• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

SC 4 does seem to be considerably more scarce in all grades than any of the Marvel "A" tier keys..... so this may affect things for a while.

Are the other Flash Showcase comics not even tougher to find in high grade than is Showcase 4? Or at least Showcase 8?

Can anyone post the latest census figures on all four of these comics?

???

Being surprised and admitting you are wrong are two different things. Take off the hippy glasses and tight pants and accept it. You don't know it all Roy. (thumbs u

I don't know why you would call me a know it all. If anything I have always professed to know relatively little and am in a constant state of learning.

You have a sense of immediacy about your posts. It's a discussion, not a contest.

I'm here for the discussion, not to prove anyone right or wrong. Your pom-pomming speaks volumes about why you post.

The fact that Showcase #4 is soaring to unprecedented heights has no fundamentals in any logic whatsoever IMO. It was a dog book for decades that nobody wanted to pay for and the fact that it's gone up 3-5 times in price is not a good sign IMO. But the helicopter-value-club seems to disagree.

Has it overtaken AF #15? For the time being. Am I wrong? Yes.

I don't think it's going to stay that way long term. As I said in another thread, if it does we have larger things to worry about than whether Flash is more popular than Spider-man.

Enjoy your day.

Ah, the passive aggressive 'enjoy your day'. After taking a stand with a strong offensive rebuttal a polite 'enjoy your day' is the true sign of a civilized conversation. lol

Mark, I should have known better than to reply to you after years of avoiding you. I regret doing so and I'll go back to avoiding you. Apologies for the tangent to the group.

No apology necessary for me. Because Friday.

We used to have a lottery in the early 80's called "The Provincial Lottery" and the jingle was called 'You'll Love Fridays". Every time I hear the word Friday I think of that jingle. Wish I could find a link but I don't see one on YouTube.

SC 4 does seem to be considerably more scarce in all grades than any of the Marvel "A" tier keys..... so this may affect things for a while.

Are the other Flash Showcase comics not even tougher to find in high grade than is Showcase 4? Or at least Showcase 8?

???

Not sure which 4 you mean but:

SC4 @350

SC8 @183

H1 @ 1279

AF15 @2471

Flash 105 @454

Flash 106 @205

Flash 123 @593

Being surprised and admitting you are wrong are two different things. Take off the hippy glasses and tight pants and accept it. You don't know it all Roy. (thumbs u

I don't know why you would call me a know it all. If anything I have always professed to know relatively little and am in a constant state of learning.

You have a sense of immediacy about your posts. It's a discussion, not a contest.

I'm here for the discussion, not to prove anyone right or wrong. Your pom-pomming speaks volumes about why you post.

The fact that Showcase #4 is soaring to unprecedented heights has no fundamentals in any logic whatsoever IMO. It was a dog book for decades that nobody wanted to pay for and the fact that it's gone up 3-5 times in price is not a good sign IMO. But the helicopter-value-club seems to disagree.

Has it overtaken AF #15? For the time being. Am I wrong? Yes.

I don't think it's going to stay that way long term. As I said in another thread, if it does we have larger things to worry about than whether Flash is more popular than Spider-man.

Enjoy your day.

Ah, the passive aggressive 'enjoy your day'. After taking a stand with a strong offensive rebuttal a polite 'enjoy your day' is the true sign of a civilized conversation. lol

Mark, I should have known better than to reply to you after years of avoiding you. I regret doing so and I'll go back to avoiding you. Apologies for the tangent to the group.

Works for me Roy. I didn't miss you, didn't miss out on getting great high grade comics and things are great.

And my enjoy your day wasn't passive aggressive. I don't wish you harm. Why would I?

We don't have to agree on comic books Roy. My world won't end and I'm not losing sleep about it. I'm sure you feel the same.

Again, enjoy your day. I mean it.

I'm going to enjoy mine.

However, they were wrong.

SC 4 in 5.0 last night -29.7k VERSUS AF15 5.0 last sale $26,500

SC4 in 7.5 last night - 78.5k VERSUS AF15 last sale $73,500

hm

Compare these figures in 3 months. This is only a short term trend.

???

SC4 @350

SC8 @183

H1 @ 1279

AF15 @2471

Flash 105 @454

Flash 106 @205

Flash 123 @593

Actually I was thinking of Showcase 4, 8, 13 and 14 but those other ones are nice to see for comparison's sake as well.

:)

Edited by Hepcat

hm

Probably not really a trend based on the small numbers but the rest of the year should let us know if there is something afoot.

Given that the AF 15 numbers are for recent sales, can we assume for one brief shining moment that SC 4 now has the all-time record price for any 5.0 and 7.5 SA Book???

hm

I most definitely will. Unfortunately, those sales won't be in GPA. But i'll have it written down to compare.

I totally agree...one data point doesn't indicate a trend. My career is based on data analysis so an n=1 is always concerning.

I was basing my predictions based on recent lower-mid grade sales I have seen also. Sales off eBay and sales from some other dealers as well. I know SC4 is on the rise. Will it stay is always the burning question. No pun intended Burntboy. :)

Given that the AF 15 numbers are for recent sales, can we assume for one brief shining moment that SC 4 now has the all-time record price for any 5.0 and 7.5 SA Book???

:popcorn:

I do.

???

SC4 @350

SC8 @183

H1 @ 1279

AF15 @2471

Flash 105 @454

Flash 106 @205

Flash 123 @593

Actually I was thinking of Showcase 4, 8, 13 and 14 but those other ones are nice to see for comparison's sake as well.

:)

Showcase 13 @ 132

Showcase 14 @ 151

hm

I most definitely will. Unfortunately, those sales won't be in GPA. But i'll have it written down to compare.

I totally agree...one data point doesn't indicate a trend. My career is based on data analysis so an n=1 is always concerning.

I was basing my predictions based on recent lower-mid grade sales I have seen also. Sales off eBay and sales from some other dealers as well. I know SC4 is on the rise. Will it stay is always the burning question. No pun intended Burntboy. :)

If I'm not mistaken, this 5.0 sale is some $2000+ more than the 6.0 sale less than a month ago?!?! :o

Are the Koch Bros at it again?? hm

hm

If I'm not mistaken, this 5.0 sale is some $2000+ more than the 6.0 sale less than a month ago?!?! :o

It sure is :flamed:

Oh well, can't be greedy can we :devil:

No apology necessary for me. Because Friday.
We used to have a lottery in the early 80's called "The Provincial Lottery" and the jingle was called 'You'll Love Fridays". Every time I hear the word Friday I think of that jingle. Wish I could find a link but I don't see one on YouTube.
This one?

PROVINCIAL LOTTERY 1983 VERSION 2 by Retrontario(non-blackface version.)

hm

It sure is :flamed:

Oh well, can't be greedy can we :devil:

Boba; You're book was sweet and got a very nice price. (thumbs u I'm just amazed with what transpired yesterday. This seems almost beyond reason.

IF it was an overgraded looking 6.0 with cream pages vs an undergraded looking 5.0 with white pages I'd still have a difficult time processing these results - and that wasn't the case...???

I did, but It's amazing how soon it seems like it's already moving on to another plateau.

I just wonder how long the Koch brother's can keep keep this up. ;)