that Doug was initially very supportive of helping me sell my books, and I wound up doing 95% of the promotion, while he reaped his commission. Even before I sold the books on ebay, he NEVER contacted me about any bids on my books, even though there were several on there. I asked him what was up. No response. I don't know what his problem is/was.

Some here say "so what if he was disbarred for embezzling, give him a second chance...", well, so what if Madoff was embezzeling....let's all forget his transgressions and give him a second chance as well.....No, you say? Point made.

I was unaware of Doug's disbarrment before dealing with him. I used his services at the recommendation of Valiantman, who wound up buying the best book from the collection from Doug shortly after it was listed. It was a Four Color #386 (Uncle Scrooge #1). I believe it was severely undergraded, and has probably been resubbed by now.

Mark, it seems trival to you because you didn't have to pay nearly $1k to get the books graded, etc., at Doug recommendation. My bottom line, should I have sold ALL the books raw by myself, would have been improved by nearly $2k. This comes from slabbing fees, Doug's commission, plus my expenses for driving down to the CGC offices to see if the Dell collection might be worthy of a Pedigree designation. I don't find my $2k loss as trivial. Maybe to you, but not me.

Just playing devils advocate here...not trying to cause a stir but I just don't see the big deal here. Sorry.

+1

He should delist the books so people don't try to buy them, but why this is worthy of being brought up in a public forum screams of hidden agenda. (shrug)

FF, see my post above.....my 'agenda' is that my butt is still sore from LOSING $2k, due to his shoddy business ethics & practises, which is what this thread is ALL about.

I know you don't like it when I say this, but I like Doug. I don't always agree with him, but I like him.

I don't know the guy at all. Maybe he's a great guy. But based on what i've learned, seen and heard the past few years I have been here, I can't in good conscience to business with the guy.

FT stated in perfectly why he's keeping other people's books up on his site and refusing to respond to people's requests to have them removed. Yeah, that's a guy I want to do business with. :eyeroll:

Well, all I know is when I have sold books on his site in the past, I had a user name and a password. I could delete books myself. I didn't have to wait on Doug to take them down for me.

Here's a list of all the books Doug still has for sale from my collection, that he won't remove from his website. I've been trying to get him to remove them for 2 YEARS. They were all sold by myself on ebay last year. Is this any way to run a business or not respond to a consigners requests???:

Just have someone put an offer in on them. They'll be delisted within a day or two and you'll never hear anything back from Pedigree.

Loki, if you look at the links I posted, you'd see that many of them have bids, and several say 'Sale Pending'. This has gone on for two years before I uttered a word on this forum. How long must someone wait before airing a $2k grievance, and a complete lack of customer support? Three years? (shrug)

it's really just Pedigree doing a little mismanagement and potentially disappointing whoever would want to buy those books.

How about disappointing the person who was trying to SELL the books? Doesn't that count? As an ex-lawyer, Doug should know that when someone is paying for your services, you NEED to perform those services. Anything less is purely unprofessional. Maybe he should be disbarred from the comic book community? If it walks like a duck, as they say...

Strange the only people I see defending Doug Schmell from time to time are the ones that are making money off him and his site.

Birds of a feather? 'Nuff said.