• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

There's a 2.0 on eBay via auction right now. I believe the seller is a boardie

What do you think the hammer price will be?

I'm thinking 8k.

I'm not sure. it's a weird and unpredictable market. If it ends that high I might consider moving mine now at these prices and buy back when it cools down. I don't think these prices will stay but I've been wrong before (BA12 sold at what I thought $600 was a high)

I have a 1.5 and saw that one recently made sold for a little under $6K

I thought that was an outlier but this 2.0 helps solidify its price

Wonder if I could upgrade my 0.5 hm

I'm sure igb could you help you with that. :D

The seller is located in Canada and most likely the buyer will be from the U.S that means that the buyer will have to pay customs fees (I know when I buy from the U.S I have to pay another 5% to 15% depending on the shipping service....FeDex is the cheapest at 5%) on this order. I wonder if U.S bidders are keeping this is mind before bidding.

Edited by Hulk1962

The seller is located in Canada and most likely the buyer will be from the U.S that means that the buyer will have to pay customs fees (I know when I buy from the U.S I have to pay another 5% to 15% depending on the shipping service....FeDex is the cheapest at 5%) on this order. I wonder if U.S bidders are keeping this is mind before bidding.

US buyers don't have to pay import fees. I have no idea about whether Canadian sellers pay export fees though.

US buyers don't have to pay import fees. I have no idea about whether Canadian sellers pay export fees though.

Customs fees do not change. Carriers charge a "brokerage fee" which is usually the cost of the customs fee and a charge for them to arrange to pay customs fees for you. It can depend by company, but can be as much as 25% or more (depending on the value of the item).

If shipped from the US by USPS there is not a "brokerage fee." In most cases you should be able to avoid the high charges, particularly if you are talking expensive comics. Auction houses and independent sellers will usually ship via usps if you ask and sometimes pay a nominal fee (to ship outside their typical carrier).

I would expect someone who regularly orders extremely high value books from the US into Canada to know this...