• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

I never paid export fees from Canada to the U.S (I do not believe they do that here in Canada).

The worst company for a Canadian buyer is UPS they charge a insane amount of money for brokerage fees and FeDex is the best they charge the correct amount based by your provincial rate versus using the general Federal tax rate witch is 13,5% here in Canada. I never use any other shipping service any more when purchasing a item that is worth a 1000$ or more from the U.S (I never purchase from any other countries...I do not trust them).

If you declare the book as a children's book (which is what the government considers comics) then you are supposed to pay 5% plus whatever brokerage fees are involved.

US buyers don't pay customs on comics.

Hence why USA embarrasses you dumb canucks. (shrug)

:foryou:

I wonder if the buyer only realized at the end when he won that the comic was located in Canada and basically backed out as to not have to pay duties on the item (or very expensive shipping to insure the item).

Now that really sucks for the seller what a waste of extra time and people that bid will most likely not bid again since they will think this is some sort of ''scam'' aka shill bidding (this exact same thing happened to me when I sold a item that had a value of over 10 000$).

Edited by Hulk1962

The guy seems desperate to do the deal outside of eBay...giving his phone number in the auction.

Yep. I think a lot of eBay sellers do with high ticket items. Think about how much $ you can save doing the deal outside of feebay

The guy seems desperate to do the deal outside of eBay...giving his phone number in the auction.

Yep. I think a lot of eBay sellers do with high ticket items. Think about how much $ you can save doing the deal outside of feebay

I agree...not cool for eBay though.

It's too bad the sale didn't go through with his real auction. He did it right the first time around.

Maximum you can save is 250$ not a penny more since some time a few years back Ebay charges a maximum of 10% on any item from 1$ to 2500$ and not a penny more for anything over 2500$. The one that gets you is the 3% paypal fees but then again I am not even sure if they charge anything over the first 2500$. You would need to contact paypal and ask. I am 100% sure with Ebay even if you sell a 10$ million dollar item you pay a maximum of 250$.

I have sold a few items in the 10 000$ to 20 000$ over the last few years and never paid more than 250$ and as far as paypal I simply can't remember as stated above.

Edited by Hulk1962

He definitely needs better pictures but it didn't seem to hinder his first auction.

I don't think it's a fake or anything...I bet it's legit.

Couldn't he have done a 2nd chance offer to the under-bidder?

I don't know if it is fake or not but this second auction is definitely not kosher.

The listing didn't look legit to me originally - This part seems off/against ebay policy?? Perhaps not...

Iam open to a reasonable offers!

HERES MY # 587 991 2206! GIVE ME A TEXT OR A CALL! PRICE TO SELL!!

Also, no better pics for such a high-priced item?

Just my two cents...

Pretty sure that is a "no fly zone" policy wise...