• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

htmlcomics.com Does this change EVERYTHING?

243 posts in this topic

Go to htmlcomics.com . What do you think? Who is doing it? Do we need a pool to guess on what date it will be taken down? How much time did it take to put up? How will effect our hobby? Can anyone figure out how to download the comics to a hard drive?

GoldenAgeComics.co.uk offers free downloads. (thumbs u

If the encapsulated comic phenomenon was a single piece of sand, the digital comic book phenomenon might be fandom-beach. It seems that big, mp3 big. And with portable color viewers on the near horizon it's probably just going to get much bigger.

I think the comics on GoldenAgeComics.co.uk site are ones that fall outside of copyright laws. At least the last time I looked but then again I am usually wrong...

That site's neat, but digital comics mean pretty little to me. I'm a collector, not a reader. I don't really like to read comics.

That's how you are able to like Silver Age DC books.

It all makes sense now.

Touché

Its been around for awhile and it shows me to appreciate modern comics more, go read some of those golden age, silver age and bronze stuff and you will see what I mean. Moderns are a lot better reads then people think, also go read books by the so called hot artists of those eras like Steranko and you might be in for a surprise.I couldn`t find one one good read from him and other similar artists of those eras.

Be warned this site is addicting and shows you can read comics online, if Marvel had a set up like this instead of thier clunky system, reading comics online would be more popular.

like Steranko and you might be in for a surprise.I couldn`t find one one good read from him and other similar artists of those eras.

Not that I should be the one to defend Steranko ... but the stories weren't written by him ...

As others have mentioned, I am quite surprised to notice to how many board members sites like htmlcomics.com are news ???

Not to the mention hundreds (thousands?) of comic fan blogspots. Here's just one example that's extremely eclectic, and from the long list on the right, has been mining pop-culture downloads for several years at least: Beware ,There's A Crosseyed Cyclops In My Basement!!!

I reread AF #15 and found it a little strange that on the last page, "Marvel" explains how Spider-Mans eyes are unable to be seen.

It explains this, stating that many have written in, asking how come his eyes can't be seen. It explains how the eye pieces are actually like two way mirrors.

But if AF #15 was the first appearance of Spider-Man, how did anyone write in and ask how come his eyes could not be seen? A fib? Literary icense to make things up (not that a super hero isn't made up anyway). Marketing? A mistake? More than one printing?

like Steranko and you might be in for a surprise.I couldn`t find one one good read from him and other similar artists of those eras.

Not that I should be the one to defend Steranko ... but the stories weren't written by him ...

It wasn`t just the writing but his storytelling confused me. read issues #1 and #3 and you will see what I mean.Yes he draws nice covers but I was sadly disappointed in the reading of his stuff. Now about the site, it is like a library and unbelievable!. We can try and read just about any comic we want now.

so if anybody has recommendations as of what to read or try on this site. post em.

I will start with Proof. try it out, you will not be disappointed.

Its been around for awhile and it shows me to appreciate modern comics more, go read some of those golden age, silver age and bronze stuff and you will see what I mean. Moderns are a lot better reads then people think, also go read books by the so called hot artists of those eras like Steranko and you might be in for a surprise.I couldn`t find one one good read from him and other similar artists of those eras.

Be warned this site is addicting and shows you can read comics online, if Marvel had a set up like this instead of thier clunky system, reading comics online would be more popular.

thats because 98% of all comics have always been dreck. And when Steranko was working, his artwork alone was innovative and special to make his comics valuable and notable. That today, 40 years later, you find the stories less than spectacular is no surprise. But in their time, in context of other comics coming out then? pricelessly special.

um, hes also known as a fabulous artist and comics stylist, not a writer.

thats because 98% of all comics have always been dreck. And when Steranko was working, his artwork alone was innovative and special to make his comics valuable and notable. That today, 40 years later, you find the stories less than spectacular is no surprise. But in their time, in context of other comics coming out then? pricelessly special.

um, hes also known as a fabulous artist and comics stylist, not a writer.

Good points, I could see after reading the golden age stuff how he would be considered a god, it must have been how I felt after reading Alan Moore or Frank Miller for the first time.

I reread AF #15 and found it a little strange that on the last page, "Marvel" explains how Spider-Mans eyes are unable to be seen.

It explains this, stating that many have written in, asking how come his eyes can't be seen. It explains how the eye pieces are actually like two way mirrors.

But if AF #15 was the first appearance of Spider-Man, how did anyone write in and ask how come his eyes could not be seen? A fib? Literary icense to make things up (not that a super hero isn't made up anyway). Marketing? A mistake? More than one printing?

It could be a reprint of the book. I have come across other books there that were reprints of the issue listed.

I'm not very computer savy..so as far as downloading and file sharing, I'm too lazy to get it going. But, this is VERY cool! Definitely a cool site to kill some time on when I'm bored!

This is an added bonus in my comic world...NOTHING will ever change how many comics I buy. I love owning and reading paper comic books...

This site is very cool though! It lets me read books I would never buy on my own!

D

Digital comics have been around for years. Heck I have gigabytes of them but I still buy books :shrug:

+1 :shy:

+2! :grin:

+3. I have over 32,000 comics on a hard drive. I would much rather read a copy of, for eg, Marvel Team Up #45 than read a scan of Action Comics #34 but they are a good reference. I like collecting them too.

Surprised this site is still here, very quick loading.