• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

I see it going up and up, but it'll never overtake AF15

Never is an awfully long time ;)

I wonder if and when it could overtake AF #15?

Absolutely never. I can't believe people would even think it might.

From April 29, 2015

Wonder if those how said these things have changed their tune at all?

Admit their wrong? lol

I won't hold my breath.

I see it going up and up, but it'll never overtake AF15

Never is an awfully long time ;)

I wonder if and when it could overtake AF #15?

Absolutely never. I can't believe people would even think it might.

From April 29, 2015

Admit their wrong? lol

I won't hold my breath.

Not say they are wrong but remove the word "Never" as clearly it is possible, much more plausible than they would have though just over 12 months ago.

SC 4 does seem to be considerably more scarce in all grades than any of the Marvel "A" tier keys..... so this may affect things for a while. Personally, I've always been drawn to historical significance and SC 4 did usher in what would become the Silver Age. The whole Showcase run has been overlooked for a while.... which always puzzled me.... but then, they had become somewhat pricey. These recent results are intriguing.... and the Flash show is excellent (...to me)..... but I'm not ready to accept this as a permanent shift, but I'm not discounting the outside possibility that it may be, either. This is a debate that really cant be held until another couple of years of data exists. One thing I've learned about comics..... it can be very disingenuous to superimpose my own preferences and sensibilities onto the market at large..... as it is a fickle and evolving thing. One thing I do know, Flash collectors can be a very passionate lot. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

.... one other factor to study is whether the rest of the Flash run follows suit with increases..... otherwise the SC 4 fervor could just be a "flavor of the month" phenomenon....

.... one other factor to study is whether the rest of the Flash run follows suit with increases..... otherwise the SC 4 fervor could just be a "flavor of the month" phenomenon....

I would generally agree with this type of statement however SC4 has been passing each last sale with a higher sale for over a year. Its not like what we saw with some other quick rising books where a huge spike and then drops back down but rather a nice slow grind of increase sale after sale.

I would generally agree with this type of statement however SC4 has been passing each last sale with a higher sale for over a year. Its not like what we saw with some other quick rising books where a huge spike and then drops back down but rather a nice slow grind of increase sale after sale.

And other key Flash books have been hitting higher prices

Flash 105

Flash 123

Flash 139

Have all seen spikes in values on some grades. Check it. :)

My goodness folks, the gloating going on in these threads is like Wall Street 2007. :facepalm:

Hey, I already admitted earlier in the thread that I was surprised at the price of the 7.5 (shrug)

Personally, I don't believe that one sale a new trend makes but I guess that will depend on how many people decide to run with the new trend. When I want to talk about market strength I prefer to look at trends over several data points and not just selective sales.

People have a tendency to extrapolate from selective sales to make their case and form new trends.

I've already explained in the AF #15 discussion how AF #15 took off (again) after a few upgradeable copies broke GPA records and the public (or at least future buyers) took those new GPA highs as an indicator of actual demand. People balked at it but the timeline and actual events connect the dots quite clearly.

I'm not saying that the SC #4 7.5 from last night was upgradeable but I am saying that the new price point is not realistically fitting into what I know about comics and comic prices.

So why do I think it went so high? I'll keep that answer to myself.

Do I now think that SC #4 will overtake AF #15? No. I still don't believe it will over all.

Admit their wrong? lol

I won't hold my breath.

And this is why RMA called you a noob. You consistently act like one. You consistently post like it's your 1st day around here even though you've been here for years.

I even admitted last night that I was surprised at the price of the 7.5 so I have no idea why you'd reply to Ice's quote about me that way. I've never had a problem admitting that I'm wrong and am very open about that quality.

I'm just totally busting your balls Roy. Just pointing out the fact that these are almost new territories for books and we should be very cautious about using the word never lol

I was shocked at both results even the 5.0 blew up what I expected it to go for, especially with a 6.0 just a few months prior selling for 27.5k. I don't think SC4 has taken over AF15 at this point, however if the results set a new trend it could be there, a 4.0 only sold for like $14.5k recently which is another sale putting it right on par with Spidy.

I'm just totally busting your balls Roy. Just pointing out the fact that these are almost new territories for books and we should be very cautious about using the word never lol

My old teacher told me never to use the word never. I even thought about that when I typed it out. lol

My old teacher told me never to use the word never. I even thought about that when I typed it out. lol

Sithlord Roy dealing in absolutes.

If there were equal amounts of SC4 left in existence similar to AF15....the value for SC4 will crash down in price. ;) Showcase 4 is one of the book which scarcity and demand causes the high price. Again, the Golden Age books like Action 1, Detective 27..and others are value so high...again due to the scarcity and demand.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

My goodness folks, the gloating going on in these threads is like Wall Street 2007. :facepalm:

Hey, I already admitted earlier in the thread that I was surprised at the price of the 7.5 (shrug)

Personally, I don't believe that one sale a new trend makes but I guess that will depend on how many people decide to run with the new trend. When I want to talk about market strength I prefer to look at trends over several data points and not just selective sales.

People have a tendency to extrapolate from selective sales to make their case and form new trends.

I've already explained in the AF #15 discussion how AF #15 took off (again) after a few upgradeable copies broke GPA records and the public (or at least future buyers) took those new GPA highs as an indicator of actual demand. People balked at it but the timeline and actual events connect the dots quite clearly.

I'm not saying that the SC #4 7.5 from last night was upgradeable but I am saying that the new price point is not realistically fitting into what I know about comics and comic prices.

So why do I think it went so high? I'll keep that answer to myself.

Do I now think that SC #4 will overtake AF #15? No. I still don't believe it will over all.

Admit their wrong? lol

I won't hold my breath.

And this is why RMA called you a noob. You consistently act like one. You consistently post like it's your 1st day around here even though you've been here for years.

I even admitted last night that I was surprised at the price of the 7.5 so I have no idea why you'd reply to Ice's quote about me that way. I've never had a problem admitting that I'm wrong and am very open about that quality.

Being surprised and admitting you are wrong are two different things. Take off the hippy glasses and tight pants and accept it. You don't know it all Roy. (thumbs u

Call me whatever name you want. You are a know-it-all Roy. Lots of people on here know that about you. You perpetuate it all the time.

And, your generalized sweeping statements about my posts are ridiculous. Go see all my posts on this whole forum and see that majority of them are not engaging anyone immaturely.

You on the other hand. have to add your little commentary into everything...because you are a know it all.

Enjoy your day.

If there were equal amounts of SC4 left in existence similar to AF15....the value for SC4 will crash down in price. ;) Showcase 4 is one of the book which scarcity and demand causes the high price. Again, the Golden Age books like Action 1, Detective 27..and others are value so high...again due to the scarcity and demand.

Absolutely. The same can be said for Hulk 1 vs AF15. You double up the census and hulk crashes. Supply and demand.

Absolutely. The same can be said for Hulk 1 vs AF15. You double up the census and hulk crashes. Supply and demand.

+1 on that.