• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Signature Series Jan 2010 - Present Q & A Thread

490 posts in this topic

Serious and honest answer is that most likely it was a special signing set up between Stan's people and CGC and since it was an important birthday they noted it on the labels. The old ss labels used to say the date and show it was signed at for a lot of the shows.

Serious and honest answer is that most likely it was a special signing set up between Stan's people and CGC and since it was an important birthday they noted it on the labels. The old ss labels used to say the date and show it was signed at for a lot of the shows.

I appreciate your response, I of course would stil love to have answers to all of my questions from a CGC employee.

I understand that in addition to the date, they listed which convention books were signed at. This was more for extra verification than anything. As books are now being signed outside of conventions more and more, they stopped adding the " where" as a measure of consistancy.

Also, Im sure there were three parties in this signing ...

Stan and his people, the people who paid for the signing, and are now selling the books, and CGC who im sure agreed to the notation ( with the people who paid Stan for the session , NOT with stan ) prior to grading.

The importance of a birthday is subjective and we could go on about it in circles forever. Id rather not go that route.

What I want is answers to my questions.

Can I, or someone else with a book signed on a talents birthday, get this notation. Are there special rules? If so , what are they?

Don't feel like CGC is reluctant to answer your questions. If you read back through this thread, you will see that it has been quite a while since CGC has responded to ANY question. Frankly, I'm not sure why this thread is still stickied given that CGC has had it on ignore for quite a while. But then again, CGC would have to remember that the thread exists in order to do something about it. :insane:

Silver,

I can try to help with your question.

Can I, or someone else with a book signed on a talents birthday, get this notation. Are there special rules? If so , what are they?

In my opinion you or someone else can get this notation. As for the special rules what I would do----In the Notes section on your submission form (2nd line underneath all of your info about the book.-----I would write "Signed by __________ on their 40th Birthday etc."

Then on the invoice I would write a giant note "Please include on label."

Then I would draw a big arrow from my giant note to the small notes line where I neatly printed what I wanted them to put on the label.

Then if I were submitting at a show I would double check this with CGC employees at the booth.

Hello I'm new to CGC and need some help on how to get SS done at a convention? I will be attending C2E2 this year and I know CGC will be there. What I want to know is how do I go about getting my signed comics certified SS. I have read the announcement on the CGC website about the show but all it says is to go to a booth or prepare an online subbmission. What steps do I need to take at the show to get certified? I have read you need to get a certified witness for each signature you get, does CGC provide this person that follows you around or do you need to pay this person and where do you find them at the show? The instructions are very vague for this and I just want to know how to do this right and enjoy the show. Any clear help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

I have a Stan Lee VIP Meet & Greet Ticket for Wizard World NYC this year, is there a way to have CGC witness my comic getting autographed for an SS slab?

Check with Desertwind Collectibles - they handle all SS for Stan Lee and can tell you exactly what you need to do.

Hello I'm new to CGC and need some help on how to get SS done at a convention? I will be attending C2E2 this year and I know CGC will be there. What I want to know is how do I go about getting my signed comics certified SS. I have read the announcement on the CGC website about the show but all it says is to go to a booth or prepare an online subbmission. What steps do I need to take at the show to get certified? I have read you need to get a certified witness for each signature you get, does CGC provide this person that follows you around or do you need to pay this person and where do you find them at the show? The instructions are very vague for this and I just want to know how to do this right and enjoy the show. Any clear help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

If you're at a show where CGC has a booth and need something witnessed, simply walk over to the CGC booth and say "hi, I want to have this book signed by X, can you please provide me with a witness?".

A witness - meaning a CGC employee or a CAW - will then follow you over to the creator and watch the book being signed. Once the book has been signed, you then follow the witness back to the CGC booth where there'll be people who can help you fill out the paperwork.

You don't pay the witness - once you've filled out the paperwork for the book at the CGC booth, a CGC employee will let you know what the damage is and you can then pay with cash, check or credit cards.

In general, it's always good to check whether a specific creator is actually at their booth (and is signing) prior to going to the CGC booth - the CGC witnesses don't have time to wait in line or wait around for a creator to show up.

Hello, I am new here and to the graded books in general. I have an old book i want to get signed by Stan Lee and want it to be verified. I would like to know if anyone will be able to verify at the up coming Amazing Comic Con in Las Vegas NV this June 15th 2013. I cant seem to find anything about that that is for certain.

I did read in another topic that for this show June 14-16, 2013 Stguchi accepting, Menace accepting. can someone please explain who these people are and are they CGC ?

thanks and sorry for my noobness.

Those are usernames of people on this board. I personally have dealt with Menace on numerous times and can highly recommend him. Send either on a PM and they can help you from there.

They are both CGC witnesses and can get books done for you.

Those are usernames of people on this board. I personally have dealt with Menace on numerous times and can highly recommend him. Send either on a PM and they can help you from there.

They are both CGC witnesses and can get books done for you.

Menace and Stguchi are acting as facilitators for those shows, not witnesses. That is an important distinction. All of the witnesses will either be regular CGC employees or be under contract as witnesses for that show.

Will there be a CGC Representative at the Fandomfest in Louisville, Kentucky, July 26-28, Stan Lee and many many others are going to be there.

Also is there a web page that shows events where you will have a booth I have looked and can not find it.

Thanks

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6751708#Post6751708

http://www.cgccomics.com/events/index.aspx

Can you resubmit a Signature Series book through CCS for pressing (as long as it is still encased in the slab)? I don't want to resubmit it if it will go from a yellow to a green label - thanks

PS - I would submit to CCS and have them send to CGC for grading (in case that mattered)

Also, when you submit a CGC encapsulated book in for pressing and then CCS forwards it over to CGC, can you use the online submission form for grading and reslabbing or do you you have to use the 'printable' CGC SS form? I don't want to lose the SS label and get the Green qualified label and want to make sure I submit the form correctly. The main reason I ask is because I'm also submitting non SS books for pressing and slabbing in the same box with this SS slabbed book and want to make sure I do everything correctly. In the online submission form there is no place for SS distinction...

Thank you!

I do know that SS books need to go on a different invoice.

I would make a SS invoice and a Blue label invoice. :)

Stinks that you need to pay 2 invoice Fees for CGC but that is how their process works.

I would just fill out two invoices from the cgc website and fill out two invoices from the CCS website.

Perhaps you could ask if they could combine for return shipping, but good luck. :)